PDA

View Full Version : Special Operations Chief Wants More Training with Conventional Units

BMT (RIP)
09-12-2014, 07:43
Over the past decade of war, elite SOF units and conventional combat units have had to learn to work together on joint missions.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/09/11/special-operations-chief-wants-more-training-with-conventional.html?ESRC=eb.nl

BMT

MtnGoat
09-12-2014, 10:17
This is so much Crap. What do people think has been happening with VSO, at JRTC adn even NTC. Special Forces have been intergrated into the CTC training "Patch Chart" for years.

Writting IMO just to make news and spin something up.

The Reaper
09-12-2014, 10:34
This is so much Crap. What do people think has been happening with VSO, at JRTC adn even NTC. Special Forces have been intergrated into the CTC training "Patch Chart" for years.

He doesn't know what we have been doing.

He was with another organization.

As far as he knows, we are the house cleaners.

TR

Mills
09-12-2014, 10:41
He must own a shitload of shares in a company that produces multicam baseball caps and morale patches.........

blacksmoke
09-12-2014, 20:10
In Iraq our company had the opportunity to run missions with SF. My company comander said "We're not gonna be QRF for SF." They were out catching guys and we were running around putting up traffic barriers at all hours of the night...:mad:

Peregrino
09-12-2014, 20:25
There are lies and damned lies; then there's anything published by a media outlet. Personally, I'm far more comfortable when "leadership" sticks with the first two.

MtnGoat
09-15-2014, 05:25
In Iraq our company had the opportunity to run missions with SF. My company comander said "We're not gonna be QRF for SF." They were out catching guys and we were running around putting up traffic barriers at all hours of the night...:mad:

Likely because he felt the TCPs to be Safer!! :confused:

ThinAir
09-16-2014, 20:07

This reminds me of a particular JRTC memory, where an enterprising ODA, integrated with infantry uplift and coordinating with GPF counterparts, completely massacred the OPFOR and derailed days of 'dilemmas' for the BDE. We're already integrated, sir.

Hopefully just not too much...