PDA

View Full Version : Web Master Guru Assist Requested

Pandora
10-20-2004, 20:19
Non-geeks, please ignore and forgive me for not posting about a firearm or finely-honed sharpie... desperation has set in and I know there are some uber-geek-gurus here who might be able to assist! And unlike FS - for a femme, I can cuss pretty well when I feel the need - and I do now.

Does anyone know of a good freeware/shareware utility for creating a hierarchal navigation map based on an asp web application? (frustration abounds as I can usually find this kind of thing pretty quicky, but I am coming up empty... which is not usual or comfortable)

I have an .asp based web app installed on my local server and access it via a windows authenticated integrated virtual directory. File structure for the asp pages w/b:
c:\web_app_install_dir\docs

Virtual web properties point to the application install dir (c:\web_app_install_dir)then to a .cfg in the application install directory (i.e. c:\web_app_install_dir\file.cfg)

I really need to create a comprehensive navigation of the hierarchal menu structure of the .asp pages for testing/validation, but I can't seem to spider this internally via wwwroot. Front page doesn't do it when I open the c:\web_app_install_dir\docs\default.asp file.

I could search each .asp for <a href...> tags, but that still wouldn't give me a hiearchal menu/navigation structure.

Even a pointer to the right google search to find a utility would be very much appreciated. What am I missing - should I be aiming at a frame vs. the default.asp (which seems to be a redirect anyway).

Please PM if you have utilities or advice. (and I sure hope RL mixes me a fuschia, electric/eclectic something-or-other with many ounces in the mean time.)

Bill Harsey
10-20-2004, 20:45
Pandora, First-I'm proud of your ability to use "knifemaking words". Second, since I'm already probably in deep doo-doo with Ms. FS for posts she hasn't seen yet, I'll continue right down the same pipeline and will say this is a good question for her. Best of luck! Bill

hoepoe
10-21-2004, 01:00
Hi

Sorry i can't help; If you ever migrate to an apache based site, or Linux, aapache, PHP and MySQL, i'll be glad to help.

I just no zero about asp..

Hoepoe

Pandora
10-21-2004, 05:57
I miss Linux. *sniff*

Well I resorted to mailing one of the developers and they don't have a schema for this, nor do they know of an easy way to create one, so it looks as if I will have to create it manually.

Thanks for the input here and in PM's.

Kyobanim
10-21-2004, 06:19
PM coming your way

Kyobanim
10-22-2004, 08:58
Visio is to computers what channel locks are to a plumber. You can do lots of things with it. I've been playing with it since the last PM to Pandora. Some very cool stuff in it.