PDA

View Full Version : German armed forces proficiency badge

frostfire
10-17-2012, 19:30
Has anyone done this in active/reserve/ROTC time? Care to share tips/hints esp. on the high jump, long jump, shotput event?:munchin I don't remember last time doing any of these other than way back in junior high. I've perused tutorials and vids online, and as always, it seems technique is more paramount than plain stamina and strength.

I read the GAFPD standards and it's definitely way more than doable. Anyone who has put the time being all-around fit should not have problem. The shooting standard would be challenging only if it's done last after doing all the events back-to-back. I did a run for each event (other than the high/long jump and shotput) and all were go's.

SDK
10-17-2012, 22:59
Has anyone done this in active/reserve/ROTC time? Care to share tips/hints esp. on the high jump, long jump, shotput event?:munchin I don't remember last time doing any of these other than way back in junior high. I've perused tutorials and vids online, and as always, it seems technique is more paramount than plain stamina and strength.

I read the GAFPD standards and it's definitely way more than doable. Anyone who has put the time being all-around fit should not have problem. The shooting standard would be challenging only if it's done last after doing all the events back-to-back. I did a run for each event (other than the high/long jump and shotput) and all were go's.

Just train the events themselves, it's piss easy.
I did the damned pistol shoot and ruck hungover and STILL got Gold.
Tip, though, don't do the GAFPB in Vegas. Baaaaaad idea.