PDA

View Full Version : Col. Patrick B. Roberson new commander for 3rd Special Forces Group

MtnGoat
07-15-2012, 10:16
Congrats Col. Robertson

New commander installed for 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg. The 3rd Special Forces Group on Friday got a new commander and a warning that there's still a rough road ahead in Afghanistan.

http://a.fayobserver.com/#articles/2012/07/13/1190507

3rd Special Forces Group Welcomes A New Commander

http://www.soc.mil/UNS/Releases/2012/July/120706-05.html

Edited by Richard

PRB
07-15-2012, 14:51
Outstanding!
Pat was an ROTC cadet of mine and was smart enough to disregard everything I said!
He was a great college student/Cadet....mature past his years and a leader back then too.
The only thing out of character for him was he liked rap music at the time lol.
This made my day.

Gimp
08-17-2012, 16:11
But I wish they would let 3rd have their own home grown officer take charge of the unit. Perfect example is Col Chris R. He was a team leader and Company Cmdr in the same Bn and later commanded 1st Bn. Now he's going to 7th SFG. We have yet to have a home grown officer take command of our Group.

MtnGoat
08-19-2012, 07:59
But I wish they would let 3rd have their own home grown officer take charge of the unit. Perfect example is Col Chris R. He was a team leader and Company Cmdr in the same Bn and later commanded 1st Bn. Now he's going to 7th SFG. We have yet to have a home grown officer take command of our Group.

I agree 100%.. he was a Great Batt Commander. He will make a GREAT Group Commander!! Sad that USASFC// Army sends them to other Groups.

Richard
08-19-2012, 08:59
Sad that USASFC// Army sends them to other Groups.

Maybe he asked for the 7th SFG to get away from Bragg - and the TDY 'down country' is better! :p :D

MtnGoat
08-19-2012, 09:46
Maybe he asked for the 7th SFG to get away from Bragg - and the TDY 'down country' is better! :p :D

LOL.. Maybe.. NOT

But the TDY is better

ZonieDiver
08-19-2012, 10:00
I agree 100%.. he was a Great Batt Commander. He will make a GREAT Group Commander!! Sad that USASFC// Army sends them to other Groups.

Maybe 10th Group just produces too many good ones. and has to export some!