PDA

View Full Version : Military commanders warned to get troops in line

BMT (RIP)
05-03-2012, 18:23
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_US_MILITARY_DISCIPLINE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-05-03-17-43-23

BOHICA!!!

BMT

lindy
05-03-2012, 18:36
The CONOPs just increased by 10 more slides certifying that all soldiers understand the dangers of releasing their bodily fluids (Mandrake!) on enemy combatants who are no longer deemed threats. :confused:

TOMAHAWK9521
05-03-2012, 19:21
From what I saw as a filthy contractor over in Iraq and A-stan, it wasn't the young/junior leaders who needed to get their sh*t wired straight. It was the majority of the older, POS-6000's.

"What's that on your belt, COL/CSM? Oh, that's your gut!"

The CSM in the regular unit I was assigned to on my last two tours was more worried about getting his own private hooch, crapper and laundry facility built and wire up with electricity before the rest of the FOB (and his troops) were taken care of. The troops' morale and general character was pretty low and there was never any effort by the CSM on down to instill a real sense of pride and/or responsibility unless you include chicken-sh*t reflector belt and eye-pro checks.

Dreadnought
05-03-2012, 21:44
Wow, what a goddamn condescending article and approach.

Sure, put "more pressure on... sergeants." Fire team leaders don't have enough to worry about, and apparently somebody thinks they don't take care of their men well enough.

Also, somebody thinks that colonel's and above have any ability to "fix" this "problem."

Ah, gotta love it when the misdeeds of the few become the responsibility and pain of the entire organization.

Shit rolls downhill, indeed.

Sarski
05-03-2012, 21:59
From what I saw as a filthy contractor over in Iraq and A-stan, it wasn't the young/junior leaders who needed to get their sh*t wired straight. It was the majority of the older, POS-6000's.

"What's that on your belt, COL/CSM? Oh, that's your gut!"

The CSM in the regular unit I was assigned to on my last two tours was more worried about getting his own private hooch, crapper and laundry facility built and wire up with electricity before the rest of the FOB (and his troops) were taken care of. The troops' morale and general character was pretty low and there was never any effort by the CSM on down to instill a real sense of pride and/or responsibility unless you include chicken-sh*t reflector belt and eye-pro checks.

:munchin:munchin:munchin

Eagle5US
05-03-2012, 22:18
:munchin:munchin:munchin
What is the purpose of this post?
Honestly:rolleyes:

Old Dog New Trick
05-03-2012, 22:48
Seems to me that only the negatives ever reach the MSM and the focus is on a handful of events that distract from the overall success of the mission (if there is one of those left) that makes headlines.

Seems the senior level leadership is failing to make a case for continuous war without accepting that a few things will go wrong.

No level of discipline is going to prevent all the mistakes and soldiers going rogue or committing acts that others not familiar with the situation find unpleasant.

Someone pinch me when a real war crime happens, so I can adjust my perception about how far we've come in eleven-years of perma-war and people are bitching about Marines pissing on dead guys, and the mistaken burning of books. Or, what happens when you send a guy with PTSD back into theater just because you've run out of warm bodies back home.

My outside feeling isn't that these young leaders and soldiers lack discipline, but that the senior level leadership has lost sight of what in the hell we are still doing there in the first place.

Sarski
05-04-2012, 00:15
What is the purpose of this post?
Honestly:rolleyes:

The point is blunt, sir. I laughed out loud (lol). I should have probably added that all things come out in the wash. I probably got a bit carried away with myself. I hope you will understand, and forgive my innadequcies, sir.

Dusty
05-04-2012, 08:23
This is cyclical.

Pete
05-04-2012, 09:12
The Big Green Wheel turns again.

Ever notice how it always stops on the flat side?

Stras
05-04-2012, 10:16
The Big Green Wheel turns again.

Ever notice how it always stops on the flat side?

pay no attention to the skid mark left when the axle froze and we dragged it the last 40 miles...

The next couple of years will be very painful for all of us.

JimP
05-04-2012, 13:55
I want to know when the senior leaders - when faced with a question about troops pissing on dead Taliban - answer with: "So what?"

That - right there - will go a LONG way towards restoring the two-way loyalty street.

(and please spare me the comments of "we're better than that; we shouldn't sink to the level of the savages...yada...yada...yada....")

Richard
05-04-2012, 14:28
Precogs on-line yet?

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin