PDA

View Full Version : Hate Crime?

Dusty
02-12-2011, 17:45
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/02/new_orleans_pizza_delivery_man.html#incart_mce

Paslode
02-12-2011, 17:58
The pizza delivery person was the wrong skin color to classify this as a hate crime.

Dusty
02-12-2011, 18:03
Loves pizza; hates white boys.

mojaveman
02-12-2011, 18:42
I wonder if he got to eat the pizza?

I'll remember that method the next time that I'm hungry and don't have any money. Instead of bleach though I think I'll use something a little more volatile like battery acid.

Dusty
02-12-2011, 19:02

I'll remember that method the next time that I'm hungry and don't have any money. Instead of bleach though I think I'll use something a little more volatile like battery acid.

Must be easier to steal bleach.

casey
02-12-2011, 20:10

I'll remember that method the next time that I'm hungry and don't have any money.

I'm betting his motive was NOT lack of money.

One can only guess how much cash he's aleady spent getting his fat ass to 309 pounds ...

x SF med
02-12-2011, 22:52
I'm betting his motive was NOT lack of money.

One can only guess how much cash he's aleady spent getting his fat ass to 309 pounds ...

at 4'11"....:rolleyes: ... a lot.

Last hard class
02-13-2011, 00:44
I'll remember that method the next time that I'm hungry and don't have any money.

The summer before the move to Campbell there were at least two pizza delivery man robberies at our barracks. The 2 that I am aware of happened at the end of June and July. Both times it was the same delivery guy. One time we found him all busted up at the bottom of the stairwell. I mentioned that we were professionals with high standards and that next time he should be sure to arrive before the 30 minute deadline.

He failed to grasp the humor.

LHC

mojaveman
02-13-2011, 03:40
The summer before the move to Campbell there were at least two pizza delivery man robberies at our barracks. The 2 that I am aware of happened at the end of June and July. Both times it was the same delivery guy. One time we found him all busted up at the bottom of the stairwell. I mentioned that we were professionals with high standards and that next time he should be sure to arrive before the 30 minute deadline.

He failed to grasp the humor.

LHC

Grabbing pizzas from the delivery man was a frequent occurance at Bragg, especially on Saturday nights after the perpetrators would have a few beers in them.

I always paid for my pizza.

Dusty
02-13-2011, 04:31
I think I'll start a big pizza company and furnish my deliverers with CCW certification. Whoever's on duty will draw a pistol with a light on the rail from the "arms room". Robberies will virtually cease overnight.

Pete
02-13-2011, 04:39
Grabbing pizzas from the delivery man was a regular occurance at Bragg, especially on Saturday nights after the perpetrators would have a few beers in them.

I always paid for my pizza.

You are young. Just before your time there was no delivery pizza. You had to buy them off the Blue and White Tony's Trucks. They would drive down the sidewalks between the barracks' with the tinny music playing stopping every now and again.

Little hard to jump up and through that little window on the side.

But everyone thought name brand delivery pizza was cool so the Tony's Truck died out. While delivery was a better pizza Tony's was "Hot and Now".

greenberetTFS
02-13-2011, 06:40
The pizza delivery person was the wrong skin color to classify this as a hate crime.

Your have that right ...............:mad:

Big Teddy :munchin

Paslode
02-13-2011, 07:55

Unfortunately I feel that is true, if the tables were reversed the MSM, SPLC, ACLU, NAACP would be on it like stink on shit, looking into his past to see if he was or any family members were in the KKK, see if he owned guns, they would confront his employer and portray the individual as the reincarnation of Mississippi Burning.

Unfortunately the bad guy is a 4' 11" 309 lb. ball of lard affectionately referred to as 'Baby T' and he happens to be Black. Baby T is a misunderstood individual and he suffers from the atrocities inflicted on his ancestors which occurred hundreds of years ago.

What Baby T did, it didn't involve hate, it was merely part of the reconciliation process and retribution for al the Black Delivery Boys that suffered at the hands of Whitey throughout the ages....but if the White Delivery Boy goes back and visits Baby T with a laxative laced pizza, and a cup of bleach it could be considered a Hate Crime. And if the white citizens of the area do what the Law has failed to do with Baby T, it would definitely be considered a Hate Crime.

Sigaba
02-13-2011, 10:16
Has anyone taken the time to read the statutes for hate crimes for either the city of New Orleans or the state of Louisiana?

Dusty
02-13-2011, 10:24
Has anyone taken the time to read the statutes for hate crimes for either the city of New Orleans or the state of Louisiana?

Negative. Too dry.

akv
02-13-2011, 10:51
Unfortunately the bad guy is a 4' 11" 309 lb. ball of lard affectionately referred to as 'Baby T' and he happens to be Black. Baby T is a misunderstood individual and he suffers from the atrocities inflicted on his ancestors which occurred hundreds of years ago.

What Baby T did, it didn't involve hate, it was merely part of the reconciliation process and retribution for al the Black Delivery Boys that suffered at the hands of Whitey throughout the ages....but if the White Delivery Boy goes back and visits Baby T with a laxative laced pizza, and a cup of bleach it could be considered a Hate Crime. And if the white citizens of the area do what the Law has failed to do with Baby T, it would definitely be considered a Hate Crime.

This hypothesis is infinitely more dynamic than mine. I just chalked this crime up to an all too common feature of humanity, regardless of race , sheer stupidity laced with a touch of malice, or an example of natural selection if you like. I am wondering how something 4'11 and 309 can even move unless dropped out of an airplane, also whether sticking Mr. Alexis in a cell with a Twinkie just out of reach constitutes cruel and unusual punishment...

Paslode
02-13-2011, 11:34
I just chalked this crime up to an all too common feature of humanity, regardless of race

I think you are correct.

But it is just that some don't view it and some aren't treated in such light....without 'Hate Crime and Hate Speech' their would be a lot less Non-Profit 503(c) that manufacturer the eviler of evils and the victims their handy work produces.

Why aren't Morris Dees and Mark Potok helping out this delivery boy.....who was referred to as white BOY, was told he didn't belong here and was injured because of his skin color.....

Richard
02-13-2011, 12:01
RE: Post #17 - astounding.

BTW - I, too, hate crime.

Richard :munchin

echoes
02-13-2011, 12:01

Agree 110% on this one....and well, I researched the statutes for hate crimes for either the city of New Orleans or the state of Louisiana....:rolleyes:

Hate is Hate, and I do not need to read an enacted treaty to tell me what it is, and is not. I am an educated American, and this is a hate crime, IMNSHO!

Holly:munchin

Paslode
02-13-2011, 13:01
RE: Post #17 - astounding.

BTW - I, too, hate crime.

Wrong is wrong, Hate is Hate, Evil is Evil and Dead is Dead......and comes in all shapes, sizes and colors.

However 503(c) like SPLC continue the hate and increase their bottom line through discriminating use of adjectives and the subjective manner in how they deem who is a victim.

Just saying, that if we all want to get along you have to be willing to call a Spade a Spade and know that the traffic is two way, not one way.

'

Sigaba
02-13-2011, 13:24
Wrong is wrong, Hate is Hate, Evil is Evil and Dead is Dead......and comes in all shapes, sizes and colors.

However 503(c) like SPLC continue the hate and increase their bottom line through discriminating use of adjectives and the subjective manner in how they deem who is a victim.

Just saying, that if we all want to get along you have to be willing to call a Spade a Spade and know that the traffic is two way, not one way.How are you any different than the SPLC? You use a subjective definition of a hate crime rather than a definition that is based upon the law.

(How does the victim of this crime even fit into the SPLC's strategy?)

Dusty
02-13-2011, 13:37
I think you are correct.

But it is just that some don't view it and some aren't treated in such light....without 'Hate Crime and Hate Speech' their would be a lot less Non-Profit 503(c) that manufacturer the eviler of evils and the victims their handy work produces.

Why aren't Morris Dees and Mark Potok helping out this delivery boy.....who was referred to as white BOY, was told he didn't belong here and was injured because of his skin color.....

Oh, you don't usually see a ton of press re: black on white crimes.

A la:

http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/hatecrimes.html

Cleveland, Ohio. A white man on a moped accidentally bumped into a truck being driven by a black man. He fell over but was not injured. A crowd of 40 white people pulled the black driver from the truck and brutally beat him. One of them climbed in the truck and ran over the driver, killing him. The crowd cheered.
Jacksonville, Florida. A group of four to six white men agreed that they would brutalize the next black person they saw walking down the street. That person turned out to be a mentally disabled 50-year-old, whom they beat and stomped into unconsciousness. He later died of his injuries.

Are you surprised that you’ve never heard of these sickening murders based on racial hatred? You didn’t see saturation coverage on the news. You didn’t hear politicians decrying racism. You didn’t see a livid Jesse Jackson on CNN. Why? Because these acts of brutality didn’t happen exactly as I described above. Oh, they happened, all right. The only thing is, the races of the attackers and victims were reversed. That is, a white man was beaten and then crushed by a mob of 40 black people who were furious that a black man bumped into his truck.¹ In Jacksonville, it was a gang of black men who stomped a mentally-disabled man to death solely because he was white.²

Because these hate crimes were perpetrated by black against whites — even though they were based completely on racial hatred — the national media, politicians, and civil rights leaders ignored them.

If these acts of savagery had indeed happened as I originally described them above, you would have heard about them. But because they were perpetrated by blacks against whites — even though they were based completely on racial hatred — the national media, politicians, and civil rights leaders ignored them. As opposed to the deaths of Yusef Hawkins and James Byrd, these deaths are only reported in the local media. And even then, the races of the people involved are often not mentioned.
Below are some more hate crimes that have been ignored because they happened the “wrong way” (i.e., they were black-on-white instead of white-on-black).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Upset about a racial name-calling that occurred earlier that night, several black men savagely beat a random white man who had had nothing to do with the incident. He slipped away from his attackers, but they forced him to swim into a lake to escape. He drowned. The three men were sentenced to less than a year in jail.3

Massachusetts. Four black men decided to murder the next white person they saw. That unlucky soul was a college student from Boston, whom the men stabbed to death.4

Indiana. A black man was arrested for killing seven white people with a shotgun. He explained that he murdered his victims due to his “deep-rooted hatred” of white people.5

Miami, Florida. The leader of a black supremacist sect (i.e., the “Yaweh ben Yaweh cult”) was convicted of the murders of several white people. He ordered his followers to kill any and all “white devils.” They killed at least seven white people, bringing back body parts to their leader.6

North Carolina. Seven black men kidnapped a white woman, raped her, put her in a tub of bleach, shot her five times, and dumped her body. The murderers said they did this for racial reasons.7

North Carolina. Four black teenagers lured a white, ten-year-old girl into an empty house. “There, they sodomized her, strangled her with a cable wire, and beat her to death with a board. In the past few weeks, the trials in the Tiffany Long case have received extensive coverage in the North Carolina press. But with two of the three defendants already sentenced to lifelong prison terms, and the third now standing trial, the national media have all but ignored the story. Only the Associated Press has reported on the trials, in a single, cursory piece. The AP, of course, failed to mention the race of the people involved — an oversight it seldom if ever committed in the case of Amadou Diallo.”8

Boulder, Colorado. After discovering that one of their members had never had intercourse with a white woman, an Asian gang went looking for one. When they found a white University of Colorado student, the six men gang raped her in their minivan for two hours.
At their trial, “Detectives described the woman’s night of terror, including repeated threats to kill her.

“The woman leaped out of the minivan after one of the men raped her. Naked, she sprinted across Lefthand Canyon Road before Steve Yang tackled her, authorities said.

“‘They were all screaming at her, calling her names and hitting her,’ Detective Jane Harmer testified.

“Yang put her in a headlock and dragged her back into the van, where she was raped repeatedly, Harmer said.

“‘It was a free-for-all,’ Harmer testified.

“One man threatened to ‘cut and burn her,’ and another put a gun barrel to the back of her head when they released her, Harmer said.”9

Kansas City, Missouri. An Ethiopian immigrant shot two white coworkers — killing one and critically injuring the other — at his workplace, then turned the gun on himself. At his residence, police found a three-page, signed note he had written in which he railed at “black blood sucker supreme white people” for oppressing him and black people in general.10

New York City. In a Midtown office building, a white woman was assaulted, raped, and anally raped by a black man who called her racist names during the attack. Police refused to label it a hate crime.11

Alexandria, Virginia. A black man walking through a neighborhood went over to a white eight-year-old boy playing in his great-grandparents’ front yard and slit the child’s throat, killing him. A witness says that the attacker shouted racial epithets during the attack, and the main suspect in the case owns anti-white hate literature and had written a note about killing white children. He had been previously arrested for attacking an unarmed white stranger with a hammer. (During the attack, he called his victim “Whitey.”)12
This particular case provides a perfect example of the terrible way that anti-white hate crimes are handled. First, the investigators decided not to tell police officers about the racial aspects of the case, even while the police were conducting a manhunt to find the boy’s killer. When this was revealed by the Washington Post, city council member Joyce Woodson defended this withholding of information from the cops on the front line. “What they did was proper. We already live in a racially charged world.” The Democratic mayor of Alexandria implied his agreement: “Efforts to sensationalize this investigation will only hurt this investigation.”13
Snip

Richard
02-13-2011, 15:31
without 'Hate Crime and Hate Speech' their would be a lot less Non-Profit 503(c) that manufacturer the eviler of evils and the victims their handy work produces.

Why aren't Morris Dees and Mark Potok helping out this delivery boy.....who was referred to as white BOY, was told he didn't belong here and was injured because of his skin color....

1. The SPLC - same as the school for which I was a high school principal - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit IAW the Internal Revenue Code, not a 503 (c).

2. The mission and history of the SPLC and its actions are here and do not support the subjective claims made by some in this thread.

Mission: http://splcenter.org/what-we-do

History: http://splcenter.org/who-we-are/splc-history - clicking on the blue-text years will give specific cases which help to understand their focus across the spectrum of civil rights under American law.

And so it goes...

Paslode
02-13-2011, 15:40
How are you any different than the SPLC? You use a subjective definition of a hate crime rather than a definition that is based upon the law.

I don't believe it was a definition, rather an observation or perception.....or misconception in your view.

But maybe we agree on something? Likely not..

Not many if any crimes involve Love, but most involve hate or malicious intent. So if it were up to me I would just call it a criminal act or crime with no adjectives, regardless of whether it was a White Boy or the Black Boy Baby T making the delivery and getting the bleaching. Whether or not they used insults like, White BOY, Honky, Jew BOY, Heb, Chink, Gook,Spic, Chico,Wetback, Faggot, Black BOY, Spook or Sambo, etc. during the confrontation is of no importance.....wrong is wrong, there was injury & theft involved and and the evil doer needs to pay for the crime.

But that isn't how things are done in the real world. In the real world we label people with terms like Racist and Hater when say White Folks do harm or insult Folks of another color or preferences.
What Baby T did was no different Uncle Jimmy did back in the day......the difference between Baby T and Uncle Jimmy is Jimmy is labeled a racist and said to have committed 'Hate Crimes'. Baby T on the other hand has a Victim Card and is given a pass when it comes to racism and so-called Hate Crimes.

Baby T derogatorily emphasized the victim as being a White Boy (Many Blacks consider the term 'Boy' or Black Boy" an insult) and stated that he (The White Boy) did not belong there (effectively telling The White Boy he belonged in the back of the bus). Thus one can draw the conclusion that Baby stole from and physically harmed the Delivery Person solely based on the color of his skin. So if we are going to be fair Baby T is guilty of racism, hate speech and he committed a Hate Crime.

(My wayward opinion) These Law you speak of........ in far too many instances are subject to interpretation, agendas and fear retribution especially when perverted by profiteers like Morris Dees, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.

How does the victim of this crime even fit into the SPLC's strategy?

The victim likely isn't a minority or immigrant, so SPLC likely isn't interested. But if organizations such as SPLC really wanted to stamp out prejudice and the crimes the SPLC and others associate with prejudice they would jump on all such crimes regardless of racial status.

Klansmen hanging out out at a Polling station..........New Black Panther Party hanging out at a Polling station. BET - WET. NAACP - NAAWP. Black Caucus - White Caucus.

Justice is not evenly dispensed (not even close) when it comes to so-called Hate Groups, Hate Crimes or even Hate Speech.

I am now ready to receive your assault with the Cat of Nine Tails;)

Paslode
02-13-2011, 16:34
1. The SPLC - same as the school for which I was a high school principal - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit IAW the Internal Revenue Code, not a 503 (c).

2. The mission and history of the SPLC and its actions are here and do not support the subjective claims made by some in this thread.

Mission: http://splcenter.org/what-we-do

History: http://splcenter.org/who-we-are/splc-history - clicking on the blue-text years will give specific cases which help to understand their focus across the spectrum of civil rights under American law.

And so it goes...

Some... Just me...don't be nice..be frank about it.....I stepped in it and got schooled.

I better have both WIDE eyes open before I step on the field....or at least pick on the right organization.....urrrrrrrrrrrrr.....g-damn it.

grog18b
02-14-2011, 07:11
Oh, you don't usually see a ton of press re: black on white crimes.

Good post Dusty.

The 4-foot, 11-inch, 309-pound Alexis
He's a CIRCLE!

tonyz
02-14-2011, 08:20
IMO, the SPLC, ACLU and others, probably did some good work early on in the area of civil rights - but like so many people, organizations, political parties, etc., today - they have lost their way and the mission has been hijacked. It’s all well and good to read the self-serving mission statement published by the SPLC…quite another to observe which cases these folks pursue and ignore.

That ultra conservative rag, the Boston Globe, has published an older (but relevant) op-ed piece discussing the SPLC and hate crimes that may add to this discussion.

http://www.jeffjacoby.com/218/the-flames-of-hate-in-alabama

Excerpt:

“But real progress will come only when we abandon the whole misguided notion of "hate crimes," which deems certain crimes more deserving of outrage and punishment not because of what the criminal did, but because of the group to which the victim belonged. The burning of a church is a hateful act regardless of the congregants' skin color. That some people bend over backward not to say so is a disgrace.”

The flames of hate in Alabama
by Jeff Jacoby
The Boston Globe
February 15, 2006
http://www.jeffjacoby.com/218/the-flames-of-hate-in-alabama

NOTE: This column is available through the New York Times Syndicate. For permission to reprint it, please contact pearsmh@nytimes.com or call 800-535-4425.

SUPPOSE THAT in 2005 unknown hoodlums had firebombed 10 gay bookstores and bars in San Francisco, reducing several of them to smoking rubble. It takes no effort to imagine the alarm that would have spread through the Bay Area's gay community or the manhunt that would have been launched to find the attackers. The blasts would have been described everywhere as "hate crimes," editorial pages would have thundered with condemnation, and public officials would have vowed to crack down on crimes against gays with unprecedented severity.

Suppose that vandals last month had attacked 10 Detroit-area mosques and halal restaurants, leaving behind shattered windows, wrecked furniture, and walls defaced with graffiti. The violence would be national front-page news. On blogs and talk radio, the horrifying outbreak of anti-Muslim bigotry would be Topic No. 1. Bills would be introduced in Congress to increase the penalties for violent "hate crimes" -- no one would hesitate to call them by that term -- and millions of Americans would rally in solidarity with Detroit's Islamic community.

Fortunately, those sickening scenarios are only hypothetical. Here is one that is not:

In the past two weeks, 10 Baptist churches have been burned in rural Alabama. Five churches in Bibb County -- Ashby Baptist, Rehobeth Baptist, Antioch Baptist, Old Union Baptist, and Pleasant Sabine -- were torched between midnight and 3 a.m. on Feb. 3. Four days later, arsonists destroyed or badly damaged Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church in Greene County, Dancy First Baptist Church in Pickens County, and two churches in Sumter County, Galilee Baptist and Spring Valley Baptist. On Saturday, Beaverton Freewill Baptist Church in northwest Alabama became the 10th house of worship to go up in flames.

Ten arson attacks against 10 churches -- all of them Baptist, all in small Alabama towns, all in the space of eight days: If anything is a hate crime, obviously this is.

Or is it? "We're looking to make sure this is not a hate crime and that we do everything that we need to do," FBI Special Agent Charles Regantold reporters in Birmingham. Make sure this is not a hate crime? If 10 Brooklyn synagogues went up in flames in a little over a week, wouldn't investigators start from the assumption that the arson was motivated by hatred of Jews? If 10 Cuban-American shops and restaurants in Miami were deliberately burned to the ground, wouldn't the obvious presumption be that anti-Cuban animus was involved?

Apparently Baptist churches are different.

"I don't see any evidence that these fires are hate crimes," Mark Potok, a director of the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center, told the Los Angeles Times. "Anti-Christian crimes are exceedingly rare in the South."
But are anti-Christian crimes really that rare? Or are they simply less interesting to the left, which prefers to cast Christians as victimizers, not victims?

A search of the SPLC's website, for example, turns up no references to Jay Scott Ballinger, a self-described Satan worshiper deeply hostile to Christianity, who was sentenced to life in prison for burning 26 churches between 1994 and 1999. Yet if those weren't "hate crimes," what were they?

Running through the coverage of the latest church burnings is an almost palpable yearning to cast the story in racial terms. "Federal investigators are looking for two white men for questioning in connection with a string of church fires in central Alabama," began a National Public Radio story on Friday. "Race may be a factor." In fact, race seems not to be a factor at all -- five of the churches had mostly white congregations, five were largely black. To a media ever ready to expose racism in American culture, the arsonists' lack of regard for skin color must be maddening.

In 1996, a spate of fires in the South was wildly and falsely trumpeted in the media as an eruption of racism. "We are facing an epidemic of terror," said Deval Patrick, the Clinton administration's assistant attorney general for civil rights. But as it turned out, there was no racist conspiracy. More than a third of the arsonists arrested were black, and more than half the churches burned were white. So perhaps it is progress of a sort that, this time around, the media are keeping in check the urge to cry "Racism!"

But real progress will come only when we abandon the whole misguided notion of "hate crimes," which deems certain crimes more deserving of outrage and punishment not because of what the criminal did, but because of the group to which the victim belonged. The burning of a church is a hateful act regardless of the congregants' skin color. That some people bend over backward not to say so is a disgrace.