PDA

View Full Version : Scout shepherds vision of 3rd Group memorial into reality (UPDATE: GO VOTE NOW)

Pete
12-03-2010, 04:03
Scout shepherds vision of 3rd Group memorial into reality

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2010/12/03/1052501?sac=Mil

"Jacob Netzel insists he's no hero.

The families and friends of more than two dozen fallen soldiers disagree.

When Col. Mark Schwartz, commander of the 3rd Special Forces Group, saluted Netzel's "leadership and persistence" in making the group's memorial walkway a reality, many of them nodded in agreement................"

Eagle Scout project.

Good work Jacob.

SF_BHT
12-03-2010, 06:05
One Outstanding Eagle Project and a Great memorial to our brothers..........

Congrats to the young man.... Job Well Done......

JJ_BPK
12-03-2010, 06:36
Jacob Netzel, Job well done.. Thank You..

Dusty
12-03-2010, 06:45
Eagle Scout Jacob Netzel, you set an incredibly outstanding example for every young man in this Country.

I gotta hunch we'll hear more about you in the future.

Thank you.

The Reaper
12-03-2010, 07:34
I was at the ceremony, it was a great time.

The Scout was very humble, considering the efforts he had to make to raise the funds, get a waiver for the project from Sec Army, and make it happen.

Lots of brothers there, and their families, to honor the fallen.

Will post a pic or two later.

We will never forget.

Thanks, Jacob!

TR

aegisnavy
12-03-2010, 07:54
Well done, Jacob. These are the reasons why I will always love being a part of the Scouting organization.

The Reaper
12-03-2010, 23:05
Pics of the ceremony and the stones.

TR

11Ber
12-04-2010, 09:01
I was one of the stone unveilers. I had no idea until the Colonel's speech that the young Boy Scout had done much of the leg work to get this project accomplished. Much respect and thanks to him.

StRaTeGy_
12-27-2010, 14:23
I was one of the stone unveilers. I had no idea until the Colonel's speech that the young Boy Scout had done much of the leg work to get this project accomplished. Much respect and thanks to him.

I couldn't attend, but went there to admire the great job and it is impressive knowing that he did all that great work! That walkway have been in different peoples mind for a while now. That's a Job well done Jacob!

Snaquebite
01-05-2011, 12:10
Jacob is one of 4 Eagle Scouts being considered for the American Spirit Award

VOTE HERE:

http://boyslife.org/americanspiritaward

Pete
01-05-2011, 12:21
Rules say you can vote once each day.

I did - and will........

Bump the vote.

dennisw
01-05-2011, 12:32
What a great project. Kudos the this young man. Just when you think everything is gone to yogurt, a story like this comes along. Can't wait to visit the site the next time I'm at Ft. Bragg.

Peregrino
01-05-2011, 12:39
Done - Thinking back to my own Eagle project gives me insight and appreciation for the effort Jacob put into his project. Four years of dedication, pounding the pavement and twisting arms is commendable for anyone, let alone a young man just learning about goals and mission focus.

wet dog
01-05-2011, 12:46
and other too.

Just met up with Tatonka316, he told me all about the ceremony.

Nicely done!

Gypsy
01-10-2011, 18:35
Jacob is one of 4 Eagle Scouts being considered for the American Spirit Award

I did - and will........

Bump the vote.

Bump.

Online voting for the nominees will be from January 5 through February 11 and will make up 50-percent of the evaluation process. Voters may vote once each day during the voting period. A panel of Boys’ Life editors and members of the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation also will evaluate nominees based on each entry’s alignment with the values of Scouting, Boys’ Life and the American Spirit Award.

alelks
01-10-2011, 19:40
Just voted again.