PDA

View Full Version : Sale on Danner boots, 50% off with Free Shipping

MK262
12-03-2010, 02:42
I apologize in advance if this post is placed in the wrong forum; I wasn't sure what forum to put this in. I picked General Discussion because I figured it probably gets the most traffic, and I didn't want anyone to miss out on this deal that would have otherwise benefitted from it.

Danner is having a 50% off sale, with free shipping, on Decemeber 4th only.

Click on the link for info.

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=4c4fae7dc67ebb7babf27dc7d&id=fabe49c7d2&e=

Seems like it could make for buying some good Christmas presents. :)

BigJimCalhoun
12-03-2010, 20:03
Hmm

I like these:D
http://www.danner.com/boots/desert-tfxtm-rough-out-gtxr-insulated-400g-military-boot-tfx.html

Masochist
12-03-2010, 20:48
I've actually never worn anything Danner, although this is as good an excuse as any to break that trend. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone ever try their socks? :confused:

mangler
12-03-2010, 22:42
I've actually never worn anything Danner, although this is as good an excuse as any to break that trend. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone ever try their socks? :confused:

I've got quite a few pairs of their wool socks. Well made, fit well, I have a few pairs that are probably three years old and still going strong. If your looking at the boots and you have wide feet I would suggest ordering a width wider than normal. Their boots seem to run on the narrow side.

Masochist
12-03-2010, 23:27
I've got quite a few pairs of their wool socks. Well made, fit well, I have a few pairs that are probably three years old and still going strong. If your looking at the boots and you have wide feet I would suggest ordering a width wider than normal. Their boots seem to run on the narrow side.

Do they hold up well while hiking? Seams don't rub?

Buffalobob
12-04-2010, 07:53
I was wearing a pair of Pronghorns with 1200 g of insulation yesterday. Not my favorite boot until the ground get frozen. Not a great stalking boot but is used mostly when I will be setting up and waiting for a long time to get a long range shot.

If I am going to be active and moving around and it will be cold then I wear Meindls which fit my feet really well.

rubberneck
12-04-2010, 08:42
Thanks for the heads up. I just bought myself a pair of the Instigator GTX 200G's. They'll be my first pair of Danner's and I am looking forward to seeing if they quality lives up to the hype. At $96 you can't really go too wrong.

dadof18x'er
12-04-2010, 10:55
Thanks for the heads up. I just bought myself a pair of the Instigator GTX 200G's. They'll be my first pair of Danner's and I am looking forward to seeing if they quality lives up to the hype. At $96 you can't really go too wrong.

When you made your purchase did their cart show the half price? I'm trying to make a buy but after putting in the promo code "goodfriend" it's showing the full price:(

edit- there must be a million people hitting that site today, took about an hour but I got an order in.

Angry Mike
12-04-2010, 11:45
I have had Danners off and on for 20 years.

If you have even a slightly wide foot, you better buy the wides.

For the guy who asked about seams and such, I have never had a problem. My feet are a little weak from years of abuse in the Ranger winter boot, summer boot, scuba boot, MFF boot and every other use (aka) green jungle boot, so take it with a grain of salt.

I will try out their socks though.

MT

BigJimCalhoun
12-04-2010, 12:30
When you made your purchase did their cart show the half price? I'm trying to make a buy but after putting in the promo code "goodfriend" it's showing the full price:(

edit- there must be a million people hitting that site today, took about an hour but I got an order in.

Did you put it in all CAPITALS?

Sometimes the tech guys do a straight string compare instead of upper or lower-casing the strings. I was successful with GOODFRIEND.

dadof18x'er
12-04-2010, 13:16
Did you put it in all CAPITALS?

Sometimes the tech guys do a straight string compare instead of upper or lower-casing the strings. I was successful with GOODFRIEND.D

no I did lower case, I think the site is really busy. How long did it take for you to get an order in?

Peregrino
12-04-2010, 13:29
I've been working on an order for 45 minutes. Almost done. I also used all caps. No problems, just slow.

ETA: Posted this while the order was loading, hit submit, went back to Danner and it was completed.

Masochist
12-04-2010, 17:07
Looks like the site has been having issues all afternoon. It's slow loading, and I've been having issues (in multiple browsers) with adding boots to the cart. Seems the word got out to a few people. ;)

DJ Urbanovsky
12-04-2010, 19:50
Can't get into it at all right now either.

Masochist
12-04-2010, 20:16
Call the second number on their Contact Us page (503-251-1100). The first (877-4DANNER) has been busy all day, while the second you should get through in about a half an hour. :rolleyes:

I had to place my order over the phone. The customer service rep said they had no clue the sale would be this popular and it's overloaded their servers. She was more than happy to honor the discount, even though it was originally supposed to be "online only."

CoLawman
12-04-2010, 21:39
The site is still down. Not an economist but 50% off any name brand item with free shipping will overwhelm any business. Americans are tired of this recession and want to SPEND particularly if they are getting a good product for a good price.

BigJimCalhoun
12-05-2010, 09:49
We need more coupons like this.

I will write Remington and explain how successful this was for Danner and see when they are offering 50% off.:)

dadof18x'er
12-05-2010, 10:02
We need more coupons like this.

I will write Remington and explain how successful this was for Danner and see when they are offering 50% off.:)

I wonder if anyone got an e-mail receipt yet? Still waiting on mine

Masochist
12-05-2010, 11:07

I wondered this as well, as I'm still waiting on mine. I at least got my order number. I had to remind the customer service rep on the phone to take my email address and send a receipt. Were you one of the lucky few to place your order online?

Stras
12-05-2010, 11:47
Funny, ha ha.......

The boots I tried to order are not available due to a large order for the Army. yeah, no kidding, these are great boots that were just issued to me, and I wanted another pair.....:cool:

dadof18x'er
12-05-2010, 11:55
I wondered this as well, as I'm still waiting on mine. I at least got my order number. I had to remind the customer service rep on the phone to take my email address and send a receipt. Were you one of the lucky few to place your order online?

yes but only after an hour of re-typing all my order info, after I hit the buy button it would time out and start over. Its amazing what I went thru to save $85 :D

DJ Urbanovsky
12-05-2010, 12:37
Was never able to get my order completed, web last night or phone this morning. Not for lack of trying, either. At one point, I got as far as entering shipping info and then their site froze up. So I sent 'em an email this morning asking if they might still take care of me. We'll see what they say. I'm not at all surprised at how much traffic this deal generated.

Masochist
12-05-2010, 15:30
After a half an hour of waiting on the phone, I composed an email to Danner in the hopes I would get through somehow. I also had carrier pigeons waiting in the wings (no pun intended).

Here's the response I received this afternoon:

Thank you for your email. We understand and are aware that our website was having complications while trying to keep up with the unpredictably high volume of traffic on Saturday during the Friends and Family sale. We apologize that you were unable to complete your order. Unfortunately the sale was for Saturday only and we will be unable to honor any pricing. This sale was intended for Friends and Family of LaCrosse Footwear employees and was unexpectedly spread throughout the internet. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. We will be modifying our Friends and Family Sale in the future to reflect the original spirit of the sale.

If you received the email offer directly from a friend or family member at LaCrosse, please contact them directly, by end of day Monday, to place your order.

BigJimCalhoun
12-05-2010, 16:01
I received a receipt after I submitting.

After a half an hour of waiting on the phone, I composed an email to Danner in the hopes I would get through somehow. I also had carrier pigeons waiting in the wings (no pun intended).

Here's the response I received this afternoon:

Hmm, looks like the whole thing went viral on them. I suspect a few executives probably got phone calls at home from those seeking further instuctions.

Golf1echo
12-07-2010, 18:46
A few lines down in "Professional Gear" called pro deals is a Post that may be helpful.....(LaCrosse). I swear by Danners, the Recon can't be beat, great traction and ankle support, for years. The TFX RO GTX 400g, took a bit but broke in like slippers, they are for arid conditions not slippery rock.

Peregrino
12-10-2010, 21:21
SUCCESS! Package came yesterday, had to wait until today to pick it up (Post Office hours :(). I'm a Happy Camper! Now all I have to do is figure out which insoles I'm going to use; Danner's don't provide the "feel" I've gotton used to with the Sole inserts I've put in everything else.

ABNinRI
12-12-2010, 20:57
Stras:
Did you get the Combat Hiker or the ICH, and what reviews, if any? I was looking to purchase one of these (probably by paying an extra arm + leg on ebay :( ) before a deployment coming up in the Spring.

-ML

Masochist
12-12-2010, 21:04
Stras:
Did you get the Combat Hiker or the ICH, and what reviews, if any? I was looking to purchase one of these (probably by paying an extra arm + leg on ebay :( ) before a deployment coming up in the Spring.

-ML

I ordered a pair of the ICH, which should (hopefully) be here by the 16th. I'll post a review once I get out in them.

rubberneck
12-13-2010, 15:07
The guy with the big brown truck just dropped off my boots. My first impressions are the are true to size (i'm a 10.5 EE) and fit perfectly. The are a bit heavier than expected but are comfortable just wearing them around. I don't think my schedule will permit me to really wring them out for the next week or two but with winter right around the corner and a need for a good pair of insulated boots the sale couldn't have come at a better time. Now all I need to do is head out to Eastern Mountain sports and pick up a pair of Sole custom footbeds.

dadof18x'er
12-13-2010, 16:42
my boots arrived today, Desert TFX. Very impressive boot, sized very well...now if # 1 son don't need them when he gets home for Christmas they will be a fine pair of work boots for an old trim carpenter ;)

BigJimCalhoun
12-13-2010, 19:55
my boots arrived today, Desert TFX. Very impressive boot, sized very well...now if # 1 son don't need them when he gets home for Christmas they will be a fine pair of work boots for an old trim carpenter ;)

I think I ordered essentially the same ones - the TFX with the GTX option and they arrived today. I don't mean to sound like a "sore winner" but I should have ordered one or two more pairs. I mean no disrespect to those who were not able to take advantage of the offer.