PDA

View Full Version : Why won’t the US Attorney for CO prosecute Stolen Valor Act cases?

Richard
09-25-2009, 08:08
Check out the right SSI of the General. :mad:

Jonn Lilyea of This Ain’t Hell requested the military records of “General Baxter” through a Freedom of Information Act request to the National Personnel Records Center who confirmed that Baxter had been discharged as a PFC. The Baltimore office of the FBI declined to investigate, despite a picture of him wearing a Combat Infantryman’s Badge and a Silver Star (among other unearned awards).

http://burnpit.legion.org/2009/09/why-won%E2%80%99t-the-us-attorney-for-co-prosecute-stolen-valor-act-cases/

And so it goes with these clowns...:(

Richard's $.02 :munchin

ZonieDiver
09-25-2009, 10:48
I don't know who is worse - the POS's who perpetrate these frauds, the morons who accept them blindly for political reasons, or the clowns who refuse to prosecute.

greenberetTFS
09-25-2009, 11:14
Every time I read this $hit I'm completely amazed as to why some of these guys in the law enforcement branch refuse to support the Stolen Valor Act.......:rolleyes: We never get a reasonable answer,even when they are caught in a picture wearing medals they haven't earned and BS stories on how they won them.....:eek: Why even have the Act if no one wants to use it!!! :confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

The Reaper
09-25-2009, 11:59
Every time I read this $hit I'm completely amazed as to why some of these guys in the law enforcement branch refuse to support the Stolen Valor Act.......:rolleyes: We never get a reasonable answer,even when they are caught in a picture wearing medals they haven't earned and BS stories on how they won them.....:eek: Why even have the Act if no one wants to use it!!! :confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

Because they do not see it as a serious crime worth prosecuting.

I think that most of them are not military, never were, and do not see the big deal with making false military service claims.

I think that they see it as about as worthwhile as prosecuting people tearing off mattress tags or jaywalking.

It would appear that the Federal Attorneys have considerable lattitude in what crimes to indict and prosecute.

Kind of like Black Panthers intimidating voters at polling places.

TR

Hatchetforce
09-29-2009, 13:08
As a general rule - and I know from experience since it cost me years of my life - they ask themselves a simple question before proceeding.

"Does this action enhance my career?"

wet dog
09-29-2009, 13:21
As a general rule - and I know from experience since it cost me years of my life - they ask themselves a simple question before proceeding.

Do you beleive that Bill Clinton actually went to North Korea to 'negociate' on behalf of the two jounalists? Or do you think the deal was done before he got on the plane. They do nothing unless it advances their positions.

Hatchetforce
09-29-2009, 13:46
Do you beleive that Bill Clinton actually went to North Korea to 'negociate' on behalf of the two jounalists? Or do you think the deal was done before he got on the plane. They do nothing unless it advances their positions.

My point exactly. They look at it and ask how it assists their personal goals and then they ask will it hurt those goals if it goes wrong.

wet dog
09-29-2009, 14:01
1SG Bachelor, Co A, 1st SWTG

"Don't vegetate or vasulate, take action".

or maybe it was 1SG Horn.

kgoerz
09-29-2009, 15:05

That statement is even more true in the LEO Field. If it's not going to advance your career, Agenda or get you an award. Then just let the criminals go. I am living the above statement right now. Two more weeks and my attempt at a second career as an LEO will all seem like a bad dream. Time to go work with Soldiers again.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20090911/cm_uc_crmmax/op_1911269