PDA

View Full Version : Values of an SF soldier

guardwarrior
12-01-2008, 10:36
N/A

Richard
12-01-2008, 11:51
Go to the Base Camp and review this thread...The Teammate...and a few others for your already answered questions.

And then learn to use the search functions prior to posting something that has a very high probability of having been discussed previously in a forum such as this one. ;)

Now good luck, Grasshopper.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Dozer523
12-01-2008, 14:01
Im XXXXXX and currently in training for tryouts in march for A Co 20th. Im wanting to know what you quiet professionals think makes an SF soldier; the values and morals that should be instilled in oneself.
What is a "XxXxXxXx"?
"I'm wanting to know. . ." is how my 'terp started most of his questions, Taha? Is that you?
Im isn't a word, I'm is.
"Quiet Professionals is a name and should be capitalized (And typed from a kneeling position, if possible.); 'Soldier' looks good capitalized, too. Same goes for 'March'.
As for the rest of the question, would you like that in 25 words or less?:rolleyes:
Those "values and morals" ought to be there by now, but maybe you can order a box on-line (free shipping)
Never mind . . . Do what Richard says.

The Reaper
12-01-2008, 14:03
Hey, that is a highly motivated college student you are talking to there Dozer, tread lightly.

Probably an English major.

I'd say attention to detail, situational awareness, and self-motivation would be pretty important. :munchin

TR

Dozer523
12-01-2008, 14:08
Hey, that is a highly motivated college student you are talking to there Dozer, tread lightly.

Probably an English major.

I'd say attention to detail, situational awareness, and self-motivation would be pretty important. :munchin

TR

Backing toward the door, Sir! (As usual.)
And you defined QP in 13 words.

Peregrino
12-01-2008, 14:26
Backing toward the door, Sir! (As usual.)
And you defined QP in 13 words.

They usually recommend "waiting for the bang" if you intend to follow your grenade through the door ! :p I was going to give TR a shorter word count (extra brevity points); technically hyphenated counts as one word. :D

Team Sergeant
12-01-2008, 15:19
They usually recommend "waiting for the bang" if you intend to follow your grenade through the door ! :p I was going to give TR a shorter word count (extra brevity points); technically hyphenated counts as one word. :D

What was that 84-85,86 maybe when 7th Gp was instructing some chaps from SOTB and they did just that....they didn't wait for the bang, you only do that once. :rolleyes:

guardwarrior
12-01-2008, 16:25
N/A

The Reaper
12-01-2008, 16:37
no offense dozer i wanted all your personal opinions not what one person wrote and as for typing or capitals it can be read either way. I've done all my research but there are questions to be answered by someone who is where im wanting to go. No need for knit picking at my typing.

GW:

Let me be blunt.

For a college student who aspires to be SF, your spelling and grammar skills are atrocious.

This is not grammar.com, but it hurts my head to read your posts, and you are coming across as much younger and less educated than you claim to be.

First impressions are lasting ones, and if that is the way you communicate with others in writing, I would seriously question your basic skills and education. You might look at what attributes I mentioned in my post above. This sort of laziness gets people non-selected, or in the worst case, killed.

This isn't myspace, facebook, a text message, or military.com. If you expect others to take time to reply to your personal reqests for assistance, you should be willing to take the time to use a spell-checker or a dictionary.

Best of luck.

TR

guardwarrior
12-01-2008, 16:48
N/A

Richard
12-01-2008, 17:11
No offense dozer I wanted all your personal opinions not what one person wrote, and as for typing or capitols they can be read either way. I've done all my research, but there are questions to be answered by someone who is where im wanting to go. No need for knit picking at my typing.

Or punctuation, grammar, and spelling. ;)

No offense, Dozer. I wanted all your personal opinions, not what one person wrote, and as for typing or capitols, they can be read either way. I've done all my research, but there are questions to be answered by someone who is where I'm wanting to go. No need for nit picking at my typing.

My advice is that you carefully reread the advice you've been given and heed TR's remarks because, whether you believe it or not, you are judged by how you present yourself and sound (verbally or in writing).

Richard's $.02 :munchin

guardwarrior
12-01-2008, 17:20
N/A

Blitzzz (RIP)
12-01-2008, 17:38
Slow down read and think. You said you were "high speed", but I fear not low drag. Blitz

guardwarrior
12-01-2008, 17:44
N/A

Dozer523
12-01-2008, 17:57
If you think this young man's typing, punctuation and conventions are interesting in a public forum, you should see it in a Private Message. "Interesting" word choices too! And since I'm a teacher, I'll remind the college freshman he ought to consider his audience before typing anything.

guardwarrior
12-01-2008, 18:05
N/A

Pete
12-01-2008, 18:14
....... Remember, you were all in the same spot I am in.........

No, we were not. Most of us QPs around here just did it. We did not have the books, the internet or this site. We signed up went through whatever training that was required at the time and came out the other end as SF - then the learning started.

Search and read. You might even find a necro-post of interest to you.

Pete

SF_BHT
12-01-2008, 20:10
I apologize for my typing. As for asking questions I will do my own research, and find what I can. Remember, you were in the same spot I am in. My poor typing has been noticed, and will not happen again. Thanks for pointing out my flaws that I need to work on.

GW

Please slow down and stop posting and read and absorb the knowledge here on this board.

So far you did not Post your 1st post as directed in the e-mail you received when you joined. Then you started posting with the English skills of a Middle school student. You will serve your self better by reading, searching and Reading more.

Do your self a favor and start reading more than posting.

You have disregarded the intro e-mail advice and I am sure you have not read all of the stickies have you.

Regards SF_BHT

PS: You do not need to reply just read for a while.

Dozer523
12-01-2008, 20:18
They usually recommend "waiting for the bang" if you intend to follow your grenade through the door! :p . . .
I thought the poster was DOA! He started at 11:36 and I didn't see it until 15:01. You guys must be really, really busy today. :D

Peregrino
12-01-2008, 21:03
I thought the poster was DOA! He started at 11:36 and I didn't see it until 15:01. You guys must be really, really busy today. :D

Monday in the office. :rolleyes: As for our poster child, he appears to be a VW. Indications are he completely missed the teaching points (and probably took them as personal attacks) so maybe it's a good thing. Everything that was pointed out to him has been forum policy since PS.com started (and a fact of life in every SF job I've ever held). There are innumerable posts explaining the principles and the whys behind them. We don't ask anything more of those who want to join us than we demand of ourselves - that's life on a Team.

For all the "aspirants" reading this ---------- "Stickies & Search". They'll save a lot of grief; both here and in real life.

Pete
12-01-2008, 21:09
Well, at least he found the Sticky: Tips for the SF Student.

Shazaam

guardwarrior
12-01-2008, 21:41
Yes, I found the threads I did not take them as personal attacks. You have helped me. I erased what I wrote, for I did not search the thread thoroughly enough, and did not want my ignorance shown on here. From now on I am reading,and searching more than I post. Your corrective critism has helped.

SF_BHT
12-01-2008, 21:59
Yes, I found the threads I did not take them as personal attacks. You have helped me. I erased what I wrote, for I did not search the thread thoroughly enough, and did not want my ignorance shown on here. From now on I am reading,and searching more than I post. Your corrective critism has helped.

Young Man

1st Follow Directions that QP's give you here.
2nd Quit trying to go back and erase your posts that you think make you look stupid or Ignorant. Peoples comments with quotes have all the post you erased.
3rd Nothing personal just constructive observations.
4th STOP POSTING AND READ, READ, READ.

Do your self a favor and follow these simple things and you will be OK until you step on it again. When in doubt read the 4th item above and follow Item 1 at all times.

We are here to help those that deserve our time but we only ask for a little professional courtesy and follow our simple instructions.

Back to Item 4 young man.

NousDefionsDoc
12-01-2008, 22:02
No, we were not. Most of us QPs around here just did it. We did not have the books, the internet or this site. We signed up went through whatever training that was required at the time and came out the other end as SF - then the learning started.

Search and read. You might even find a necro-post of interest to you.

Pete

Wait! There were books? DAMN!

longrange1947
12-01-2008, 22:10
NDD - Dam, I didn't see them in 67. They just brought me in and watched. When I screwed up, they let me know in the normal, kindly manner, known to be the hallmark of a Camp MacKall session. :D