PDA

View Full Version : Bragg BAH

Bobcat
10-26-2007, 23:07
I just graduated from the Q-Course a couple of weeks ago and am assigned to 7th Group. I took PTDY starting mid-October and checked in with housing that day. The lady at housing did not really seem to know what was going on and though she assured me (after looking it up and sort of waffling for a couple minutes) that I would be receiving BAH, I want to be positive before signing anything. I have searched the forums and asked around but I am hoping somebody here can give a definitive answer to my questions.

1) I am a single E-5 with no dependents. Am I authorized to sign a lease for off-post housing in the Fayetteville area now that I am going to 7th Group?

2) Once I check in with finance during inprocessing to Group, will they backpay me BAH to the date that I started PTDY (the same day I checked in with housing?)

Thank you all very much for your time and assistance.

Eagle5US
10-26-2007, 23:20
Contact your CSM to make certain will be authorized to live off post as a single E-5.

Finance will not backdate your BAH to a time before your sign-in date (at least I have never heard of that happening), but check with finance to confirm that.

Eagle

Bobcat
10-27-2007, 08:40
Eagle5US

thank you very much for your response. I will heed your advice.