Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 7th Special Forces Group

Old 10-26-2007, 22:07   #1
Bobcat
Quiet Professional

Bragg BAH

I just graduated from the Q-Course a couple of weeks ago and am assigned to 7th Group. I took PTDY starting mid-October and checked in with housing that day. The lady at housing did not really seem to know what was going on and though she assured me (after looking it up and sort of waffling for a couple minutes) that I would be receiving BAH, I want to be positive before signing anything. I have searched the forums and asked around but I am hoping somebody here can give a definitive answer to my questions.

1) I am a single E-5 with no dependents. Am I authorized to sign a lease for off-post housing in the Fayetteville area now that I am going to 7th Group?

2) Once I check in with finance during inprocessing to Group, will they backpay me BAH to the date that I started PTDY (the same day I checked in with housing?)

Thank you all very much for your time and assistance.
Old 10-26-2007, 22:20   #2
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Contact your CSM to make certain will be authorized to live off post as a single E-5.

Finance will not backdate your BAH to a time before your sign-in date (at least I have never heard of that happening), but check with finance to confirm that.

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04

Last edited by Eagle5US; 10-26-2007 at 22:23.
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:40   #3
Bobcat
Quiet Professional

Eagle5US

thank you very much for your response. I will heed your advice.