PDA

View Full Version : ODA or what?????

subfighter77
01-12-2007, 02:26
I have a lot of peers who claim to have "friends" in SF. They say that their buddies in SF don't like it. They don't like it because they are not on an ODA team. That is what they say anyway.

I am going to SFAS next month. I realize thinking so far in the future may be putting the cart before the horse, I just want to find out what is really going on. So my question is: If you are not on an ODA team what the hell are you doing? How long does it take to get onto an ODA team if you are not chewed the hell up?

I have asked my buddy who has been there and done that and he loves it and tells me get your ass to selection NOW!!! I would go to selection anyway for the challenge and the reward if I pass the Q. SF has to be better than the regular Army. Intelligent people who want to be there and believe in what they are doing....yeah much better!!!!!

Thanks

Basenshukai
01-12-2007, 04:51
SF is a big place. I don't have the time to explain it all to you here. If you want "in", stop listening to detractors and continue training.

The Reaper
01-12-2007, 06:11
Odds are better than even that you will not make it through SFAS or the SFQC, so I would not worry too much about what 18s who are not on ODAs do.

Kind of like pondering how you will spend your lottery money before you win it.

TR

Snaquebite
01-12-2007, 07:37
Why are you listening to third party hearsay when you say you have a (BTDT) buddy telling you something different...? I won't go into details either but it takes a lot of chefs of all kinds and levels to run a large 5 star restaurant.

NousDefionsDoc
01-12-2007, 07:44
As an enlisted man, you will serve at the pleasure of the Sergeant Major.

But then again, what The Reaper said.

subfighter77
01-12-2007, 12:49
It is just a question I had. Don't mean to clog up your website. Just wanted to be able to tell the naysayers I know better. I still want to know but I will have to get the answers the HARD way. Thanks.

Hopefully, I will find out.

Pete
01-12-2007, 14:00
I think not.

I think on this one you will have to go with what people tell you because you will never find out for yourself.

When new people report into the Company their first impression on the SGM will lead to one of four possible outcomes.

Pete

Gave people the good or bad news a few times in my life.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
01-12-2007, 15:06
As an enlisted man, you will serve at the pleasure of the Sergeant Major.

Ahhhh, the alpha and omega of a SF soldier's existence:D

Peregrino
01-12-2007, 19:48
subfighter77 - If you make it you will go where you're told and do what you're told and be thankful for the opportunity to serve with some of the finest people on the planet. If you can't accept that then look for another career path. My first "interview" with a CO SGM 28 years ago is still fresh in my mind. SGM Earl Bleacher left a permanent impression despite the fact that I was so green I didn't have a clue who I was talking to (more like - who was talking to me). And no - I didn't get to do what I wanted. I did what the SGM/Company needed. And even though I didn't like it, I survived and I'm probably a better man for the experience. FWIW - Peregrino

NousDefionsDoc
01-12-2007, 20:09
SGM Earl Bleacher left a permanent impression
Forehead or ass?:)