PDA

View Full Version : Superdome

BMT (RIP)
09-26-2006, 15:05
Ok where did the $183mil come from to repair the Superdome???

:munchin

BMT

Sdiver
09-26-2006, 15:22
Ok where did the $183mil come from to repair the Superdome???

:munchin

BMT

Here ya go....

http://www.americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=6192

In short...you and me...and RL...and TS...and TR....and Gypsy....and Bill Hersey....and ect.....

Goggles Pizano
09-26-2006, 15:44
Interesting, but not a surprise. While I did not watch the pregame hype, and subsequent Aints win, I did see a few clips and quotes of the city still largely damaged and unlivable. So was our money well spent if the city is now razed and rebuilt to house upscale residents who enjoy quiet tree lined neighborhoods crime free, or are we just waiting for the taxpayers to build another Hooverville that Nagin can complain about in the next hurricane? I could care less actually, however there is a huge civic opportunity here for New Orleans to transform from the "Chocolate city" shanty town Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco exploited into a vibrant city with new everything (sewer systems, homes, levees etc) open to both tourists and retirees, et al. It's a shame to say it but I see N.O. going to the dogs-again. Helluva wasted opportunity.

MtnGoat
09-27-2006, 15:04
??? :eek: ??? :confused: ???

First time for the Dome to sell out of its season ticket, that strikes me funny? Now, who bought them? The City or the people?

SF18C
09-27-2006, 19:05
Well I thought FEMA wasn't doing anything to help those in N.O. or at least that is what I have seen in the news!

And instead of Taxpayers Field how about they name the dome Uncle Sam's Stadium or the Brownie Building? I am sure we will see a fair share of Super Bowls host there in the next couple of years as well.

Edited to add one more thought...As I watched the game I knew the Falcons could not win. I am still trying to figure out if they threw the game or if the NFL set it up that way. Take a look at the Falcons stats in the two previous games and then look at this one, plus the ref's threw lots of flags! It was almost like watching a WWF wrestling match! I know the Saints are 3-0 but as soon as they play a good team on the road I think their good fortune will be over.

jasonglh
09-27-2006, 23:15
??? :eek: ??? :confused: ???

First time for the Dome to sell out of its season ticket, that strikes me funny? Now how bought them? The City or the people?

Wow how much did they put on those FEMA debit cards?