PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2006-07

Roguish Lawyer
09-25-2006, 12:07
Opening night is approaching. If you've got a favorite team, stand up and be counted.

I root for the LA Kings. :(

x SF med
09-25-2006, 13:16
Grew up in NY, but have always been partial to the Redwings - as far back as the old 8 team NHL.

I watched the Stars while living in TX, because I could actually get to the games.

Goggles Pizano
09-25-2006, 18:07
Live and die (usually in the first round) with the Orange and Black. :lifter

Sdiver
09-25-2006, 18:45
Grew up in NY, but have always been partial to the Redwings - as far back as the old 8 team NHL.

I watched the Stars while living in TX, because I could actually get to the games.

Now, I REALLY DON'T like you. :rolleyes: :D

One team and ONE team only....

R.L. ....same bets as last year?

Gypsy
09-25-2006, 19:44
Oh what the hell...go Blackhawks. :rolleyes: :D

Sdiver
09-25-2006, 19:56
Oh what the hell...go Blackhawks. :rolleyes: :D

Go Where ???:munchin

Chris
09-25-2006, 20:16
GO LEAFS!!! :lifter

Gypsy
09-25-2006, 21:06
Go Where ???:munchin

Colorado? :p

dfirsty
09-25-2006, 21:46
I'm with Sdiver.... Go Avalanche! I also think the Coyotes will look a lot better this year now that they got Roenick out of CA and back where he belongs!:munchin

MtnGoat
09-25-2006, 21:49
GO Avalanche!!!!!!!!!

Sdiver
09-25-2006, 21:51
Colorado? :p

Sure....we could always use another minor league team out here, for the AVS to beat up on. :lifter

Gypsy
09-25-2006, 21:57
Sure....we could always use another minor league team out here, for the AVS to beat up on. :lifter

:( :boohoo

Nice LOL.

x SF med
09-26-2006, 07:09
Now, I REALLY DON'T like you. :rolleyes: :D

One team and ONE team only....

Damn, bro, that was just cold ... it's only hockey - you might have dented that last feeling I have left, ah, nope - that dent happened while sailing, sorry.

Sdiver
09-26-2006, 08:24
Damn, bro, that was just cold ... it's only hockey ....

Only Hockey...ONLY HOCKEY...ONLY HOCKEY !!!!!!:confused:

Partner.....to some, hockey is a religion....that's like coming on this board and saying the movie The Green Berets, was only another John Wayne flick. :eek:

Case in point.....

.....as far back as the old 8 team NHL.

In the NHL, it was known as the Original 6, before the expansion of 1968.

Those teams consisted of:
Toronto Maple Leafs
Montreal Canadians
Boston Bruins
New York Rangers
Chicago Black Hawks
Detoilet Red Wings

For true fans of hockey, you could tell me the 1st AMERICAN (U.S.A.) team to win Lord Stanley's cup.....hint: This is looooong before the formation of the NHL.

:munchin

x SF med
09-26-2006, 09:06
Only Hockey...ONLY HOCKEY...ONLY HOCKEY !!!!!!:confused:

Partner.....to some, hockey is a religion....that's like coming on this board and saying the movie The Green Berets, was only another John Wayne flick. :eek:

Case in point.....

In the NHL, it was known as the Original 6, before the expansion of 1968.

Those teams consisted of:
Toronto Maple Leafs
Montreal Canadians
Boston Bruins
New York Rangers
Chicago Black Hawks
Detoilet Red Wings

For true fans of hockey, you could tell me the 1st AMERICAN (U.S.A.) team to win Lord Stanley's cup.....hint: This is looooong before the formation of the NHL.

Bro, Prozac is in order here - especially after the Green Berets comment, even as a joke. Love hockey, but it's not a religion for me - since I'm not skating anymore and being a spectator is not as satisfying as playing, I follow it, but am not consumed by it. Accept us non-rabid types, and you'll feel better.:D

The Reaper
09-26-2006, 09:54
'Canes again for the repeat.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
09-26-2006, 09:54

Boy, you're really a glutton for punishment.

OK, we're on for all of the games. Loser uses avatar of winner's choice (must be team logo or something similar that is "off-the-shelf," not created by or for the winner) for one week.

Sdiver
09-26-2006, 10:04
Boy, you're really a glutton for punishment.

I'm funny that way. :lifter

OK, we're on for all of the games. Loser uses avatar of winner's choice (must be team logo or something similar that is "off-the-shelf," not created by or for the winner) for one week.

I've still got the one I wanted you to use last year in my hard drive. But Alas and Alack, L.A. swept the AVS every game during the regular season, last year. :(

VENGANCE WILL BE OURS, THIS YEAR !!!!! (I Hope)

edit : Schedule

Oct. 23
Nov. 7
Dec. 9
Feb 24

Roycroft201
09-26-2006, 14:09
The Sabres have returned to their original colors of blue and gold, with a new logo. (Some think the new buffalo logo on the jersey resembles a slug !:p )

Go Sabres !

Goggles Pizano
09-26-2006, 15:47
The Sabres have returned to their original colors of blue and gold, with a new logo. (Some think the new buffalo logo on the jersey resembles a slug !:p )

Go Sabres !

Speaking of revenge....:D

Sdiver
10-04-2006, 15:26
Tonight's the night Gentlemen (and Ladies)....

GAME ON !!!!!

Berry Mullethead, is stating the The Ducks, will be hoisting Lord Stanley's hardware next June.....

The DUCKS !!!!:eek: :confused: The guy's nvts...

Roycroft201
10-04-2006, 16:11
'Canes again for the repeat.

TR

Sabres opener on the road at RBC Center against the 'Canes, 7 PM

Go Sabres ! (regardless of what people are saying about that new logo ! :rolleyes: )

Roguish Lawyer
10-04-2006, 17:37
I hate to say it, but the Ducks are for real. Melrose isn't the only one picking them -- it's practically a consensus.

And the Avs will suck! :D

Sdiver
10-04-2006, 18:05
I hate to say it, but the Ducks are for real. Melrose isn't the only one picking them -- it's practically a consensus.

Yeah I know....it's scary. :eek:

And the Avs will suck! :D

Yeah....well the Kings are going to Blow !!!:lifter :D

Roguish Lawyer
10-04-2006, 19:02
the Kings are going to Blow !!!

You are correct, but at least we have a core of young players and prospects who likely will make us contend within three years.

The Avs have no such core and will need to rebuild from scratch. This actually bums me out a little, as I am a big fan of Ian Laperriere and will not enjoy watching him suffer.

Sdiver
10-04-2006, 19:24
You are correct, but at least we have a core of young players and prospects who likely will make us contend within three years.

...and seeing that you got that turncoat, Blake back, you've got a great teacher for your D-men.

The Avs have no such core and will need to rebuild from scratch. This actually bums me out a little, as I am a big fan of Ian Laperriere and will not enjoy watching him suffer.

I don't know, you might be surprised. Sure the only "star" player we've got is Sakic, and he's only got 1 maybe 2 years left in him, but we ended up going 5 and 1 in preseason.

We've got our goalie situation settled down. The speed, somthing that Colorado is know for, is still there. 3 of the 5 preseason wins came on winning the shoot outs, something that we struggled with BIG time last year.

Could be an interesting season.

Roguish Lawyer
10-04-2006, 19:44
the only "star" player we've got is Sakic

Also Hejduk and Theodore.

Sdiver
10-04-2006, 20:01
Also Hejduk and Theodore.

True, but let's hope Hejduk can stay healthy this year to really be a "Star" player.

Roguish Lawyer
10-08-2006, 19:09
The Kings are looking much better than I thought they would, although it is a long season . . .

Keep an eye out for Anze Kopitar. 19-year old kid with 5 points in the first two games. 6'4", 220 lbs and very skilled.

Sdiver
10-23-2006, 15:58
I'm funny that way. :lifter

VENGANCE WILL BE OURS, THIS YEAR !!!!! (I Hope)

Oct. 23

1st game counselor.

Roguish Lawyer
10-23-2006, 16:19
1st game counselor.

Good luck.

Sdiver
10-23-2006, 17:16
Good luck.

Thanks.

After the spanking we got Sat night against Montreal....we're gonna need it. :eek: :rolleyes: :boohoo

Roguish Lawyer
10-23-2006, 19:36
Ugh. Third period has not started, but you might as well post my new avatar now. :(

Sdiver
10-23-2006, 19:42
I didn't want to say anything....but....I'll wait till after the game.

Stranger things have been known to happen with the AVS. :eek: :rolleyes:

Roguish Lawyer
10-23-2006, 20:14
I didn't want to say anything....but....I'll wait till after the game.

Stranger things have been known to happen with the AVS. :eek: :rolleyes:

When Hejduk scores a goal with his face, you know it's not our day!

Sdiver
10-23-2006, 20:22
When Hejduk scores a goal with his face, you know it's not our day!

LMMFAO !!!!

Okay....I think it's safe.

Here ya go R.L., choose your new avatar. :D

Roguish Lawyer
10-23-2006, 20:31
OK, you picked the worst of the ones I gave you, so . . . my week starts now.

Roguish Lawyer
10-23-2006, 20:32
My computer at work was swapped out and I lost all of my photos. Now I have to try to find my old avatar . . . :(

Sdiver
10-23-2006, 20:36
OK, you picked the worst of the ones I gave you, so . . . my week starts now.

WOW !!!!

I'm impressed. That's the one I was going to "suggest" to you. :D

Sdiver
10-23-2006, 20:37
My computer at work was swapped out and I lost all of my photos. Now I have to try to find my old avatar . . . :(

So you mean you could have your "current" avatar longer than a week.

Cooooool. :lifter

Manstein
10-26-2006, 17:36
Pittsburgh Penguin fan here...

Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are a reincarnation of the Mario-Jagr days of old.

Right now we are in first place in a crappy division, but it has been a while since we've been at the top.

I am hoping for a return to the 91-92 glory years! :munchin

Roguish Lawyer
10-31-2006, 11:06
OK, the week is over and I just changed my avatar.

Went to the Kings game last night for my birthday. Spent two periods in the owners' suite -- that was fun. And we kicked the Rangers around, which is always nice.

Penguins up next . . .

Roguish Lawyer
11-06-2006, 17:43
Next game is tomorrow, sdiver . . .

Sdiver
11-06-2006, 18:27
Next game is tomorrow, sdiver . . .

Just as I was getting used to your Shark avatar too. :munchin :D

Sdiver
11-07-2006, 23:16
Alright R.L. ..... hit me with what you got. :rolleyes:

Roguish Lawyer
11-07-2006, 23:27
Alright R.L. ..... hit me with what you got. :rolleyes:

LOL, you may choose from the following:

Sdiver
11-07-2006, 23:45
Alright....seeing that I went with that top one ALL last year, I'm gonna go with that "other" one.

My week starts ....... now..... 2050 MST

Roguish Lawyer
11-07-2006, 23:46
Alright....seeing that I went with that top one ALL last year, I'm gonna go with that "other" one.

My week starts ....... now..... 2050 MST

You enjoy that, buddy!

Sdiver
11-07-2006, 23:48
LOL

So now I go into seclusion for a week and NOT post. :boohoo

Roguish Lawyer
11-15-2006, 13:20
Our next game, tomorrow night, is against the

Philadelphia Flyers

cj13
11-15-2006, 13:40

Wings all the way.

I can save you guys the grief, this is how this year's story ends.

Roguish Lawyer
11-16-2006, 15:38
Our next game, tomorrow night, is against the

Philadelphia Flyers

I'll bet a steak at Pat's that the Kings beat the Flyers tonight. Any takers may accept the challenge by so posting prior to the start of the game. :munchin

Sdiver
11-17-2006, 03:50
Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhh !!!!!!

You knew I was at work and no where near a computer.

I'd have taken your bet.

I'll bet a steak at Pat's that the Kings beat the Flyers tonight. Any takers may accept the challenge by so posting prior to the start of the game. :munchin

Los Angeles (6-11-4) blew a two goal lead in the third period as the visiting Philadelphia Flyers (5-12-2) stunned the Kings 4-3. Geoff Sanderson gave the Flyers the lead late in the first period but Alexander Frolov tied it up early in the second. Frolov went on to score the King’s third goal in the final period but Simon Gagne and R.J. Umberger scored at 13:13 and 13:53 in the third to tie the score. Umberger went on to score the game winner less than three minutes later for the Flyers.

Roguish Lawyer
11-17-2006, 09:42
and I thought Philly fans supported their teams . . . LOL

I was at the game. It was brutal.

Goggles Pizano
12-02-2006, 12:15
and I thought Philly fans supported their teams . . . LOL

I was at the game. It was brutal.

RL you KNOW us better than that! I was out of town and unable to link up or I would have taken that bet! Can't believe they scored both goals so quickly though. :D

Roguish Lawyer
12-02-2006, 19:42
RL you KNOW us better than that! I was out of town and unable to link up or I would have taken that bet! Can't believe they scored both goals so quickly though. :D

True -- I met my cousins at Chickie and Pete's a few weeks ago and the place was full of Flyers fans getting ready for the game. I would have gone to the game, but had to get back to my Dad who was in the hospital.

Roguish Lawyer
12-10-2006, 11:59
Schedule

Oct. 23
Nov. 7
Dec. 9
Feb 24

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=187930&hubname=nhl

Conroy completes Kings' comeback vs. Avs

Associated Press

12/10/2006 3:32:11 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Craig Conroy thought about redemption while skating to the bench after his penalty led to the tiebreaking goal.

His go-ahead goal did just fine for the Los Angeles Kings.

Conroy scored with 6:12 remaining and Michael Cammalleri added two goals, leading the Kings to a come-from-behind 5-4 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.

"You want an opportunity to get that one back," Conroy said. "It was a holding call where I had two hands on my stick. I don't know how I could hold a guy with both hands on my stick, so it was frustrating. I'm was just sitting in the penalty box, praying that we could kill the penalty - but they scored with 12 seconds left on it.

Conroy poked a rebound past Jose Theodore from the edge of the crease, capping a gut-check victory. They outshot Colorado 38-30 after recording a season-low 21 shots in Thursday's 4-1 loss against Nashville - which was followed by a players-only meeting.

"The Anaheim game was maybe our best win, but this might have been the grittiest one," Conroy said. "Hopefully, all those meetings we have are sinking in.

"This was a huge win for us."

Los Angeles rallied twice from one-goal deficits after defenceman John-Michael Liles' goal put Colorado ahead 3-2. Cammalleri got his 12th of the season during a power play.

Pierre Turgeon regained the lead for the Avalanche with a long wrist shot after a turnover by Kings captain Mattias Norstrom, but Scott Thornton tied it 4-4 with 9:38 left.

"It was our commitment to sticking with what's going to work for us," Cammalleri said. "We've got to realize what it is that makes us successful - and that's working hard, supporting each other and making good strong plays. We were able to do that tonight, regardless of the score."

Tom Kostopoulos also scored for Los Angeles and Derek Armstrong had two assists for the Kings, who were 0-13 when trailing after two periods.

Colorado captain Joe Sakic scored a power-play goal and set up another goal with the man advantage by Liles - the one that followed Conroy's penalty. Antti Laaksonen also scored for the Avalanche.

Turgeon played in his second game after missing the first 27 following off-season shoulder surgery. His 512 career goal tied Gilbert Perreault for 30th on the NHL list.

Liles left the game temporarily at 13:30 of the second period after Brian Willsie's wrist shot hit him in the face. Just 34 seconds later, the Kings tied it 2-2 on a wrist shot by Cammalleri.

"We didn't play 60 minutes like we wanted to," Avalanche centre Ian Laperriere said. "You can't go on the road and just expect to win, even if you've got a 2-0 lead. We had a good start, but then we kind of shut it down and they took it to us in the second and the third periods."

But Liles returned and gave the Avalanche a 3-2 lead with a one-timer from the slot that beat Dan Cloutier through a screen. The power-play goal was the seventh by Colorado in three games with the Kings this season.

Laaksonen opened the scoring 3:25 in with a short wrist shot for his second goal of the season. The Avalanche, who scored three power-play goals against the Kings in a 6-1 victory on Oct. 23, made it 2-0 about 3½ minutes later on Sakic's goal during a scramble. The Avalanche were 1-for-15 with the man advantage the previous three games.

Kostopoulos got the Kings on the board at 4:27 of the second with his fourth goal and first since Nov. 1.

Sean Avery and Colorado forward Ian Laperriere, teammates for parts of two seasons in Los Angeles, got into a fight at 9:52 of the first period. Avery got an automatic game misconduct for not having his jersey securely fastened to his pants.

Notes: Kings coach Marc Crawford guided the Avalanche to a Stanley Cup title in 1996. Sakic is the only player left with the team. . Colorado D Karlis Skrastins played in his 500th NHL regular-season game, including 462 straight - the second-longest streak by a defenceman in NHL history. . Sakic's 1,520 career points are the most among active players, and the fifth-highest total in history by a player with one team.

Roguish Lawyer
12-10-2006, 12:00
Let me know if you want to quit, sdiver . . . :D

Sdiver
12-10-2006, 13:17
Let me know if you want to quit, sdiver . . . :D

:mad: :mad:

Pffffftttttttttttt

I'll let the POTUS speak for me, on your statement of, "wanting to quit". :rolleyes:

Sdiver
12-19-2006, 13:29
Well that was one loooooong week.

It was like a rash I couldn't scratch or put lotion on.

One more game, R.L., then we see you in the playoffs. :D

Sdiver
02-24-2007, 11:35
**AHEM**....R.L.

GAME ON !!!!! :D

Roguish Lawyer
02-25-2007, 00:31
Assume the position. Pick any Kings avatar you want.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gamelog/?id=8066

Roguish Lawyer
02-25-2007, 00:32
BTW, we went to the game. It was AWESOME! Also got to say hi to Lappy at the morning skate this am.

Goggles Pizano
02-25-2007, 09:46

Sdiver what have you learned? :p

The Reaper
02-25-2007, 10:17

It would appear to be very little, given the number of times he has had Kings avatars versus RL having to using the Avs for his.:D

TR

Sdiver
02-25-2007, 13:09

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*#$% *&^%@#** %$#*&%!*< #%*$!*+%$#*&^

Sdiver
02-25-2007, 13:15

It would appear to be very little, given the number of times he has had Kings avatars versus RL having to using the Avs for his.

TR

What I learned ????

That it's okay to have some team's avatar up for one week, knowing that they are in LAST place in the Western Division, where as MY team still has a chance of making it to the playoffs....AGAIN, (albeit a slight chance ;)), but still a chance non-the-less, to make ANOTHER run at hoisting Lord Stanley's hardware, for ANOTHER time, whereas that OTHER team has done it.....ohhhhh....let me see....how many times have they done it????......

oh yeah.......

ZERO

I can live with that. :D

Roycroft201
02-25-2007, 14:49
I think there are some serious problems in the League.

Have you seen the hit that Chris Drury of the Sabres took to the head on Thursday during the game with Ottawa ? He was knocked out when his helmet came off and his head hit the ice.

When the Sabres took the ice, as soon as the puck was dropped a brawl started between the forwards of both teams, and eventually included even the goalies.

But who was fined ? Lindy Ruff ! $10K. Ottawa gets nothing ?!?!?

Where were the refs? I do not buy it that it was a legal shot to the head.

:mad:

Edited to add: Sorry about your avatar, SDiver. :(