PDA

View Full Version : Help with notebook partitions???

Eagle5US
03-30-2004, 20:59
OK computer hooahs...my most awsome bride bought me the latest and greatest Sony VAIO...3+ GHZ, dvd writer, watch and record cable tv the whole shabang...
PROBLEM: has an 80 GB hard drive...partitioned into 15 mb for programs and operating system, and the rest for audio / video.
Thing is, my 15 GB is full and the rest is virtually empty save for about 3 GB of music and 5 of video
I just bought Microsoft Office 2003 and Adobe Photoshop CS and can't install the silly things. Same with some games I purchased.
Tried installing them under other than "C drive programs"...(Partition "D") and nothing will run.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Eagle

Kyobanim
03-31-2004, 04:54
2 Options:

Preserve the data option - there's an application called partitian magic that will allow expand your partitian without loosing data. Most of the time. I might have that at work where I keep all my 'demo' software. I'll check if you like.

Option 2 - Blow the whole thing away and do it right, 1 partitian, reload everything.

Sony has weird ideas about how people should use their equipment, never could figure out why they did it that way.

DunbarFC
04-07-2004, 08:50
Partition Magic should do the trick for you

Nice of them to decide how you'll use your PC

If you need more help give a shout

brownapple
04-07-2004, 09:07
You got the notebook with you? I can do it when you are here in a couple of days. Takes not much time at all.

Eagle5US
04-07-2004, 09:23
Gackman from SOCNET shot me Partition Magic and yep I have my notebook with me GH...
"I be looken forward to bean learnt on dis hare thang"
:D

Eagle