Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 09-08-2006, 11:31   #1
TAN2GREEN
Quiet Professional

Promotion for Active duty soldiers

Gentlemen,
I am a inquiring about promotions during the Q course. Is it possible to attend a board and get promoted during the course? My unit said I could not attend the E-6 board due to the fact that I have not been to PLDC yet? I also read in the forums on Professional soldiers you can attend the board with out PLDC or BNCOC if you are scheduled to attend SFQC with in a year. I am in the dark on this one.

Respectfully
Brendan
TAN2GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 16:01   #2
rab97
Quiet Professional

Promotion Boards

I'm currently in Phase III, and I went to the promotion board in Feb. of this year. So, yes, you can go. You'll also go to PLDC/BNCOC during the SFQC. Good luck and I hope this helped.
rab97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:21   #3
deanwells
Quiet Professional

Promotions in SFQC

Yes you will go to the board. If for some reason you are not able to due to training or other reasons, you will get the option when you report to group.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:23   #4
TAN2GREEN
Quiet Professional

Gents,
I appreciate the information,
T2G
Old 09-11-2006, 05:30   #5
TAN2GREEN
Quiet Professional

Promotions

Gents,
I remember reading somewhere on one of these forums a member saying that you could attend the promotion board with out pldc/bncoc as long as you were scheduled to attend the Q-Course within a year. I have been searching the sight and have not found the thread. If anyone knows whether that is true please reply back and also if it is so where I might be able to reference the information. Thanks
Respectfully
T2G
Old 09-11-2006, 07:04   #6
hotshot
Quiet Professional

Promotion

Have you taken a look at AR 600-8 Promotions and Reductions? That is the Reg, I would go by that before some hear say. Why are you so worried about going to the board? You cannot get promoted to SSG without PLDC. AND you cannot go to the promotion board until after SUT. Good luck.
hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:31   #7
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Here is the deal on promotions...

You have to have been to SUT, PLDC for E-5 and BNCOC for E-6.

You must meet TIS and/or TIG requirements for the grade which you wish to be promoted to.

Waivers are being given for one or the other but not both. If you are in the primary zone they will send you or counsel you as to why not, but if you are in the secondary zone they dont have to send you. Seems as though its cadre dependent for secondary zone eligibility. Some send their guys and some want you to be in the primary.

Dont get so wrapped up in promotions. The SFQC is ever evolving and this is subject to change before I am done typing. I would be more concerned with graduating.

HTH,

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 09-11-2006 at 09:35.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:30   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
Dont get so wrapped up in promotions. The SFQC is ever evolving and this is subject to change before I am done typing. I would be more concerned with graduating.

HTH,

Crip
I agree wholeheartedly.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, and keep your eye on the 25m. target.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 13:36   #9
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

Name Change ??

October 15th PLDC will now be referred to as "Warrior Leaders Course" WLC

Googles my friend !!
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 18:04   #10
TAN2GREEN
Quiet Professional

Gents,
I appreciate the input. I'm just patiently waiting now to start the Q,

T2G
Old 02-27-2008, 20:33   #11
bearpaw2197
SF Candidate

wlc, bncoc

i think this is the right place to post this. i already been to wlc and plan on going to bncoc. my question is if i have both schools would i have to to take the the 3 week crash course. i'm and E-5 plan to get promoted sometime before the end of my deployment.
bearpaw2197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 20:52   #12
jbour13
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearpaw2197 View Post
i think this is the right place to post this. i already been to wlc and plan on going to bncoc. my question is if i have both schools would i have to to take the the 3 week crash course. i'm and E-5 plan to get promoted sometime before the end of my deployment.
Your situation is a different ballgame all together. Your chain of command will be the ones to ask. This question was in regards to promotions to SGT and SSG while attending the SFQC, not just regular army. The person who originally posted this is a Soldier that has already attended the SFAS portion and is under SWC control. You belong to your unit and I'm sure that no soldier, past or present is prepared to speak on behalf of your unit's willingness to send you farther up the food chain. We don't know you from Adam, and as such have no input or recommendation for your promotion past this point.

Any questions?

Edited to add, please use proper spelling and grammar. What is the 3 week crask course?

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 21:10   #13
gits
Quiet Professional

I assume he is referring to the Q course WLC/BNOC Course. Well when I went through I had buddies who did not attend that portion of the course because they already had already went through PLDC/WLC and BNOC with the regular army. I would assume the same still applies.
gits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18   #14
bearpaw2197
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gits View Post
I assume he is referring to the Q course WLC/BNOC Course. Well when I went through I had buddies who did not attend that portion of the course because they already had already went through PLDC/WLC and BNOC with the regular army. I would assume the same still applies.
thanks for the reply. i think thats what i was looking for.
bearpaw2197 is offline   Reply With Quote