Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-18-2022, 11:09   #1996
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I have and been using a Naväge Sodium Chloride nasal wash system.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 16:04   #1997
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Just let you guys know,‘I’m pretty much sure this thing is 99.83% in the rear-view-mirrors; left behind at the first rest stop. Today has been quite normal for me. Never once felt a respiratory or clotting problem and O2 saturation levels have remained normal for me (which is about 98%) up to 100 or down to 95 (rarely). BP has been good even with all the extra cold&flu meds.
Glad to hear that you're recovering well!

I'm recovering from my second go around now. This one is a piece of cake! The first go around, I was sick and positive over 2 months, starting July 2020. This time was limited to 48 or so hours of fever and aches...feeling back to normal (at least as normal as I will ever be ) after 72 hours.
Old 01-20-2022, 13:24   #1998
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
Funny you said netipot. some 18D's are currently messing with nose wash and deluded Iodine solution to kill off COVID in the nasal passage. Saying it really speeds up recovery.
Yes, exactly. I've used table salt, but other salts can be used.
My wife has sinus issues, so I also use her NeilMed rinse.

I personally haven't used the Iodine, but several friends are using more for
preventive measures. Thinking is that killing the virus in the nose and throat
will prevent getting tested positive.

Old proverb. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 14:59   #1999
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Last night I flushed my sinuses out again with the Naväge (Saline solution) and tested positive again this morning. So anecdotally I’d say it may be preventive but does not eliminate the virus from your nose.

I am feeling completely recovered now, but I’m still in at home isolation.

I have no freaking idea why the CDC is saying “five days” and you can go back to work and (not) infect others… I tested positive first time on Friday a week ago, again on Monday and then this morning. So clearly I pose a risk to others as a completely vaccinated and “boosted” person!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 01-20-2022, 16:29   #2000
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
I have no freaking idea why the CDC is saying “five days” and you can go back to work and (not) infect others…
I'm not sure it falls into the baliwick of Lesko Brandon and the Routine Crimes Unit. But I'll go out on a limb & bet their decision was based more on "Holy Shit we can't continue to have all these essential people out of the supply chain for 10 days at a crack!" and less about suddenly discovering after 2 years that transmissibility is magically halved.

Glad you're feeling good, that's what's important.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 20:10   #2001
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
I'm not sure it falls into the baliwick of Lesko Brandon and the Routine Crimes Unit. But I'll go out on a limb & bet their decision was based more on "Holy Shit we can't continue to have all these essential people out of the supply chain for 10 days at a crack!" and less about suddenly discovering after 2 years that transmissibility is magically halved.

Glad you're feeling good, that's what's important.
RCU is a police procedural - if you want to watch a medical drama, tune in and watch Chicago Med or The Good Doctor

Lesko Brandon is already in over his head - lets not make the series any more complicated than it already is
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 20:39   #2002
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
RCU is a police procedural - if you want to watch a medical drama, tune in and watch Chicago Med or The Good Doctor
I was thinking about the angle of the Federal Gov't routinely lyi...
Ahh, hell with it, you're right. Go forth & do Routine things.
Besides, those doctor shows suck.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 01-22-2022, 10:46   #2003
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Looks like the vaccine mandates and “show me your papers” (vaccine passports) are beginning to fall to the wayside of knowledge about the virus is further understood. England and Ireland have dropped these absurd rules and I’m sure other countries will begin to look at the efficacy of the vaccine as “didn’t live up to desired expectations.”

As my case illustrates: got first shot (Pfizer) followed two weeks later with second shot, and booster shot six month later according to “Fauci’s best practice of the science” we were forced to participate in. I still got the virus and would be a carrier and spreader for over a week. While my symptoms were mild and I consider myself fully recovered I still tested positive more than a week after being exposed.

I do understand the physiological process of how a virus that attacks the bloodstream and leads to a condition called “cytokines storm” have had a prominent effect on people with a weakened autoimmune disorder or other underlying medical conditions, but it seems very likely that Covid-19 or (SARS-CoV-2) has only exacerbated these conditions in the very old and very fat (severely obese) segments of our society.

I do believe it will be understood by medical doctors (not scientists) who routinely see real patients (not lab mice) that by order of the government (Dr’s Fauci, Birx, and others who have undermined the best practices and methods) to treat this virus as any other virus causing pneumonia and blood clotting disorders that, we already knew how to treat and isolate this disease, but those practices were called into question and disallowed for political or financial benefit.

Does Ivermectin, doxycycline, hydroxychloroquine, corticosteroids, blood thinners and monoclonal antibodies work to reduce or treat conditions associated with Covid-19 and prevent or lessen the risk of cytokines storm..? A bunch of doctors in the real world think so, but they have been labeled as quacks, misinformed or outright conspiracy theorists. Social media has gone so far as to silence them in the government’s effort to control the narrative and use fear, exploitation and manipulation to prevent them from speaking out and showing that old (inexpensive) medicines with documented long term historical data have proven to show moderate to very promising success in early treatment protocols or in people with known underlying medical conditions or those with early signs and symptoms of Covid.

The WHO has been mostly silent and seems to take their orders from the financial deep pockets of their controlling masters (those who fund their projects and their personal bank accounts.) If anyone is in denial about the true cause and mission of the United Nations and all their subordinate units they should rethink their positions and understanding of a not-for-profit organization that can purchase at will unlimited supplies, materials and Human Resources (para-military forces around the world.)

The CDC and FDA also seem to be manipulated (manipulating) by these same forces to control the data that they have direct and unlimited access to for their own benefit. It almost seems (it is) criminal what’s being done in the name of “science” to promote unknown therapies at the behest of “for-profit” pharmaceutical companies who have not only developed the testing procedures (kinda like it doesn’t matter who votes but who counts the vote) but the only “authorized” vaccines being used to “prevent, reduce, or control” the outbreak of Covid.

There will need be an investigation bigger than the 9-11 commission to find the truth about the development, origins, transmission and the “metrics” used to count the deceased and infected so that future responses like “social distancing”, “mask mandates”, and other government controls are not improperly applied again.

Some people (countries) should be charged with crimes while others should be vindicated for their efforts to show that other more promising methods were available to treat the patient and not the problem. Some people (heads of alphabet agencies, governors and CEO’s of certain pharmaceutical companies), including those who control the message (social media and MSN personalities) should be raked over the coals for journalistic malfeasance causing unnecessary injury and death.

As I mentioned, it’s not as important who votes as to who counts the votes. If it is true that hospital management manipulated the data for profit of who died of Covid and not with Covid for financial gain should also be stripped of further and future tax payer assistance (Medicare/Medicaid) and face criminal charges for their complicity in furtherance of a false narrative that led to fear and panic around the world. Is John Hopkin’s University complicit in this deception or were they only arbiters of misinformation (and should have been banned from social media as spreading false information based on unscientific data: garbage in - garbage out!

(Not) Sorry for the long Saturday morning rant, but being home all week and recovering from the one-day-Flu has led me to recently ask more questions than find the answers to others… like why did the CDC shorten the time of risk associated with transmission of disease from 10-days to 5-days if not because of industry CEO’s putting pressure on the “administration-in-charge” that profits were being cut by a lack of workforce: if not just the unvaccinated “deplorables” being fired, but those who would take advantage of a broken system where they are rewarded for staying home?

Where does the madness end..? And, just as importantly who will be held accountable?

Old 01-23-2022, 08:36   #2004
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:

(Not) Sorry for the long Saturday morning rant, but being home all week and recovering from the one-day-Flu has led me to recently ask more questions than find the answers to others… like why did the CDC shorten the time of risk associated with transmission of disease from 10-days to 5-days if not because of industry CEO’s putting pressure on the “administration-in-charge” that profits were being cut by a lack of workforce: if not just the unvaccinated “deplorables” being fired, but those who would take advantage of a broken system where they are rewarded for staying home?

Where does the madness end..? And, just as importantly who will be held accountable?
ODNT, All well said! :salute
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:35   #2005
frostfire
Area Commander

I have been pleasantly following counterpoints from UnHerd on various issues.
This one is an interview with the Israel vaccine chief. They were the first one to show the efficacy of mass vaccinations, but now are also the first one to own up to missteps in the early management. Their observation of how both the immunized and non immunized got mild symptoms of omicron is foretelling of how the virus will turn endemic for the rest of the world IMHO.

https://www.typeyouknowwhat.com/watch?v=bnMMYJKZvnU

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 12:51   #2006
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

For any SMEs out there, I have a couple questions:

Do most of the comorbidities/high risk groups associated with bad outcomes for COVID also tend to come with increased blood viscosity?
Do many of the anecdotally effective medications for treating COVID also have blood-thinning side effects?
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 07:04   #2007
Badger52
Area Commander

Driving Mr. Daisy

Allegedly the memo from a major Dem polling outfit that is driving "relaxation" (i.e., "giving you back your rights") of Covid protocols.

Article here.

Straight jump to the twatterpost with the 2-page memo attached.

You dirt people can move away now from indoor masking in public, except on Federal transportation because reasons.

Old 03-01-2022, 21:35   #2008
Airbornelawyer

Probably consistent with that memo Badger52 refers to above, it seems like they are using the SOTU to declare a Democrat victory. Effectively, no more masks or social distancing rules. Not sure what was said or hinted about vaccine mandates and the like. Did anyone bother to pay closer attention?
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 05:31   #2009
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
Not sure what was said or hinted about vaccine mandates and the like. Did anyone bother to pay closer attention?
Just a vague reference in his rambling about his "4 steps" and that was simply recognizing that kids need to get back to school and people need to get back into businesses. The word 'mandate' was not uttered, on any topic.

Did you know that "hospitalizations [are] down by 77%" ? Sha-ZAMM!

Quote:
We have lost so much to COVID-19. Time with one another. And worst of all, so much loss of life.
Let’s use this moment to reset. Let’s stop looking at COVID-19 as a partisan dividing line and see it for what it is: A God-awful disease.
Let’s stop seeing each other as enemies, and start seeing each other for who we really are: Fellow Americans.
We can’t change how divided we’ve been. But we can change how we move forward—on COVID-19 and other issues we must face together.
He then launched straight into the Squad-Head-Exploding topic of crime and funding of police...

Old 03-02-2022, 07:22   #2010
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

If we declare that Covid is over; it must be so!

(People will die of something other than Covid… I hear the Flu is back and stronger than ever!)

I mean it’s like flying… everyone over 2 must wear a mask or become an example of scorn and inhumanity… that is until the airline serves drinks and food… then it “A-OK” for all to remove your mask (briefly) all at the same time!)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 03-02-2022 at 07:27.