Old 02-13-2006, 03:41   #31
uboat509
Quiet Professional

When I went through the course last summer the head instructor came in and told the Echos to maintain a low profile because someone in the SWCS chain of command was looking to pull them out of the course. It never happened but I am not suprised that they have changed it now.

SFC W
uboat509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 21:11   #32
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Student Co & the 18Fox course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
In other news, there were 8 E-6's chosen this past week from Student Co to start the Fox course. These are guys with no other 18 series MOS; straight from PH-II to the Fox course. The only details I have are those chosen have 5+ years Infantry and atleast one combat tour.

Crip

Surgical -

Not True on the 8-E6's Students in the 18F Course that are not 18 Series!!!

Listen to what is written.. 8 Drop outs or students in the SFQC that are awaiting training, lets see, maybe their Phase 3 block. NOT!

Then they are going to the SF intelligence Sergeant Course without being 18 Series Qual?? NOT!!

Does that Student Company OT Pool rumor really sound that sound?? NOT!!!!!!

There is a thing called prerequisites.. This Committee fights to have seasoned SF NCO’s attend this course with team time. Because of how much "stuff" these NCO are and will be doing on a SFODA. Some NCO from the line really wouldn't know what to do. Look maybe an INTEL guy (96B/N??) but even that NCO really wouldn't know what we SF guys are looking for. Its not all about IPB we deal with people.

Try this ............... they were on a Detail to guard documents or radios for a month(s) because they are drops from the SFQC.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:00   #33
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

MtnGoat:

PM inbound.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:52   #34
Whatever
Quiet Professional

The prohibition on 18Es is cyclic and will be fixed in time by the brothers running SFQC.

The shortage of 18Ds in the force is more difficult. Anyone that would voluntarily stick his fingers up anothers man's butt and root around is not normal - we had a P.A. here (former 18D) that had a rubber arm and had this "joke"

During the Digital Rectal portion of the Physical Exam he would first put the rubber arm on your left shoulder, use his "real" left hand to take care of business and then put his right hand on your right shoulder. Having a hand on each shoulder and another mystery appendage stuck up your fourth point of contact was a bad thing.

Of course this never happened to me personally.
Whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:52   #35
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
The prohibition on 18Es is cyclic and will be fixed in time by the brothers running SFQC.

The shortage of 18Ds in the force is more difficult. Anyone that would voluntarily stick his fingers up anothers man's butt and root around is not normal - we had a P.A. here (former 18D) that had a rubber arm and had this "joke"

During the Digital Rectal portion of the Physical Exam he would first put the rubber arm on your left shoulder, use his "real" left hand to take care of business and then put his right hand on your right shoulder. Having a hand on each shoulder and another mystery appendage stuck up your fourth point of contact was a bad thing.

EVERY 18D/PA worth his salt has a rubber arm laying around

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:07   #36
Whatever
Quiet Professional

Roger that Sir.

I notice that your Avatar has big-ass fingers. Because art ususally imitates life there is no way I will ever get a Physical Exam at Lewis.

I bet when you're done with the prostate check all the guy wants is a cigarette and some smooth music.
Whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:31   #37
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever

Of course it didn't.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:30   #38
abnremf
Quiet Professional

No 18E's ?

Let me get this straight. I'm over here in this sand box. No one on my team stepped up to take over the Ops & Intel (18F) piece except me and my Delta. We're working this shit soup to nuts (edited out by admin) making good progress... and neither one of us can go to the Fox course after this? You can't dream of a harder place to OJT this shit than the part of Iraq we're in right now. I hope they unscrew this before I get home. Had I known this, I would have sat in the radio room making coms. Well, probably not. I still would have done this job because the the team needed it but, this news does put a damper on plans when I get home though.
abnremf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:34   #39
magician
Quiet Professional

Never worry like that.

You have got to have faith that the Big Ranger will find a way, and believe me, He will.

It will fall into place for you.

1st Platoon "Bad 'Muthers," Company A, 2d Ranger Battalion, 1980-1984;
ODA 151, Company B, 2d Battalion, 1SFGA, 1984-1986.
SFQC 04-84; Ranger class 14-81.
magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 21:54   #40
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb 18E/B and 18F

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnremf
Let me get this straight. I'm over here in this sand box. No one on my team stepped up to take over the Ops & Intel (18F) piece except me and my Delta. We're working this shit soup to nuts (edited out by admin) making good progress... and neither one of us can go to the Fox course after this? You can't dream of a harder place to OJT this shit than the part of Iraq we're in right now. I hope they unscrew this before I get home. Had I known this, I would have sat in the radio room making coms. Well, probably not. I still would have done this job because the the team needed it but, this news does put a damper on plans when I get home though.
abnremf,

Yes its ture for now. DA put the stop to the MOS change over for 18E/D's. I could see 18Es going to the course sooner than an 18D. But the 18D will be for sometime. Force numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician
Never worry like that.

You have got to have faith that the Big Ranger will find a way, and believe me, He will.

It will fall into place for you. :
A Good Ranger will always find a way!! Time wil work this out.

VG

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 17:46   #41
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnremf

What's up!!!!,
Hey you need to talk to JN. We just sent 4 guys.....3 18D, 1 18E, and 1 18C to the F course in the last 9 months. JN, stated that policy only applies to AD and not NG. Oh yeah, JN was the last guy to go. Our company along with bn has so many slots it's not even funny.

Stay safe out there!!!!!
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 22:55   #42
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V
We just sent 4 guys.....3 18D, 1 18E, and 1 18C...
P=Plenty 18C math, I see.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:52   #43
magician
Quiet Professional

I have to say....I am far from plugged into current events at the Schoolhouse, but I just cannot see this policy enduring. Of course, I also have to state that this is just you, me, and the rest of us sitting around the fire shooting the shit. No one cares about my opinion, and that is the way that it should be.

In some doctrinal SF missions, there is a natural synergy between the 18D and 18F MOSs, as practiced in the real world, that cannot be denied.

I understand that some folks believe that they need to take temporary measures to massage the numbers in this MOS or that MOS here and there, but making such measures permanent would be very shortsighted.

Next thing, guys with 18D or 18E primary MOSs will be prohibited from becoming 18Zs. That makes about as much sense as saying that 18Ds and 18Es cannot also be 18Fs.

Do the smart guys at the Schoolhouse then decide that 18Zs and 18Fs cannot transition into the 180A program? None of this makes sense.

I just do not see it lasting.

If you look at the 'box, and the sort of ops that our brothers are running there now, and will be, presumably, for a few more years to come....it makes sense to send as many qualified guys to O&I as possible, (and beyond, 'nuff said), even if they continue to hold down the senior medic or senior demo or senior weapons slot on an ODA. In other words, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with graduates of O&I holding other primary MOSs on ODAs. Remember the principal of cross training? This is just cross training. Wearing multiple hats. It is a good thing.

It can only improve the sophistication of planning, and enhance the sophistication of HUMINT activities practiced on the ground. That shit is critical.

And that gets to this other rumor, that 18Xs with no team time and no other 18-series MOS might be attending the 18F course.

No freakin' way would that even be possible. A guy with no significant team time is not ready for the 18F course by any means.

I had been on an ODA for two years before I went to O&I. Yes, I was lucky, and I went early. I had worked closely with my team sergeant during every planning iteration that came our way, leeching from his experience and his brain, and I also had been to the 18C course. So I was prepared. Not overprepared, but I swam when I got into the 18F course, and I did not sink. Nothing that I had done, at that point, as an 18D had prepared me.

Only actually working on an ODA is suitable preparation for the 18F course. I do not think that it is possible to take a guy right out of training group and send him.

Again, just my opinion, and probably worth nothing, when you consider how out of the loop that I am.

1st Platoon "Bad 'Muthers," Company A, 2d Ranger Battalion, 1980-1984;
ODA 151, Company B, 2d Battalion, 1SFGA, 1984-1986.
SFQC 04-84; Ranger class 14-81.
magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:25   #44
abnremf
Quiet Professional

I talked to a buddy back in Colorado. He said I should be fine because of my circumstances. We'll see. I suppose there are bigger things to worry about now ( 5 meter line ). I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I never thought I would say it but 2 months at SWC doesn't sound that bad. At least I don't have to deconflict battle space with big Army to do my job in NC. By the way 18C4V, can't you e-mail a brother every now and then?
abnremf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:14   #45
uboat509
Quiet Professional

The last thing that I heard was as of 1 Jan 06 there was a 1 year moratorium on 18Es going to the course.

SFC W
uboat509 is offline   Reply With Quote