Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Middle East

Old 08-21-2014, 04:39   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

100 Filipino Muslims join Isil in Iraq

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/iraq...iraq-1.1374342

I really didn't know if I should put this in the Mddle East Thread or Asia. Issues for each area.

I find it interesting on how ISIL/ISIS/IS draws people to their "Cause" on what grounds?

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:23   #2
LarryW
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post

I find it interesting on how ISIL/ISIS/IS draws people to their "Cause" on what grounds?
Question for the age: "On what grounds?"

What indeed draws these people to leave their homes in the PI and go off to a paradise of body odor and drone attacks? And, they’ve been talking this up to them for the last 10 years in Mindanao some place? When they started the indoc these people were 8-10 years old! Has that been the strategy? Is that where they begin? Moro-Muslim Sunday School?

On what grounds? A paradise filled with vestal virgins? Don’t they know that virgins grow into women and become maniacs? Maybe it’s the promise of high pay and adventure. “Come away with us, kid, and not only will you get to drive a new F350 but you'll be blown to smithereens by a 500 pound laser guided virgin!”

"On what grounds?" WTF, K????

Beats the hell out of me.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:43   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

I suspect these folks are drawn to the rewards of paradise. That whole "72 wide eyed virgins" is a pretty good reason to start killing folk. Think of how hard it is to find JUST ONE virgin walking the earth thats old enough to bang without going to prison!
I just wonder if these silly Filipino jihadists realize that you can only fuck a virgin once...
...after that she's just another whore that puts out. Big price to pay to be stuck with the same 72 clingy bitches for all of eternity.

If I have an eternity worth of screwing to do, I am going to need a shit ton more than just 72 wide-eyed virgins. Especially if I am going to be returned to my 30-year old self and made as virile as a hundred men. Those poor broads are going to be useless before I even learn all of their names; I am going to slay my way throught them rookie bitches within my first two months in paradise...
...then what am I supposed to do?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 08-21-2014 at 05:46.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:34   #4
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Thanks SGM, I now owe my work a new screen/keyboard

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:18   #5
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Anyone out there that really wants to know what motivates muslims to do the shit they do need to start with 3 books; The Koran (preferably the one translated by Rodman), The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam by Spencer (also, look at the Jihad Watch blog) and Milestones written by Qutab (executed as a Muslim Brotherhood member in the 60's). It's not a mystery with these people, this war is a continuation of a war begun in the 7th century, only thing that has change are the weapons and the names of the players.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:19   #6
PRB
Quiet Professional

If you are a young Islamist (radical) this is the 'woodstock' of Islam. The world stage, immediate media and tweet's, it is an Islamist 'happening'.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:36   #7
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
Think of how hard it is to find JUST ONE virgin walking the earth thats old enough to bang without going to prison!
Billy,

I had to reply on this Statement just because you made me bust out luaghing at work and people looked at me.

without going to prison!!! BrawHahah

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
Old 08-21-2014, 11:39   #8
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

HAcksaw you are right about Jihad Watch blog. I think you should be jumping on there every other week, maybe weekly right now.

Never read Milestones by Qutab, have to pick it up. Thanks!

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 08-21-2014, 11:42   #9
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

The same thing happened during the Iraq war and what did one of the American commanders say? Something like:

"It makes our job that much easier knowing all the fanatical islamic members are here on the battlefield with us. It's much easier to kill them all."
Old 08-21-2014, 21:07   #10
akv
Area Commander

It's great ISIS is embracing diversity in their selection of terrorist douche bags. It will make paradise less dull...
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:12   #11
Richard
Quiet Professional

Marching to the sound of the cannons.

Quote:
Some 12,000 foreign jihadists from 50 countries, including Americans, have gone to fight in Syria since the conflict began, the US State Department said Thursday.

A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, estimated that more than 100 US citizens have traveled or tried to travel to Syria to join the conflict.

They have traveled to join radical groups including the Islamic State (IS), militants fighting the regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria who have expanded into neighboring Iraq.

"We think that there are approximately 12,000 fighters from at least 50 countries in Syria -- foreign fighters, including a small number of Americans -- that may have traveled to Syria since the beginning of the conflict" more than three years ago, said deputy State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf.

http://news.yahoo.com/americans-amon...225059981.html
And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:25   #12
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
If I have an eternity worth of screwing to do, I am going to need a shit ton more than just 72 wide-eyed virgins. Especially if I am going to be returned to my 30-year old self and made as virile as a hundred men. Those poor broads are going to be useless before I even learn all of their names; I am going to slay my way throught them rookie bitches within my first two months in paradise...
...then what am I supposed to do?

Hey, I've got an idea.....Let's start our own religion. You can have as many virgins as you want. Or better yet, you get one virgin for every MF Muslim you kill.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:28   #13
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
100 Filipino Muslims join Isil in Iraq...I find it interesting on how ISIL/ISIS/IS draws people to their "Cause" on what grounds?
Payback for all those 'virgins' who were tempted to flock to Olongapo and Angeles City for all those decades and converted.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:40   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
The problem with that is if they are a virgin by the time they are legal age there is a reason.
Yeah, there is, the remaining virgins are fast enough to outrun their family members.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 17:43   #15
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I heard today that 180,000 people have died in the Syrian civil war. Only 100 Jemaal Islamiyah, Moro Liberation Front and Abu Sayaf have gone to help? Come on guys, show some support! Allah awaits you...

Last edited by mark46th; 08-22-2014 at 17:45.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote