Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 08-24-2011, 10:35   #1
Bennett
Quiet Professional

10th Group's 60th birthday

OK, mark it your calendar, 13 through 16 June 2012, 10th Special Forces Group will cerebrate it’s 60th birthday here in Colorado Springs. We (SFA 4/24) are helping to plan, finance and execute the activities. We will be looking for donations made out to our chapter (Big Army doesn’t allow Group to solicit or receive outside money) to make this the best Ball/birthday to date. The 4 days will include (so far) activities at Group, a golf game, CDR’s motorcycle ride, the Ball on Friday 15 June and a picnic on Saturday. More details to come as we start the backward planning. We, Group and the Chapter are trying to get as many alumni back for this as possible, we are planning 1200-1500 10th Groupers to attend. So if you plan to attend stand by for more detail and if you have access to someone who would be interested in donating to a 501(c) let me know and we can get them the paperwork to the tax exemption. Please spread the word.
De Oppresso Liber
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]
Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:16   #2
MTN Medic
Quiet Professional

Sounds like a hell of a bash. Last night was the 59th; good show. I know some of your members were there. I was wondering if you were.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:22   #3
Bennett
Quiet Professional

59th

Nope, we (SFA/Retirees) didn't get invited until a week out. Bad planning on Groups part but from what I heard, MG Csrnko who was at the head table stood up and wanted to thank the SFA Chapter 4/24 for helping him get settled here in Colorado and asked us to stand up! Ha none of us were there; maybe someone will get an ass chewing for not inviting us sooner. Anyway we will run the 60th or at least hold the purse strings and have already set the ground rules, this is for the Alumni. I hope to see a bunch of FOGs there.
De Oppresso Liber
Old 08-30-2011, 18:44   #4
MTN Medic
Quiet Professional

He sure did! I was looking around to see where you guys were and no-one stood up. Oh well, I am sure next year will be the one not to miss. Thanks for all your support!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:24   #5
ntuit1
Quiet Professional

Don,

Keep me posted. Think I might come down for this one.

Rx
ntuit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:45   #6
Bennett
Quiet Professional

60th Anniversary week

Boys everything is posted on our web page now http://www.sfa4-24.org/ As for seats, there will be 150 tables, each seating 10-persons, at the Ball. Currently, 17 tables (170 seats) are reserved for VIPs and we have 16 tables (160 seats) set aside for SFA, retirees, and other 10th Group Alumni. We can get more if needed. Again hotel and events are post on the WEB, see you all this summer and please pass this on.
De Oppresso Liber
Old 02-25-2012, 00:43   #7
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Talking Happy 60th Birthday 10th SFG.........

GB TFS-Bad Tolz-1959-1961........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 19:34   #8
JoeBeasley
Asset

10th Group 60th Birthday

Who would we contact to get out to the celebration? I am an old retired SF Operations Sergeant and wanted to reaquaint myself... Joe Beasley
JoeBeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:22   #9
Bennett
Quiet Professional

10th Group birthday

Go to the SFA Chapter 4/24 web site, all the info and contacts are there. Let me know if you have further questions.
http://www.sfa4-24.org/
De Oppresso Liber
Old 03-30-2012, 11:53   #10
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I am an old retired SF Operations Sergeant and wanted to reaquaint myself... Joe Beasley
Is this the Joe Beasley who worked so diligently to keep Kohinor and Pelikan in business in Bad Tölz?

Quote:
Go to the SFA Chapter 4/24 web site...
Thanks for the information, Don. I suspect it'll be a BIG event and y'all are gonna be busy.

Nice anniversary poster, too...but - FWIW - ya gotta wonder how come it is we can never quite seem to get the Regiment's motto translation correct.

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/He...it.aspx?u=4351

And so it goes...

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10th SFGA 60th.jpg (73.4 KB, 79 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 16:36   #11
Richard
Quiet Professional

FYI - received this today.

Richard

The Convention Committee wants to put together a video history of the last 60 years of SF in photos. They would like to collect as many photos as possible for this project. Time is running out. Please disseminate to members that this is a good time to clean out the old shoe boxes. BUT, please send photos with identifying captions. Please send to SFA HQ at PO Box 41436, Fayetteville, 28309 ATTN Photo Project.

Thanks

Cliff Newman
Administrative Director
Special Forces Association
PO Box 41436
Fayetteville, NC 28309
(910) 485-5433
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19   #12
Bennett
Quiet Professional

received this today

Yep but that's for the convention at Fayetteville this thread was for the 10th Group's 60th at Colorado springs. By the way you can now apy using PayPal for the Ball. http://www.sfa4-24.org/
De Oppresso Liber
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01   #13
Bennett
Quiet Professional

to free the oppressed

Nice anniversary poster, too...but - FWIW - ya gotta wonder how come it is we can never quite seem to get the Regiment's motto translation correct.

The motto more fully translated means, "From Oppression We Will Liberate Them" it's a bit to long, to free the oppressed seems to be easier?
De Oppresso Liber
Old 04-19-2012, 11:04   #14
Bennett
Quiet Professional

CDR's Ride

OK just was informed that pikespeakharleydavidson.com/ will have bikes for rental during the CDR's ride on the 15 June. They have donated a few bikes for the VIPs and those are being coordinted by Jim Culligan and crew. Please check with him on the availibility. Bottom line we will try to ensure everyone wanting to ride can. Please pass this around.
De Oppresso Liber
Old 05-24-2012, 13:18   #15
Bennett
Quiet Professional

60th coins are in

Boys, the QM just received the first 200 60th anniversary coins. We should have them on our web site next week for $15.
De Oppresso Liber