Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 10-25-2009, 13:34   #61
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

I'd like to know why any self-respecting man would even THINK of trying fru-fru-flavored michelob ultra??
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 13:54   #62
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
I'd like to know why any self-respecting man would even THINK of trying fru-fru-flavored michelob ultra??
Must have been a 3rd group guy..... He's probably a Red Stripe fan too......

God forbid you break the brewer's regulations.

Other than a lemon in weissen bier and a lime in corona... no fruit allowed.

De Oppresso Liber

Last edited by Stras; 10-25-2009 at 13:57.
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 13:55   #63
mojaveman
Area Commander

I drank a cherry beer onetime when I was in Belgium. It came in a cute little bottle but it was too sweet. Now a Berliner which is a pilsner with just a small squirt of fruit juice in it isn't that bad, especially on a hot day when you're sitting alongside the Unter Den Linden. I enjoy my Kristallweizen with a slice of lemon also.

When I was on vacation I had a Czech beer called Bruno. I tried both the light and dark and I think it was flat one of the best beers I've ever tasted. Those Czechs might have something on the Germans. I've been told that when brewing beer it all begins with the water.

Last edited by mojaveman; 08-18-2010 at 21:44.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 16:27   #64
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stras View Post
Must have been a 3rd group guy..... He's probably a Red Stripe fan too......

God forbid you break the brewer's regulations.

Other than a lemon in weissen bier and a lime in corona... no fruit allowed.
A man after my own heart and palate.

The cherry beers and such are a bit different than an ultra-light beer further demoted from beer status with fruit flavorings. They definitely are not in the same class.

I've been known to enjoy a lambic from time to time - but it's typically in the company of someone who insists they will never find a beer they like - 85% of the time the leave with a new appreciation for the versatility of the stuff.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19   #65
MVP
Quiet Professional

LatschenMass

There is a place over south of Hofolding (east of Sauerlach on the other side of A8) that used to serve a LatschenMass. As I recall, a shot of kirsch or other red liquer poured into a Mass that also featured a nice big sprig from a spruce tree. Really wasn't as bad as it sounds.

By the way, if you are near the Sauerlach exit on A8 and are hungry try Rudi's gasthaus in Hofolding. They have really good schnitzel (by German standards) and Schweinshaxe. If you head east from the autobahn go about 1 Km and you will practically drive in the front door.

MVP
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 17:04   #66
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
There is a place over south of Hofolding (east of Sauerlach on the other side of A8) that used to serve a LatschenMass. As I recall, a shot of kirsch or other red liquer poured into a Mass that also featured a nice big sprig from a spruce tree. Really wasn't as bad as it sounds.

By the way, if you are near the Sauerlach exit on A8 and are hungry try Rudi's gasthaus in Hofolding. They have really good schnitzel (by German standards) and Schweinshaxe. If you head east from the autobahn go about 1 Km and you will practically drive in the front door.

MVP
Schweinehaxe... My left arm starts hurting just thinking about that hunk of fat...
alfromcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 15:00   #67
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
If you want a bad beer, try a Michelob Ultra with pomegranate and raspberry flavor.

TR
Good God!
Do you chase it with Mike's Hard Lemonade?

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 15:06   #68
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Bob View Post
Good God!
Do you chase it with Mike's Hard Lemonade?

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
A friend of my brother brought a six-pack over for me as a gift, and good manners forced me to drink one while he raved about how great it was.

Now where is that puking smiley?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 17:43   #69
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Recently while at Walmart I saw a 6 pack of Bud with Clamato.........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 18:03   #70
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
A friend of my brother brought a six-pack over for me as a gift, and good manners forced me to drink one while he raved about how great it was.

Now where is that puking smiley?

TR
You didn't spew it all over him as you choked on it????

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 20:08   #71
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

This thread has definitely strayed from a most noble subject to talk of the most disgusting and vile...

Gentlemen, can we please return to the talk of BEER, one of the most notable discoveries of mankind? No more talk of vulgar irregularities like flavors and other distasteful additions...

Beer should be partaken in its purest form... From the keg. If that is not available, from a glass bottle.

In most desparate times it can be consumed from a can, but please, wash your mouth out as soon as possible with one of the more noble and civilized methods mentioned.
alfromcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 20:30   #72
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfromcolorado View Post
This thread has definitely strayed from a most noble subject to talk of the most disgusting and vile....
The subject of the thread was Radlers...a concoction I first experienced near Bad Toelz and that concoction was beer mixed with lemon lime soft drinks...thus, vile though it may be, pomegranate and raspberry flavored beer with a twist of lime and a vanilla bean is germane to the thread...IMNHO...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:43   #73
Slantwire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve View Post
The subject of the thread was Radlers...a concoction I first experienced near Bad Toelz and that concoction was beer mixed with lemon lime soft drinks...thus, vile though it may be, pomegranate and raspberry flavored beer with a twist of lime and a vanilla bean is germane to the thread...IMNHO...
Not German, and not with soft drinks, but a few years ago in Scotland my uncle introduced me to "lager and lime," which was simply the pub's lager from the tap mixed with the sweetened lime juice used for mixing cocktails. (Maybe an ounce or so of the lime juice in a pint of lager.) He said he was introduced to the drink by a British Sergeant Major decades ago.

The result almost tasted like a soft drink. They certainly went down easily (how many? I plead the fifth). Apparently every barkeep in Scotland knew exactly what to do, but I got a "huh?" any time I tried ordering one State-side.
Old 10-30-2009, 14:10   #74
Razor
Quiet Professional

While I'm more of a weizen man myself, Tommyknocker's Maple Brown Nut (especially the Imperial version, at 9.8% ABV) goes down very easy and isn't too sweet despite the addition of maple syrup.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 15:46   #75
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

I`ll just stick to my yuengling black and tan. but to answer the topic, yes I have drank it before. It`s a good mix on the warmer german days, when you want a light beer, but with the taste of your favorite beer. use to make it with "Licher" beer.

Last edited by Sonic03svtCobra; 10-30-2009 at 16:02.
Sonic03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote