Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04   #1
davidw142
BANNED USER

Stuttgart SF Base Closing?

I am stationed in Germany and attending SFAS in March. I have heard that the 10th group garrisoned in Stuttgart is returning to the US permanently. Is this true?
davidw142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:13   #2
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw142 View Post
I am stationed in Germany and attending SFAS in March. I have heard that the 10th group garrisoned in Stuttgart is returning to the US permanently. Is this true?
First thing you need to do is complete your profile....

Secondly,
What do your attendance to SFAS and Stuttgart have to do with one-another? You seem to have skipped a big chunk of time there.

James Madison

Last edited by Ret10Echo; 02-11-2009 at 05:17.
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52   #3
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quit worrying about politics and worry about your task ahead.

The big titted German frauleins will be there when you're finished.
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48   #4
csquare
Quiet Professional

What?

Hey, I think you're putting the cart in front of the horse.

Right now you need to worry about computing the cost of your basic daily food allowance and ensuring your subsistence item stock-age is met.

Maybe, just maybe, in a couple of years you can worry about Stuttgart.
I do not regret a day I spent in uniform—I’m immensely proud of my service. If I’ve learned anything, I’ve learned what a truly remarkable thing it is to be a combat veteran. Now I want to live an exceptional life for those who never made it home.
csquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:54   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I am sorry, but that is all of the stupid questions and lazy, non-reading newbies I can stand for today.

I hope you pay more attention and do better at SFAS than you have here.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:06   #6
Stras
Quiet Professional

I bet he heard about the SF Base Closing from that Major at the Pentagon.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:17   #7
Richard
Quiet Professional

If this guy makes it through SFTG there'll be a slot for him somewhere...there's always one of these rumor worrying yahoo's--NCO or Officer--on every ODA.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:26   #8
TommyGun

I am not SF, but I have served with enough of you guys to find this very funny...
As a leg that looks up to you guys, keep it up...

TG
Old 04-20-2009, 10:49   #9
Pete
Quiet Professional

This close

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
I am not SF, but I have served with enough of you guys to find this very funny...
As a leg that looks up to you guys, keep it up...

TG
Tommygun - you are about this (holding two fingers close together) close to getting a new title under your user name.

Want me to squash them together?
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58   #10
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Tommygun - you are about this (holding two fingers close together) close to getting a new title under your user name.

Want me to squash them together?
You'd have thought he would have figured out what happened to the original postee........

Ya just can't fix stupid!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 13:08   #11
Pete
Quiet Professional

Not the same....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stras View Post
You'd have thought he would have figured out what happened to the original postee........

Ya just can't fix stupid!!!!
Not the same as the first poster but something he'd have to wear around for a while. Something that would make him think each time he went to mash the "Submit Reply" bar.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 13:56   #12
TommyGun

Talking

Point taken...at least I started off with the confession that I was not one of you, I thought that would have bought me some grace, but I bow out...
Old 04-20-2009, 18:41   #13
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
Point taken...at least I started off with the confession that I was not one of you, I thought that would have bought me some grace, but I bow out...
You are admittedly not, SF, but are posting in a 10th Group thread.

Hmm. What could be wrong with that?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:51   #14
RetiredSOCS
Asset

If Panzer closes I'll be crushed. They can't close Rommel's former HQ, can they?
RetiredSOCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:35   #15
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSOCS View Post
If Panzer closes I'll be crushed. They can't close Rommel's former HQ, can they?
Mythology.

Rommel commanded the 7th Panzer DIVISION. The 7th Panzer REGIMENT was in the area. The myth covers both Panzer and Patch (Kurmärker), depending on your taste.

Some interesting stuff on different Kasernen on these sites...

http://www.usarmygermany.com/Sont.ht..._Stuttgart.htm

Quote:
Unfounded Rumors
Americans who have been stationed at Patch Barracks have passed along two storied that are without a basis in fact. One of these concerns an underground tank park located somewhere under the Kaserne. Actually, the only underground facilities are tunnels enclosing heating pipes that connect the boilers with some other buildings.

Another account describes Kurmärker Kaserne as Field Marshal Erwin Rommel's headquarters, and the Officer' Club as his former living quarters. Rommel had no connection with the kaserne and there is nothing to indicate that he even visited it. The rumor may have arisen from the fact that Rommel was once Commanding General of the 7th Panzer Division, of which the 7th Panzer Regiment was never a part.
alfromcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote