Old 01-25-2007, 07:55   #91
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
i believe Cliff was with 3rd Battalion when the accident occured...he wasn't with 1st then...
Dai-Ui I am old and my brain has lost elasticity, old names come back into my head, and I misplace them occasionally. Where's my walker?

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 19:54   #92
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med
Dai-Ui I am old and my brain has lost elasticity, old names come back into my head, and I misplace them occasionally. Where's my walker?
right next to the tequila...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 20:00   #93
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
In the dumpster behind the Howl at the Moon, last time I saw it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 20:37   #94
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Dai-Ui I am old...
based on when you attended jump school, you are at least five and maybe ten years younger than me...cherry...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 01-26-2007, 08:17   #95
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
In the dumpster behind the Howl at the Moon, last time I saw it.

TR
Along with SGM C's walker, we left them there together, and TR why didn't you come out and play in Orlando?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
right next to the tequila... based on when you attended jump school, you are at least five and maybe ten years younger than me...cherry...
Now, Sir, that's gonna leave a mark. Aren't you one of the DZO's that ran the Gardner Lake jumps? Gear up, Load UH1, jump, splash, swim to zodiac, drop chutes run zodiac chase, repeat as needed until all chutes in the rigger shed are wet, hang chutes, laugh that the riggers actually would have some work to do for the next week......

No love, no love at all!!!!

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
Old 01-26-2007, 08:25   #96
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Aren't you one of the DZO's that ran the Gardner Lake jumps? Gear up, Load UH1, jump, splash, swim to zodiac, drop chutes run zodiac chase, repeat as needed until all chutes in the rigger shed are wet, hang chutes, laugh that the riggers actually would have some work to do for the next week......
nope...never ran Gardner Lake...i did run some RT jumps on the short leg of Turner...gear up, load UH1, put guys in the trees, get them down, load them up again, repeat as necessary until chutes were pretty badly mangled, then go to the rigger shed, shake the shrubbery out and hand them off to the riggers...did that three or four times...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:29   #97
x SF med
Quiet Professional

So that was you.
Thanks, Sir.
Really loved the "lets get bashed up by trees, and poke an eye out" jumps. Loads of fun, a zillion laughs. Really loved the prep for a great PLF while protecting your assets and making sure your elbows were tight to your sides with your chin tucked up tight to your chest..... and then realizing, after you finally get the chute out of the friggin trees that you have to run the length of Turner to make your next jump - just to do it all again.

Damn, I miss that shit!

Old 01-26-2007, 14:10   #98
Hipshot
Quiet Professional

I bet you don't miss the mosquitos there during those evening and night jumps. They drank more than some of the guys did at the Cinema Lounge in Leominster.
11F4S - S/Sgt, B/2/12th SFG(A)
a.k.a. Sheep Dog Daddy

God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.
It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick.

Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 14:17   #99
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Those weren't just any mosquitos...they were Mosquitos on STEROIDS...

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 14:21   #100
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Satanic mosquitoes from Hell, the size of C130's.

Old 01-26-2007, 18:32   #101
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaquebite
Those weren't just any mosquitos...they were Mosquitos on STEROIDS...
until you've jumped on Husky DZ at Eielson AFB in Alaska, you ain't seen mosquitoes on steroids...some of those puppies have their own zip code...
Old 01-26-2007, 18:33   #102
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
So that was you.
if it was me, i was a SSG at the time...pre OCS days...
Old 04-13-2007, 01:00   #103
kunf0002

Robert

A Co, 2nd Batallion Team 213 from 82-84. The golf course was wonderful and it only cost $3 with equipment included for eighteen holes. (for my rank it was that cheap). Motorcycle accident leaving post drunk, and a lot of drinking at the Trojan club, A good time was had by all.

Last edited by kunf0002; 04-13-2007 at 02:02.
Old 04-13-2007, 19:44   #104
mustang
Asset

good memories

interested in talking with anyone who served 1963-1965. I was in company C, Lengries Kaserene, about 10Ks from Badtolz.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 19:49   #105
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Mustang:

This is not the Introductions thread that you are looking for.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote