Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18D

Old 10-04-2018, 17:54   #1
Fooleh
Asset

SOCM Recertification after separating

Hey dudes, anyone up on the process of getting ACLS/PHTLS re-certified civilian-side after letting them expire? Also if anyone has the know how of turning our W1 cert into a Paramedic cert I'd love to know what you did to make that happen. I'm trying to get my certifications back together in order to take some contracts. Thanks.
Fooleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 18:43   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooleh View Post
Hey dudes, anyone up on the process of getting ACLS/PHTLS re-certified civilian-side after letting them expire? Also if anyone has the know how of turning our W1 cert into a Paramedic cert I'd love to know what you did to make that happen. I'm trying to get my certifications back together in order to take some contracts. Thanks.
Fill out your profile and post an intro in the appropriate thread before posting again IAW board rules please....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 17:12   #3
raves614
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooleh View Post
Might not be what you want to hear, but you'll most likely have to pay to retake civilian side if they've lapsed.

Civilian EMT-P test is now required to pass SOCM, which leads me to believe there is no way to "convert" a W1 into paramedic.

I would try and find a local EMS service hire you and agree to pay your way if you need the certs and can't pay out of pocket.
raves614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 19:39   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by raves614 View Post
Might not be what you want to hear, but you'll most likely have to pay to retake civilian side if they've lapsed.

Civilian EMT-P test is now required to pass SOCM, which leads me to believe there is no way to "convert" a W1 into paramedic.

I would try and find a local EMS service hire you and agree to pay your way if you need the certs and can't pay out of pocket.
Do not waste your time..... he never followed instructions and has never posted again.

Are you still in the course?
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 14:45   #5
raves614
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Do not waste your time..... he never followed instructions and has never posted again.

Are you still in the course?
I am, finishing up SFMS shortly.
raves614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 13:45   #6
cback0220
Quiet Professional

I understand the OP is FTFSI. However, for others in the same boat, most ACLS,PHTLS, BLS, PALS, etc, can be recertified online for money. Unless an organization requires AHA classes, which most do not, you can take all these classes online for a fee, and regain your certification. If you have the around $1000 bucks to shell out to totally recert, it is an option. As an example, where I currently work we do an in house version of BLS/ACLS, called ART(advanced Resuscitation Therapy) however CRNA programs require an up to date ACLS and BLs cert. I went online and recertified all those certs. It was expensive up front, roughly around a $1000 dollars, but my institution is union and reimbursed me. Maybe this will help some of our lapsed 18D’s get their shit updated.