Old 03-28-2020, 07:15   #1
Longstreet
Guerrilla

DIY Pullup Bar.

Jayson here and I am looking to make a pullup bar in my backyard. I have been doing some research on the internet and it seems pretty straight forward - two 4x4 stuck in the ground with a bar in the middle. With regards to the bar, I understand its diamater is personal preference; however I am uncertain how far off the ground it should be. I also am not certain how wide the bar should be.

I have been trying to get some "official" military specs, but so far nothing. Has anyone put something like this together? Tips or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.
--Haim Ginott--

Last edited by Longstreet; 04-16-2021 at 23:15.
Longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:52   #2
7624U
Quiet Professional

don't know official but this gives good dimensions and idea's https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/449234131560523989/

biggest thing is your feet don't touch the ground when at a full hang that's why most military bars have steps on the inside of the 4x4 pole.

see pic https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hYUXfh5fljA/maxresdefault.jpg

"Me"

Last edited by 7624U; 03-29-2020 at 05:57.
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:10   #3
Longstreet
Guerrilla

Jayson here and thanks for the response. I finally zeroed in on a video found on ******* titled "DIY Extreme Outdoor Pullup Bar" which I will be basing my build on. I will have a look at your links and see if I am missing anything.

Thanks again for responding.
I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.
--Haim Ginott--

Last edited by Longstreet; 04-16-2021 at 23:14.
Longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote