Old 04-20-2020, 14:50   #1
CSM-H
Quiet Professional

Winchester .17 HMR

Hey to all just a heads up. Bought myself a new Henry Varmint Express in the 17HMR. Picked it up at Bass Pro, as I was already there and had a $10 coupon I picked up some Winchester 17HMR ammo.

Well to say the very least, I was not happy. Had three misfires in 25 rounds. All three round were "struck" and did not fire. Also cause two jams in the receiver, which I believe may be because of a slight difference in case/head measurement.

Anyway, just wanted to throw out one guys experience, I have written Winchester, but no response as yet. stay safe out there. CSM-H
CSM-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 20:08   #2
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Have not used Winchester but successfully killed a number of prairie dogs Friday using Hornady .17, it was friends rifle. I think they were V-Max's.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 14:11   #3
CSM-H
Quiet Professional

Winchester Varmint HV

Winchester contacted me today, they want all the numbers of the box (which I had to put in the e-mail I sent) and then want me to send them what is left. Will reimburse me "one box".... glad I didn't fire more!!
CSM-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:35   #4
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Price of AMMO:

Does anyone know of an Ammunition Supplier that has 9x19 147 grain ammo for under .50/round ? and has it in stock ?
Old 08-30-2020, 04:22   #5
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSM-H View Post
Hey to all just a heads up. Bought myself a new Henry Varmint Express in the 17HMR. Picked it up at Bass Pro, as I was already there and had a $10 coupon I picked up some Winchester 17HMR ammo.

Well to say the very least, I was not happy. Had three misfires in 25 rounds. All three round were "struck" and did not fire. Also cause two jams in the receiver, which I believe may be because of a slight difference in case/head measurement.

Anyway, just wanted to throw out one guys experience, I have written Winchester, but no response as yet. stay safe out there. CSM-H
Is it true all that’s left now is .17 hmr? .243 , 30.06 n other hunting caliber?

A contractor who recently came from conus told me to with the above for I want to build a prs rifle w ammo availability

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:26   #6
RCummings
Guerrilla

My area and surrounding towns have next to zero handgun caliber ammunition. Rifle and shotgun ammo is still available.

V/R

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 13:57   #7
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

AMMUNITION & RELOADING COMPONENTS:

The big distributors Midway, Brownells, are OUT OF STOCK, manufactures who make ammunition and powder, primers, and shell casings are also out of stock. The Gun shops and Ranges in my AO are limiting ammo to 1 box per visit/day.

Seems there is a HUGH DEMAND for ammo & reloading supplies. Ranges are not that busy with people firing weapons, my guess is a larger population of concerned people are stocking up & hoarding supplies. Next the bartering for ammo and components for reloading will begin...Anybody seeing prices increasing for 9mm .40S&W .45ACP .38 spl/.357mag...Sig-Sauer 9mm 115gr brass case FMJ is @ $1.00/round a box of 50 cartridges cost $49.95 + shipping...