Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 07-23-2009, 21:14   #46
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

No heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
Oh yeah .. right THERE... No problem finding the real sore spot.

How often to I poke at it like you just told me? Heat before? ROM excercised after? Ice?
Press and hold the center of the dense tissue about every four or five hours too much is too much and the released tissue needs time to release fluids and circulate blood. Dave
Use ice all the time no heat.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:10   #47
dac
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILON View Post

4. Give advice without giving your credentials to be doing so. Not having the proper credentials or at least a degree in exercise science or a related subject cause me to question. Maybe this has been stated before and I missed it? So, If I am wrong, please let me know.

I would argue that it is as much art as science. The anatomy and kinesiology are definitely scientific, but when every person has different goals, limits, body type, etc, exercise science is not very precise.

As with all experts, some are great, some need to be freed up to seek new opportunity. YMMV.
dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:26   #48
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
I appreciate the writings that may assist in a defense of the Blitz.
I grant the lack of documentation, is a need for many to acept something this new. there is really no other system that delivers these results.
It has been used for over 17 years. many attempts have been made to reach the professional levels but "they" spend too much money for what ever program they use now and are not willing to gamble on something seemingly so unlikely as the blitz.

regardless of the documentation or lack of, the results have always been consistant and never less than the 20% best over lifetime best. Endurance levels are over doubled. I have witnessed this for over 17 years in private uses and in A Physical Therapy clinic.
This is never a Sales pitch , it is a Brag, as the consistancy is very specific and fined tuned.
Joint protection is greatly inhanced.
I have delt with Athletic trainers, Coaches, exercise Phyiologist, and PT's for a long time. The suggested fear and worries expressed here have been addressed many times over.
A simple list includes No overuse syndrome
No Ligament Sprains or ruptures
No tendonitis,strains, or ruptures
No cartilage damage
No DOMS
I feel sometimes that the results should be reduced for those who won't accept these. It would be more in line with the "norm" to be sore after workouts and to suffer tendonitis or tendon tears.
As to full body exercises that is made easier when all the parts are so much stronger and with the greater endurance.

I'll let the experts here who have never used this system and can so rightly judge it based on what they do know have at it. Any one still interested in the system can get it from me by E- mail. Those of you presently useing it , do send some status update as I may be able to eventually convince the flat worlders of it greatness. A salute to you all. BLITZZZ
Blitzzz,

Don't let Sean start to set you up for a pissing contest...... He's not worth it,you know your system works great and if he doesn't, well screw him.....

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28   #49
MILON
Guerrilla

Dac,

Very much agreed! Designing of programs definitely has an art to it. The science part comes into play when we want to find the results of any given program. Testing before and after is crucial for each individual athlete. Without this we dont know if we are getting the results wanted.

MILON
MILON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 19:52   #50
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Where is this program?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 20:05   #51
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Press and hold the center of the dense tissue about every four or five hours too much is too much and the released tissue needs time to release fluids and circulate blood. Dave
Use ice all the time no heat.
I can do that.

straight and to the point.

you got it, boss. dealing with the pain is not the issue.. i just need someone to tell me when I need to listen to the pain or ignore it. Thanks.

Hey, you do know that Jim Beam works just as well as motrin to reduce pain.... not sure of it's anti inflammitory abilities though...My shoulder doesn't hurt at all right now!!! just thought you'd want to know...

END OF THREAD HIJACKK!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 20:09   #52
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Beam?

'Ole Jim is usually good for some pain. It causes me to do painful things. LOL

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-30-2009, 17:26   #53
olhamada
Guerrilla

Great Program

I've gotta say, at first I was skeptical about Blitz's claims, but after seeing it in action/trying it out, it is everything Blitz says it is. In what other exercise do you move over 15,000 pounds in one minute without injury while getting an incredible aerobic and strengthening workout? (Yes, I said over 15,000 pounds in one minute).

Blitz was generous and kind enough to meet me, tell me the history and rationale, design a workout program for me, and take me through a cycle of it yesterday. After just three exercises and three minitues (one half of one cycle), I was winded, my muscles were screaming, and my heart rate was as high as if I had been sprinting all out for three minutes.

Blitz, thank you for your time, patience, and discovery. I can't wait to see what happens over the next 8 weeks.
"And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom?"- Braveheart

de Oppresso Liber

Last edited by olhamada; 07-30-2009 at 19:18.
olhamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29   #54
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

additional Blitz instructions (basic Setup)

Blitz letter to clients

I am very glad that you are using the Blitz. I will give you the best advice I can offer, and you may not believe what I'm passing on to you.

Before I start let me just add that the things you are doing for a total workout are just fine. Having said that, my advice is to stop all other activities except moderate rucks about twice a week for your carry posture and foot conditioning. Delay all the other stuff and work a Blitz program for eight weeks. Why, you are wondering? I promise you the absolute best ever conditioning you will ever acquire by just Blitzing alone. The Blitz, run with 6 to 8 exercises and done as written, will produce unimaginable strength and endurance.

For you to achieve the max from the system, you build a “circuit” of 6 to 8 exercises. Work to do three circuits per workout. Do all exercises and circuits as written and pay attention the performance points (included), and read your numbers as the examples I sent.

EXAMPLE OF A CIRCUIT

1. Seated Lat Pulls,
2. Seated rows,
3. Chest press,
4.Half squats,
5. Hamstring curls,
6. Bicep curls,
7. Seated straight heel raises on a leg press,
8 Seated knee extensions.

1st phase of the Blitz is day one. On the first day you will do each exercise of the circuit. On each exercise you will determine “start weight” and “Goal” reps for each exercise. (As written)AND burn one minute each.

2nd phase is the endurance phase and will take about two and half weeks (your goal here is to be doing three circuits at start levels),

3rd phase is the strengthening phase and should be sufficient at end of the 8th week. (Note; no one has ever maxed this system out. Do this religiously and the results will be unmatched by all the other things you are trying now).

After the 8th week of Blitz, return to any of the other things you wish to be proficient in Rucking, Swimming, sprinting, etc, but remember you will then be able to do them with tremendous strength and endurance with no worry of tendon/ligament strains or tears.

Just an aside, most people can start blitzing without warm ups or other pre conditioning. You WILL NOT loose out by stopping all other activities while Blitzing the 8 weeks.

I intensely wish you the best, and don't progress the Blitz, let it progress you.
Dave Boltz

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 08-02-2009 at 08:34.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:36   #55
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Blitz follow ups

I would really like to have either here or by PM any blitz follow up or status reports on blitz usage. there are over 90 folks on this site that have aquired Blitz material. I have a need for follow up data. Thanks Blitzzz

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 08-07-2009 at 21:52.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:05   #56
dac
Guerrilla

I have a comment and a question.

I am looking forward to Blitzing because I hit a plateau, I have been waiting to start until I moved but that is finished now and I am ready to start Blitzing. I can take very detailed notes if you like.

Here is my question. Rugby practice is starting this month and I will be getting back to that also. The practices are not very strenuous, mainly running and drills. I know that doing anything concurrent with Blitz will reduce the effectiveness. Should I go ahead and start Blitzing and accept the reduced gains or should I wait until the season is over? (~4 months)

thanks

david
Old 08-07-2009, 11:19   #57
jlcoad
Quiet Professional

old dog, new tricks

Quote:
because there is a Blitz SOP for rehab. I can send you one and you can discuss ir with your PT or Doc. Dave (Blitzzz) Boltz
Blitzzz, I have been reading this thread off and on since I joined this site last month and your system really interests me. My goal was to be able to do 60 on my 60th next January. Well that goal is now in jeopardy. I had neck surgery last December to ream out some vertebrae and the rehab is taking a lot more time than I like. I have been doing a light chest, arms and shoulder workout with a pair of 35lb dumbbells and a jar of Percocet - probably too heavy - but the workout seems to be helping slightly - not enough help and too much pain.
Anyway after reading about your system I can see where this might be the answer I have been looking for.
Just wanted to add this to all the other praise you have been getting. I'll try to keep accurate records and let you know the results.

Last edited by jlcoad; 08-07-2009 at 15:03. Reason: Removing incoherent ravings of an old man
jlcoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 21:51   #58
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Shouldn't be a problem...

DAC, The first two weeks and half is about where the "endurance phase" runs it's course and you start weight increases.(strengthening phase)
With the Rugby work outs just beware of injurys. The blitz will work well, reduces expectations are still better than you may imagine. Dave

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-11-2009, 12:18   #59
dac
Guerrilla

I did day 1 yesterday. I didn't know what to expect as far as level of exertion so I was not properly prepared. (It should be easy lifting such light weights, no?) I'm sure my weights will need to be adjusted but I didn't feel like figuring out my max on a cable machine and dividing by three; I made an educated guess and let it rock. My lat pull machine lets the weights free-float too much so that slowed me down quite a bit on that exercise.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised but at the same time I hate you. I thought I was going to barf after the first circuit so I called it quits. Wednesday I will go for two circuits.

Exercise | Weight |Reps
-------------------------------
Lat Pulls | 80 | 55
Seated Rows | 70 | 59
Chest Press | 100 | 62
Half Squats | 0 | 82
Hamstring Curls | 50 | 50
Bicep Curls | 35 | 51
Calf Raises | 0 | 61
Knee Extensions | 50 | 59
Old 08-11-2009, 14:37   #60
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
I did day 1 yesterday. I didn't know what to expect as far as level of exertion so I was not properly prepared. (It should be easy lifting such light weights, no?) I'm sure my weights will need to be adjusted but I didn't feel like figuring out my max on a cable machine and dividing by three; I made an educated guess and let it rock. My lat pull machine lets the weights free-float too much so that slowed me down quite a bit on that exercise.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised but at the same time I hate you. I thought I was going to barf after the first circuit so I called it quits. Wednesday I will go for two circuits.

Exercise | Weight |Reps
-------------------------------
Lat Pulls | 80 | 55 ---Sugest reducing weight to 1/3 your body.
Seated Rows | 70 | 59 ---May drop to 60 lbs and see if reps increase
Chest Press | 100 | 62 --- Unless you bench 300 lbs this is too much.
Half Squats | 0 | 82 ---Seems pretty light (LOL) Try half your body weight on this one.
Hamstring Curls | 50 | 50 ---Adjust weight down by 20% (41.6 lbs)
Bicep Curls | 35 | 51 ---Drop to 25 lbs
Calf Raises | 0 | 61 ---Body weight plus 2/3rds to start
Knee Extensions | 50 | 59 --- Weight look okay but rep speed is really low for Knee extesions Had one guy doing 142 RPMS.
DAC, I'll sugest some changes on this sheet..Okay?

Thomas Jefferson