Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Hall of Heroes > POW/MIA

Old 04-24-2009, 21:42   #16
alright4u
Quiet Professional

40 years Ago Today

About 2100 hours 40 years ago today. CPT Harrison told me what happened.

I was none to happy.

RIP Jerry.

Jon
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:26   #17
Nubsnstubs
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by alright4u View Post
About 2100 hours 40 years ago today. CPT Harrison told me what happened.

I was none to happy.

RIP Jerry.

Jon
If I don't sound too presumptuous, can you elaborate...and who is Cpt. Harrison? ......... Jerry Marcantel, brother of Lt. Marcantel
Nubsnstubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 18:42   #18
bluebb
Quiet Professional

Mad Dog

I took the family to Discovery Park in Seattle awhile back. I saw a small military cemetery there on what used to be Fort Lawton. I know he was never recovered but here is his headstone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mad dog.jpg (56.3 KB, 147 views)

NOUS DEFIONS
bluebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 22:18   #19
Nubsnstubs
Asset

I have a bunch of pictures pertinant to this thread. Dan Hall, Major Kapp, Jamison,Harrigan, O'Rourke, Shrivers radio operator( Y=Drin), Klaus, and probably more that do not have names. The pictures of Major Kapp, Dan Hall, O'Rourke,and the FAC (name unknown) were taken after the 4-24-69 mission. The pictures of Jamison, Harrigan, Y=Drin and Klause were taken 4-23-69. These pictures were taken by Lt. Marcantel before and after the mission. If there is any interest, I'll post these pictures.
It looks like Shriver has been forgotten as there isn't much activity in this thread....... Jerry Marcantel
Old 05-24-2014, 23:03   #20
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubsnstubs View Post
I have a bunch of pictures pertinant to this thread. Dan Hall, Major Kapp, Jamison,Harrigan, O'Rourke, Shrivers radio operator( Y=Drin), Klaus, and probably more that do not have names. The pictures of Major Kapp, Dan Hall, O'Rourke,and the FAC (name unknown) were taken after the 4-24-69 mission. The pictures of Jamison, Harrigan, Y=Drin and Klause were taken 4-23-69. These pictures were taken by Lt. Marcantel before and after the mission. If there is any interest, I'll post these pictures.
It looks like Shriver has been forgotten as there isn't much activity in this thread....... Jerry Marcantel
I don't think he, or any of our fallen are "forgotten", nor is it appropriate for you to say that, especially this time of year.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:32   #21
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubsnstubs View Post
Mr Marcantel,

We never forget our brothers that have passed away, every. Nor do we dwell on those losses. You might file it as a partial definition of Quite Professionals.

As to the pictures, If you have the permission of the Marcantel family, they would be much appreciated.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:46   #22
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

What JJ & TR said x10!! WE NEVER FORGET AND I MEAN NEVER!!!!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:59   #23
Kasik
Quiet Professional

Rest in peace

May God bless and keep you always in the palm of His hand, MSGT Shriver.
Old 05-25-2014, 14:56   #24
Nubsnstubs
Asset

Looks like I poked a hornets nest, but at least you responded. I've been a member here for over a year now, and have made this offer to several people and absolutely no response from anyone... Also, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of the men we lost on 4-24-69. And since I have the pictures, it's even more relevant....
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of Shriver that I know of. Total pictures range from 250 to 400 taken by Marcantel during his year in VN. Also, I'm wondering who in the Marcantel family I need to contact to get permission to make these pictures public.
I previously made a mistake on Y-Drin's job. Instead of radio operator, he was Shriver's squad leader. I hope his picture shows up. This picture is captioned,"21 April, 69 Quan Loi, Y-Drin Nie - MIA Squad leader Shrivers squad"..
I'll post the pictures of the other people I mentioned in the previous post in 2 weeks.
Does anyone know how I could contact Paul Cahill?...... Jerry Marcantel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Y=Drin.jpg (106.0 KB, 129 views)
Old 05-25-2014, 17:16   #25
Kasik
Quiet Professional

Post Photos

Frankly, I feel it's a great gesture to post selected photos and particularly of MSG Shriver on this Memorial Day rememberence.

"The right photo is worth 1000 words" and I agree, we are only strengthened when we see part of the life we are reading about.

I learned about Jerry Shriver from CCN 1-0 and SOA founder Jim Butler (RT Python) now many years ago. It was great The DROP did the recent story about him.

So, please, post what you feel appropriate (especially of Klaus).

I didn't know til now MSG Shriver is memorialized up in Seattle. I'll make it a point to visit and pay respects / leave a GBF coin.
Old 05-25-2014, 17:22   #26
Kasik
Quiet Professional

Further Info / Photo of Klaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebb View Post
I took the family to Discovery Park in Seattle awhile back. I saw a small military cemetery there on what used to be Fort Lawton. I know he was never recovered but here is his headstone.
See the included link with additional information and several photos to include one of MSG Shriver and, I believe, Klaus, as posted by his dad.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=20196362&
Old 05-25-2014, 17:34   #27
Kasik
Quiet Professional

Additional links and photos

See below - there's a great deal of information / tribute material out there, for sure.

http://army.togetherweserved.com/arm...erson&ID=68593

http://taskforceomegainc.org/s139.html

http://170th.org/FOB2/Shriver-Jerry-M.html

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...1-29-07-a.html

http://ccs-sog.org/Shriver.html
Old 05-26-2014, 10:14   #28
Nubsnstubs
Asset

Kasik, those are good links. Thanks for posting them. There are a few tidbits of new stuff that I hadn't seen before. In the links you provided, I found more names that are in a diary or captioned on pictures I have.
My interest in 4-24-69 is my brother Walt was one of the guys in that crater with Cahill and Jamison. I have his diary, and keep threatening to type it up and post it, but just haven't started yet.
I don't know what his job there was, but his clearance was top secret. I have an 8mm film of his that shows a prisoner with a bag over his head being taken off a chopper and taken into a room for interrogation. Don't have a clue what the deal was as I don't think there is any audio, and the projector broke while watching it.
I don't have a scanner, so my wife usually takes pictures of pictures, and then sends them to me from her computer. She's out of town until next Sunday, so when she gets back, I'll get the pictures of the guys I mentioned earlier. The best one is of Dan Hall. I believe I have one of Cahill with a bandage on his face and eye.
I would sure like to get in contact with Cahill if anyone can help......... Jerry Marcantel
Old 05-26-2014, 11:50   #29
Kasik
Quiet Professional

Email me

Jerry - email me at greg@greenberetfoundation.org - Kasik sends
Old 05-28-2014, 18:36   #30
Kasik
Quiet Professional

Section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebb View Post
I am in Seattle tomorrow. Which section of cemetery, please? Thanks!