Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2004, 18:45   #1
skipjack
Auxiliary

Post Question about 18x

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I wasn't sure where to post this question so I figured here would be a good place. I recently went up to MEPS to enlist under the 18x contract. I needed an eye waiver for PRK and my recruiter said everything was good to go and that I would be able to get 18x. Well, once I got through medidal and everything, I sat down with my counselor and he said that I could not get 18x because any medical waiver DQ's me from Airborne school. So, instead I received an 11x contract with a "Statement of intent for Special Forces." Does anyone know what exactly that means, if it means anything at all?

Then they told me that once I was in I would be able to go to Airborne but I can not get it intially in my contract. This sounded like a huge lie to me and I said I was walking away. But, my recruiter said to take it and we'll try to renegotiate the contract. Does any of this sound right to anyone, or are they all taking me for a ride?

My intent was to go Special Forces, but I understand that if I do not make it I will be in infantry. That is something that I am willing to deal with and would be proud to serve my country any way that I can, but I at least wanted the opportunity to try for SF. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-skipjack
skipjack is offline   Reply With Quote