Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 02-24-2023, 21:28   #46
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

Thank you, Box, for your reply. BTW, Nikki Haley's name was only mentioned once in that article because it wasn't about her. It was about the UN's "Global Migration Pact" in general. However, the fact that Nikki Haley was all on board with keeping the United States in an abomination that the Obamanation initially committed us to was what was important. Donald Trump (and by extension, the American people) didn't just say "NO.", but Hell NO!"

For what it's worth, I don't think the globalist scum will allow Donald Trump anywhere near the White House in 2024. They'll pull the same scheisse that they pulled in 2020 x 10 to keep that from happening. But it doesn't matter. President Trump still has my vote.
Old 02-25-2023, 00:01   #47
MR2
Quiet Professional

Box said, "act now". If you really want to influence who will become the nominee, you should have started last year or even longer ago.

Here's how (YMMV as laws, rules, bylaws vary from state to state)! You become active in the party. Attend meetings (State, county, & local GOP meetings, GOP clubs, etc.). You get elected to positions. Most importantly, you get elected as a delegate to the county, CD, and state conventions. Critical - you get elected at the CD meeting to be a national delegate. Failing that, you can run as alternates during the State Convention (good luck).

Getting selected is a lot like a high school prom. A popularity contest of sorts, but fixed. You have to work at getting votes and convince a block to get you to the convention. Depending on your situation, you may have to act like an undercover operative. Eye on the goal.

(Milwaukee, WI - from July 15-18, 2024). Be prepared to spend at least $2k for travel/lodging for 5-6 days at the convention city. Get your rabies shots. Wear a wire.

In the end - you get to cast your vote (as many times as it takes to get the magic number). Look at the recent Speaker vote for example, or the 2016 CO/TX gambit.

Find someone in your state that's been through the process and ensure you know the laws, rules, bylaws stone-cold and can instantly pull up copies, know the process and the allowed tips/tricks you can use to get the job done.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:11   #48
JimP
Quiet Professional

Excellent rant Box. I said Trump failed to "take the shot." Box laid it out in a dissertation that can't be contradicted.

Ok...Box...., check it out....listen...., give this one some thought......are you ready?

Kristi Noem. Walking onto the stage in...get this: a light coat of oil. a Stetson. chaps. Cowboy boots. nothing else. nothing.

The crowd goes quiet......a tumbleweed blows across the background......one can here a lonesome train whistle far off in the distance....and there she is: oil, Stetson, chaps, cowboy boots.

Yup. I'm in.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 10:35   #49
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

In 2016, Democrats wanted Trump to run because they thought he would be easy to beat, so they didn’t undermine him, via their media proxies, during the candidacy phase.
They underestimated how much contempt the electorate had for Hillary.

After years of media warfare, and many missteps, Trump has massive negatives attached to him and the Democrats/media have figured out his weaknesses.
There are probably many on that side who want him to run again and may be trying to force the issue through legal threats (running is the best way for him to protect himself).

For them, the ideal situation would be a contentious nomination process where Trump has all sorts of baggage.
They want him to go scorched earth against the other potential nominees.

This would leave the base divided and the ultimate nominee weakened.
The Democrats could then run an establishment candidate and still win with the help of some election shenanigans.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)

Last edited by GratefulCitizen; 02-25-2023 at 10:59.
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:52   #50
mark46th
Quiet Professional

For all of Trump's personal faults, he got 3, I repeat, 3 conservatives appointed to the Supreme Court. I will vote for whomever the Republicans nominate.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 16:26   #51
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Excellent rant Box. I said Trump failed to "take the shot." Box laid it out in a dissertation that can't be contradicted.

Ok...Box...., check it out....listen...., give this one some thought......are you ready?

Kristi Noem. Walking onto the stage in...get this: a light coat of oil. a Stetson. chaps. Cowboy boots. nothing else. nothing.

The crowd goes quiet......a tumbleweed blows across the background......one can here a lonesome train whistle far off in the distance....and there she is: oil, Stetson, chaps, cowboy boots.

Yup. I'm in.
Welp, ok. I thought you were workin' on another book... is this like a trailer?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 23:41   #52
Box
Quiet Professional

Did somebody say ‘chaps’ ???
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 03:12   #53
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Did somebody say ‘chaps’ ???
I'll bet they're even assless...
Old 02-26-2023, 11:44   #54
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
I'll bet they're even assless...
Well, that didn't take very long now did it?
Old 02-27-2023, 02:57   #55
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Well, that didn't take very long now did it?
You expected less??...
Old 02-27-2023, 07:55   #56
exsquid
Quiet Professional

Non-assless chaps are called, "pants"!

x/S
Old 02-27-2023, 08:39   #57
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post
Non-assless chaps are called, "pants"!

x/S
hahahahaha...that's funny right there.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 17:28   #58
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

You funny Glebosan.

As a conservative Populist, I am a supporter of Donald Trump and have long thought that his bombastic personality was exactly what is needed to uproot the administrative state that our Constitutional Republic has devolved into. Until last night that is.

I heard Ron Desantis' interview with Mark Levin. He explained his governance philosophy as "reconstitutionalizing" the executive and legislative branches of government. His strategy is to keep on offense to keep the bureaucracy in a defensive posture on its back foot. We see the effectiveness of this strategy in Florida.

My support is shifting to Ron Desantis. The primary election season should be very interesting. No assless chaps required!
Old 02-27-2023, 18:32   #59
bubba
Quiet Professional

So….. my inner pattern analysis guy sees:

1) A retarded guy who sounds like a Jerry’s kid is in the Oval Office

2) He followed a guy who was impeached (wrongfully)

3) The likely Republican nominee is a guy named “Ron” from a populous costal state

Yeah…. Lesgo Brandun against Ron 2.0…….. I like those odds
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 21:27   #60
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
You funny Glebosan.

My support is shifting to Ron Desantis. The primary election season should be very interesting. No assless chaps required!

Watch who supports him - and why. Also, Ron DeSantis has current obligations to the people who voted him in as governor of Florida. You can check me on this; but I believe that once DeSantis announces his candidacy for president for the 2024 election he must relinquish his power as FL governor.

Something to remember is that President Trump was able to run - and win - because he was beholden to no "big donors". He had his own money, as well as that of the "little guys" (like us) that wanted him to win. DeSantis doesn't have that kind of money. He's going to need "big donors" and will be thus beholden to them. This article might outline the problem:

Florida Governor DeSantis Brings Politicians and Donors to Palm Beach to Discuss His Presidential Aspirations
By Joe Hoft Feb. 27, 2023 11:15 am
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...al-aspirations

"The New York Post, a Rupert Murdoch enterprise, appears to be behind DeSantis’s campaign efforts:

With presidential buzz building, Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis hosted 150 donors and influencers at a Palm Beach retreat this weekend — and plans to headline GOP events across the country in the coming weeks.

DeSantis — aiming to broadcast his brand well beyond Tallahassee — unveiled a new video at the event touting his “Florida Blueprint” as the political antidote to a deepening national malaise.

The Republican unveiled the spot to backers at the Four Seasons resort in Palm Beach, where an influential mix of high-dollar donors, supportive lawmakers and conservative commentators were assembled.

The guest list included Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), Sen Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.), along with pundits Ann Coulter, Dave Rubin and Libs of TikTok creator Chaya Raichik.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis hosts a donor retreat as buzz builds around him as a presidential candidate.AFP via Getty Images

Mick Mulvaney, who once served as former President Donald Trump’s White House chief of staff before jumping ship after the Jan. 6 Capitol melee, also was on hand for the Palm Beach gathering.

'Failure is a choice,' DeSantis states in his video ad, which draws from his inauguration speech in January. 'Success is attainable. Freedom is worth fighting for.'"

The Conservative Treehouse also reported on the event.

"As previously noted, this weekend Team DeSantis held an event. 'Four Seasons resort in Palm Beach, Florida, including wealthy Republican donors and conservative social-media influencers.'

From my perspective the framework was clear in the middle of last year. This weekend’s gathering in Palm Beach is essentially an outcome of the Billionaire Sea Island group meeting. The Four Seasons event is an assembly of key people those managing Ron DeSantis have organized.

Christina Pushaw has been working on this operation since she entered the orbit of Ron DeSantis. All of the activity is a previously planned series of events. The current emphasis is to enlist the former Cruz Crew in the DeSantis effort.

According to surfacing reports attendees this weekend included: Governors: Kim Reynolds, Kevin Stitt, Bill Lee. Senators Tom Cotton, Mike Lee, Ron Johnson. Congress: Thomas Massie, Chip Roy as well as Adam Laxalt, Jim Lamon and Dana Loesch. All former Cruz Crew members.

About the Inversion – Money is flowing from the billionaire multinational and Wall Street groups (Sea Island folks) into various political action committees, SuperPACs, RGA networks and right-leaning establishment republican think tanks and NGO type political organizations. This is all 'stop Trump' money."

One other thing: The "Never Trump" crowd would love for DeSantis to run. Both Trump and DeSantis would wind up bloodied from any so-called "debates". That will do neither of them any good; and will result in acrimony among the conservative base - Trump's base, as well as those who favor DeSantis.