Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Middle East

Old 03-26-2015, 06:34   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

We need a global scoreboard.......

So,

Iran is now backing the rebels in Yemen (shiite I'm sure) and attacking ISIS (sunnis) in Iraq. The USA is backing the muslim brotherhood sunnis in Syria who are fighting the Syrian shia government. Kurds are fighting the ISIS sunnis and the Turks (sunni) would like to kill all the Kurds (shia/Iranian). Saudis (sunni) are attacking the shia rebels in Yemen while secretly funding the sunnis in Iraq, Syria and probably Boko Haram (sunni) in Africa.

I'm sure Iran would like to attack Saudi Arabia but it's backed by the US.

And now the USA is supporting Iranian ground troops in Iraq with air strikes.

And the muslim in the White House is easing nuclear sanctions against Iran. What better time for Iran to invent a nuclear weapon and employ it.

All the while Israelis are quietly having a coke.

I don't know how you did it but well done Israel.....
Old 03-26-2015, 06:54   #2
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Why does it feel as though the US is giving Yemen to the Iranian backed rebels and playing dead on Iran's nukes in exchange for Iran to fight ISIL(S)?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:14   #3
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Good summery TS but, this, "my brother's enemy is my enemy," stuff will only go so far to appease the rulers of each kingdom. They will all gladly turn on us and Israel and any other Christian loving (read infidels) country in a nano-second if given the chance.

Someone is playing UW rather well and I assure you it's not the WH.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:42   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

...well, I just know that my fucking gas tank ain't getting any cheaper to fill.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:28   #5
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Why does it feel as though the US is giving Yemen to the Iranian backed rebels and playing dead on Iran's nukes in exchange for Iran to fight ISIL(S)?
You don't know the Iranians, they will fight sunnis anywhere they can find them. And they are the very reason we did not destroy the Iraqi war machine in 1991. Had we destroyed every Iraqi piece of equipment we would have caused a power vacuum leaving Iran (shiites) in power. The Saudis would have wet their pants had this happened.

As I said Saudis do not fight, but they do support with money and you can count on them supporting every/any sunni tribe in the world. They know they are safe as the American bases are located in their back yard. They hate Americans, yes, hate us but fear the shittes more.

And I know that the majority of Iraq is shiite but the Iraqi sunnis are brutal people and have held power in Iraq for centuries. Hence the constant fighting between Iran and Iraq.

Remove all the tribal "titles" and the islamic war boils down to two islamic tribes, shia and sunni. It's kinda like watching a chicken fight, neither want to fight each other but arm them and put them in close proximity and you'll have a fight.

The only thing stopping them from annihilating each other is geography and 6 billion infidels. That said they are currently working hard on killing each other and that's the way the Western world likes it, an unstable Middle East. That's the only time they leave the infidels alone is when they are busy killing each other.

And the good ole USA is backing both sides as we have done for decades. Probably a good approach overall. Keeps the balance. That said I think the sunnis have the upper hand with the muslim in the White House also backing the sunnis.

Should be an interesting next ten years.........
Old 03-26-2015, 08:36   #6
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Should be an interesting next ten years.........
Indeed.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:54   #7
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

I am familiar with the Sunni/Shitte differences among Iran-Iraq-Saudi and fully admit that I get cloudy outside that region.

Combining this administration's playing both sides seems to get more curious with his dealings regarding Israel. With the release of the Israeli nuclear secrets, he seems to be driving toward a full war in the ME. ....

Old 03-26-2015, 08:58   #8
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
I am familiar with the Sunni/Shitte differences among Iran-Iraq-Saudi and fully admit that I get cloudy outside that region.

Combining this administration's playing both sides seems to get more curious with his dealings regarding Israel. With the release of the Israeli nuclear secrets, he seems to be driving toward a full war in the ME. ....
You don't think bowing to the Saudi king was not an indicator of what's to come?

"The President of the United States Barack Obama greets King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia."
Old 03-26-2015, 09:37   #9
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
You don't think bowing to the Saudi king was not an indicator of what's to come?
It definitely indicated submission....but not necessarily war...

Old 03-26-2015, 09:48   #10
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Iran is now backing the rebels in Yemen
Maybe that is why the White House is sticking to its guns in using Yemen as a success story.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:02   #11
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Iran warns of 'dangerous step'

Oh this is just getting better and better......... we're starting a full scale sunni-shiite war......

Middle East

Saudi-led forces strike rebel bases in Yemen as Iran warns of 'dangerous step'

Published March 26, 2015
·FoxNews.com

A coalition of Arab nations led by Saudi Arabia launched airstrikes against military bases held by Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen early Thursday, as Iran warned that Riyadh was taking a "dangerous step."

The statement Thursday from Tehran's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham did not name Saudi Arabia but called the airstrikes an "invasion." The statement went on to claim that the campaign would worsen the already deteriorating security situation in Yemen.

Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya News reported that the kingdom had deployed 100 fighter jets, 150,000 soldiers and other navy units. News footage of the strikes aired by Saudi-owned Al-Hadath TV showed flashing lights and what sounded like machine gun fire.

Some of the strikes hit positions in Yemen's capital, Sanaa. In response, the Houthis, were calling on their supporters to protest in the city's streets on Thursday afternoon, Yemen's Houthi-controlled state news agency SABA reported.

The airstrikes were announced in a rare news conference late Wednesday, Eastern Time, by Saudi ambassador to the U.S. Adel al-Jubeir, who said the Saudis "will do anything necessary" to protect the people of Yemen and "the legitimate government of Yemen." Al-Jubeir said his government had consulted closely with the U.S. and other allies but that the U.S. military was not involved in the operations.

Later Wednesday, National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan said that President Obama had authorized the provision of logistical and intelligence support to the military operations She added that while U.S. forces were not taking direct military action in Yemen, Washington was establishing a Joint Planning Cell with Saudi Arabia to coordinate U.S. military and intelligence support.

The Saudi Press Agency published a statement by the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain saying they would answer a request from Yemen President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi "to protect Yemen and his dear people from the aggression of the Houthi militias which were and are still a tool in the hands of foreign powers that don't stop meddling with the security and stability of brotherly Yemen." Oman, the sixth member of the Gulf Cooperation Council, didn't sign onto the statement.

Cont:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...angerous-step/
Old 03-26-2015, 18:24   #12
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Turkish President lashes out at Iran

Looks like Turkey is "fixin" to get mad at Iran, and warning them not to interfere with Erdogan's plans for a Turkish Caliphite. If Russia does not step in, look for Turkey to fill the vacuum -- Erdogan has plans.

SnT

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday lashed out at Iran, accusing it of trying to dominate the Middle East and saying its efforts have begun annoying Ankara.

"Iran is trying to dominate the region," said Erdogan, who is due to visit Tehran in early April, according to Reuters.

"Could this be allowed? This has begun annoying us, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf countries. This is really not tolerable and Iran has to see this," he added in a press conference.

Erdogan said the conflict has evolved into a sectarian one and urged Iran to withdraw. "Iran has to change its view. It has to withdraw any forces, whatever it has in Yemen, as well as Syria and Iraq and respect their territorial integrity,"

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...4#.VRScEk05By0

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 19:51   #13
PSM
Area Commander

I'm confused. Is BO sunni or shia?

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 20:41   #14
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
He's the messiah get it straight.
D'oh! TS is right, can't tell the players without a program.

Wait. Is he the 12th Imam?

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 03-27-2015 at 20:44.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 21:26   #15
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Wait. Is he the 12th Imam?

Pat
If that be the case, then that would make him a Shiite, and seeing that his "Senior Advisor", The Whore of Babylon (aka Valerie Jarrett) is Iranian by birth, and IS the one pulling his strings and making policy, it would seem to fit.

But, seeing that he DID bow to the King of Saudi Arabia, who is Sunni, and is also backing the Sunnis in Syria and Northern Iraq (ISIS), it's tough to say just which team he's playing for.

But, if he IS the 12th Imam, then his doing the above actions, and from what is told would/will be happening in the M.E., it would tend to lean him more towards the Shiite camp.

I would say that in a matter like this, Occam's Razor would come into effect ....

I would still like to get a program to tell who is who.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote