Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Middle East

Old 01-24-2012, 10:37   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

'Islam Is Islam, And That's It'

The Arab Spring was not hijacked.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...pub_detail.asp

An interesting read. Most of which many of us knew already.

"The tumult indelibly dubbed “the Arab Spring” in the West, by the credulous and the calculating alike, is easier to understand once you grasp two basics. First, the most important fact in the Arab world — as well as in Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and other neighboring non-Arab territories — is Islam. It is not poverty, illiteracy, or the lack of modern democratic institutions. These, like anti-Semitism, anti-Americanism, and an insular propensity to buy into conspiracy theories featuring infidel villains, are effects of Islam’s regional hegemony and supremacist tendency, not causes of it. One need not be led to that which pervades the air one breathes..........................."
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:54   #2
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...pub_detail.asp

An interesting read. Most of which many of us knew already.

"The tumult indelibly dubbed “the Arab Spring” in the West, by the credulous and the calculating alike, is easier to understand once you grasp two basics. First, the most important fact in the Arab world — as well as in Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and other neighboring non-Arab territories — is Islam. It is not poverty, illiteracy, or the lack of modern democratic institutions. These, like anti-Semitism, anti-Americanism, and an insular propensity to buy into conspiracy theories featuring infidel villains, are effects of Islam’s regional hegemony and supremacist tendency, not causes of it. One need not be led to that which pervades the air one breathes..........................."
Pete

That cause is nothing less than Islamic dominance...........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 13:50   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Thanks for that link. That is worth circulating amongst one's circle & beyond. I'll go out on a limb & posit that the author doesn't have one of the VIP seats at tonight's State of the Union...
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 00:08   #4
wmaousley
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Thanks for that link. That is worth circulating amongst one's circle & beyond. I'll go out on a limb & posit that the author doesn't have one of the VIP seats at tonight's State of the Union...
Most likely not, This guy doesnt even recognize Islam for what it is. He refers to Islam as a culture. It really gets under my skin when so called "know-it-alls" try to mix religion with politics in foriegn cultures, yet they totally ignore it in their own back yard.

Ths title should read, "Islam is what the Author thinks it is".
wmaousley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38   #5
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
Most likely not, This guy doesnt even recognize Islam for what it is. He refers to Islam as a culture.
Ok then. What is Islam?

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:54   #6
Pete
Quiet Professional

The answer will depend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
Ok then. What is Islam?
The answer will depend on if you're an 80%er or a 20%er.

But the religion of peace was toasting some more civilians in Bagdad the last day or so.

Boko Haram is working hard to get out front in the church burning and civilian slaughtering tally count.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08   #7
CloseDanger
Guerrilla

Quote:
Ok then. What is Islam?
Islam is a political movement with spiritual undertones.
CloseDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06   #8
BOfH
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Depends where, Strafor[1] had an interesting analysis on the "Arab Spring" in Egypt, they make a good argument for its being manufactured by the military rulers.

[1]http://web.archive.org/web/20110716152601/http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20110213-egypt-distance-between-enthusiasm-and-reality
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42   #9
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaousley
Most likely not, This guy doesnt even recognize Islam for what it is. He refers to Islam as a culture.
Quote:
Ok then. What is Islam?

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
Old 01-31-2012, 10:16   #10
Richard
Quiet Professional

Buncha shit...just take your pick...
  • Taoism - Shit happens.
  • Hinduism - This shit happened before.
  • Islam - This shit is whack!
  • Buddhism - When shit happens, is it really shit?
  • 7th Day Adventists - Shit happens on Saturday.
  • Catholicism - Shit won't happen if I work harder.
  • Protestantism - If shit happens, I deserved it.
  • Jehovah's Witnesses - Knock, knock...shit happens.
  • Judaism - Why does shit always happen to me?
  • Harekrishna - Shit happens, rama rama ding dong!
  • Atheism - No shit.
  • Mormonism - Can you believe this shit!
  • TV Eangelism - Send more shit.
  • Rastafarianism - Let's smoke some shit.
And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:22   #11
glebo
Quiet Professional

^^^^ Richard...LMAO...good ones..
Old 01-31-2012, 11:32   #12
Pete
Quiet Professional

Muslims Declare Jihad on Dogs in Europe

http://www.stonegateinstitute.org/27...an-dogs-europe

".........In Spain, two Islamic groups based in Lérida -- a city in the northeastern region of Catalonia where 29,000 Muslims now make up around 20% of the city's total population -- asked local officials to regulate the presence of dogs in public spaces so they do not "offend Muslims."

Muslims demanded that dogs be banned from all forms of public transportation including all city buses as well as from all areas frequented by Muslim immigrants. Muslims said the presence of dogs in Lérida violates their religious freedom and their right to live according to Islamic principles.................."

They throw service dogs right in there with everything else.

Darn, there's that pesky 20% again. When they get to be 20% of the population....
Old 02-01-2012, 00:42   #13
wmaousley
Asset

Quote:

http://www.stonegateinstitute.org/27...an-dogs-europe

".........In Spain, two Islamic groups based in Lérida -- a city in the northeastern region of Catalonia where 29,000 Muslims now make up around 20% of the city's total population -- asked local officials to regulate the presence of dogs in public spaces so they do not "offend Muslims."

Muslims demanded that dogs be banned from all forms of public transportation including all city buses as well as from all areas frequented by Muslim immigrants. Muslims said the presence of dogs in Lérida violates their religious freedom and their right to live according to Islamic principles.................."

They throw service dogs right in there with everything else.

Darn, there's that pesky 20% again. When they get to be 20% of the population....

This is upsurd for them to ask for the limited presence of dogs "not to offend muslims". In Islam dogs are permitted 100%, I personally know quite a few who own dogs and treat them as if they were their own kids. Dogs are widly used for protection, sheep herding, hunting etc in Islamic countries and they are greatly respected.

For those opposed to dogs in public places because they are offended are not real muslims. Usually these people are Pakistani, Indian, Bangali, Srilankan.
wmaousley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:36   #14
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
This is upsurd for them to ask for the limited presence of dogs "not to offend muslims". In Islam dogs are permitted 100%, I personally know quite a few who own dogs and treat them as if they were their own kids. Dogs are widly used for protection, sheep herding, hunting etc in Islamic countries and they are greatly respected.

For those opposed to dogs in public places because they are offended are not real muslims. Usually these people are Pakistani, Indian, Bangali, Srilankan.
wmaousley,

You have still not answered the question, 'What is Islam?', that was posted earlier. While you are answering that question, also provide support for your claim that '...in Islam dogs are permitted 100%.' Is it your intent to come across as an Islamist apologist?

Old 02-04-2012, 23:28   #15
orion5
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaousley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX

Ok then. What is Islam?
wmaousley,

You live in the Middle East and work for Oil & Gas. You apparently have unique insight into Islam. I, too, would like to hear your answer.

o5
orion5 is offline   Reply With Quote