Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 05-10-2017, 10:07   #181
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
I'd like to think that the country boys would kick ass, but it did'nt work out that way in the "War of Northern Agression".
Actually in many circumstances they did, whether "on the line" or the Yankees being out-general'd for quite awhile; ultimately they were simply out-resourced in a variety of ways.

Follow-up to ODNT's nice idea, I don't imagine the metro denizens would be happy when their feel-good diversity-espousing "betters" in city hall turn into full-blown despots in front of their eyes to hold onto their own rice bowls. And those having sought sanctuary get hungry too. What do you mean those Walmart Distr Center trucks won't make deliveries? Logistics; it's what's for dinner.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 13:11   #182
frostfire
Area Commander

this thread got me into soul-searching mode, and this guy got a pretty level-headed perspective. Are we becoming useful idiots too? Is right vs left just a media built construct?

Thinking Strategically & Evading Engineered Conflict in a Manipulative World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgiqO5H4bM

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 13:28   #183
ddoering
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
I'd like to think that the country boys would kick ass, but it did'nt work out that way in the "War of Northern Agression".
Back then the north was a manufacturing giant compared to the south. Now, not so much.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 13:55   #184
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Frostfire,

Thanks for posting that link. I have a long drive coming up think I'll listen to this guy (Rex) talk for awhile. He seems to get it.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 14:20   #185
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Farmers and Ranchers would not even need a scorched earth. Blowing bridges and cutting off the urban areas would do the trick. Imagine NYC alone if the incoming bridges were blown and power was cut in 24 hours it would be one big Charlie Foxtrot.
Well, I was thinking of the psychological aspects of what that would do. On the plus side the city folks would be less inclined to stampede to the flyover states if they felt the food was all gone.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 05-10-2017, 14:37   #186
bblhead672
Area Commander

Is it probable that the "country" boys will have far better training and more rifles than the typical big city armed citizen?

I'd put bets on the country riflemen vs a pack of pistol packing city thugs.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 15:15   #187
Go Devil
Guerrilla Chief

As long as there is cable television and internet, this topic has no teeth.
Old 05-10-2017, 15:38   #188
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
this thread got me into soul-searching mode, and this guy got a pretty level-headed perspective. Are we becoming useful idiots too? Is right vs left just a media built construct?
That's a great question. I don't think just media, but it's useful to them and their consumers because it lets people rack & stack and (however it shakes out) being able to do so lends a comfort of sort (even when perhaps they should be not aligning with either one).

I recall some reading while proofing a friend's manuscript on the Polish Brygada during WW-II and they didn't play along with that construct as some other resistance groups did who, ultimately, paid the price for collaboration when the Germans were gone & the NKVD moved in & no longer needed them except in Siberia. The Brygada didn't buy "enemy of my enemy is my friend b.s." They regarded both as the enemy & their primary goal was to ensure survival of their culture in the face of extermination w/o getting into no-win actions that would call down the wrath from above. Objectivity is a bitch sometimes.

Go Devil, lol; yeah, till the EBT cards stop workin'...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 05-10-2017, 16:39   #189
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Devil View Post
As long as there is cable television and internet, this topic has no teeth.
Fair observation...while we still have both...could this topic then be considered electronic teething...?

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:08   #190
bblhead672
Area Commander

More diversity and tolerance from the left

Texas A&M Professor says white people may have to be killed

Quote:
Among other things, Curry says that black people should talk openly about murdering white people. In a youtube interview, he says that the murder of white people may be necessary for “black liberation.” Further, he suggests that white people need to fear blacks so much that they believe “death could come for them at any moment.”
Not hate speech according to the left. Reverse the colors and the professor is looking for a job tomorrow.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:01   #191
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post

Not hate speech according to the left. Reverse the colors and the professor is looking for a job tomorrow.
Racism...alive and well.

They've even changed the definition to (wrongly) suggest that only certain groups can be racist - another farce attempted to be shoved down people's throats.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 13:13   #192
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The AFFIRMATIVE ACTION QUOTA PROFESSOR?????

I hope Tommy is in the fight and not behind the action and just urging other's to do his bidding. I can envision tommy being stopped by white poo-lice for DUI, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and surprise a stolen loaded 9mm pistol, That the Poo-lice planted on him. This is a prelude to Tommy writing his autobiography"The Black-Boy- Not have any common sense....GIVE ME A F---ing BREAK.....tom kelly
Old 05-11-2017, 14:02   #193
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Racism...alive and well.

They've even changed the definition to (wrongly) suggest that only certain groups can be racist - another farce attempted to be shoved down people's throats.
Yes, the dicta from the pie-hole of Eric Holder rings on.

Old 05-11-2017, 16:31   #194
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post

What an arrogant POS that guy is. And of course you will never hear anyone from the left condemning his message; what do you say, Al "Plastic Wig " Sharpton. Chirp, chirp....he would probably say that it is not racist because the "black men" in this country are being oppressed by the white man; honkies.

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 19:40   #195
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

The professor is always welcome speak his mind at my house; I'll just tell him he acted stupidly.