Old 03-08-2011, 16:11   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

IED training Aids

Here is a Good Site to get IED training aids. Most of these are found at your Post Training Solider Support Center (TASSC). Just go down to check them out under a signature card like the one you have for the ASP. Visit your TASSC and they will provide an example. Only 4 people per SF Company typically.

Combat Training Solutions

Also, here is another good site to get good Demo Training Aids for Training Trips.

INERT PRODUCTS, INC.

Here is one for some great EOD and UXO training Aids. You will have to order them though Special Communications, LLC, (SPECOMM) which is the only USA Distributor. SPECOMM owner is a Former SF NCO. Which he also has some other great products too. You will find some of these at your Post TASSC too. Back in 2003 SF Groups got a Mine Set from USASFC. Most are gone, but you could ask around your Group.

www.miltra.com

NOW MOST OF THESE ARE AT YOUR POST TASSC. I'm posting these for your oversea training trips, if you can get them.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 03-08-2011 at 19:12.
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 19:39   #2
Independent
Asset

Very Nice

I like the sites and believe they can be very useful to R2C2 company or plt. I did not find anything on EFP's .Thanks for the Sites

-Combs
Independent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 21:44   #3
jbour13
Area Commander

VG, Call me tomorrow or PM me a good commercial email. I got an email while on vacation from a friend down at SOCOM that is looking for some feedback and input on a product that was showcased at SOFIC a few weeks ago in Tampa.

Some new field test kits for our favorite explosives and their chemical counterparts.

If you think it's worthwhile, post it up in another thread. This is outside my lane, but as usual, hookin' a brother up to hook the brothers up.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:30   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent View Post
I like the sites and believe they can be very useful to R2C2 company or plt. I did not find anything on EFP's .Thanks for the Sites

-Combs
Combs - Just like here on PS.com use the search button.

This is what I found, but they have many others. If all depends on what your looking for. Every EID site cost money now becuase of the threat. But the cost to benz IMHO out wiegh the effects.

http://www.inertproducts.com/inc/sdetail/1214

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
Old 06-22-2011, 05:25   #5
Independent
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Combs - Just like here on PS.com use the search button.

This is what I found, but they have many others. If all depends on what your looking for. Every EID site cost money now becuase of the threat. But the cost to benz IMHO out wiegh the effects.

http://www.inertproducts.com/inc/sdetail/1214
MtnGoat

I put my boot in my mouth after I posted that ,when I found the exact same thing.Very useful items they have,Thanks for you input SAPPER !

-Combs
Independent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:53   #6
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Thanks, This is why I placed this tread here with these link. So people can use them and pot their own that have worked for them.

I will say this, if any 18C's out have gotten anything and don't mind placing what justification was used for your request of purchase. Please post a general one or if guys can PM you if they are QPs. I would say post a link to what your got and how many and what was your Justification. With your justification put something more than just JCET training aid. Like what your Requriements were for the training item. Gerenal to whatever you want. I get asked reasons alot by guys is why I'm posting this.

This is for QPs only. Others, thanks, but your in a different Command. You will need to find out yourself what works for your unit(s).

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 03-01-2012, 13:28   #7
EODtony
Asset

I think this is a good topic, sorry if I'm rehashing an old thread. Just wanted to offer another resource we use in the EOD community. They do have a registration process to get information/catalog mostly for OPSEC reasons.

http://www.a-tsolutions.com/solutions/products.aspx

There is also a lot of good resources on the high side if your looking to replicate stuff found based on supported AO. If any one has questions PM me and we can talk via official channels if necessary. IED training is something I think is very important.
EODtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:50   #8
bluebb
Quiet Professional

do it yourself?

What ever happened to sending your team mates out to scrounge up IED components and then build their own. Use those for training.
Why do we have to buy stuff all the time. We are supposed to be able to build IED ourselves...or do they not teach 18Cs that any more? When did we start playing so much defence? We are supposed to be the roadside bombers are we not? Guess I am outta touch.

Blue

NOUS DEFIONS
bluebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 16:06   #9
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebb View Post
What ever happened to sending your team mates out to scrounge up IED components and then build their own. Use those for training.
Why do we have to buy stuff all the time. We are supposed to be able to build IED ourselves...or do they not teach 18Cs that any more? When did we start playing so much defence? We are supposed to be the roadside bombers are we not? Guess I am outta touch.

Blue

It all outsourced now BLUE. Come on now, what ODA does things theirselves? We ask others to do it becuase we have ODA memebers that don't know to do it. USASOC asking use to fill out SHARP and SSD training certificates.

All joking aside.... I say when your incountry. If your on BAF or KAF. If your a 18C or 18F, run your butts down to the JTF Paladin. They make kits that come in the Gorilla Boxes that are made by the link provided by EODTony. AT Solutions makes great CEXC IED replicates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebb View Post

Blue
Now at a fire base it is best to get what is being made there and build them and then train your ANA SAPPER teams. Great thing about the JTF Paladin training aids. I say get them, build your own and take the Buzzers, lights and Bells that show the device has been "tripped".

Also EODTony.. There maybe time that we need to "BUMP" a thread.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS