Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Comedy Zone

Old 03-31-2022, 10:46   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Smith vs Fox,, how the real world see it..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 277769996_10218677262796369_3588743398745455901_n.jpg (88.7 KB, 99 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:03   #2
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
good one!
Old 03-31-2022, 13:15   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

Once upon a time there was a guy...
...a simp really. Definitely more simp than man.

Sure, he was handsome, talented, wealthy beyond the imagination of most aMerikans, and most importantly, he cavorts with whores...
...I'm talking of course about LA Detective Mike Lowrey. He's cool. He's hip. He's a foot-loose and fancy free ladies' man that has recently lost his favorite call girl in a drug deal gone bad. So he is gonna get him some revenge on the folks that did his whore girl friend wrong.

Of course,many of you probably though I was talking about Air Force Captain Steven Hiller. You would be wrong. First off - Hiller is a movie character and even though he has a swagger about him and simp slaps an alien in the face after he tries to do Hillers family wrong - we all kow that aliens aren't "real" regardless of what the Navy says about UFOs.

Now, some of you may have though I was talking about NYPD officer James Darrell Edwards III - all of his friends call him Jay - he also slapped around a few aliens and got all "let me save the poor helpless woman" on everyone by wailing on an alien to protect a gal that he had the hots for...
...then he did it again to save ANOTHER girl that he had the hots for only to find out that SHE was an alien too.
C'mon man. ALIENS ARENT REAL - these are movie characters - not real people.

I could have been talking about U.S. Army virologist Robert Neville - a guy that risked it all to save mankind from itself during a time when a mysterious virus threatened everything and ruined the normalcy that mankind had become accustomed to. He doesn't mind risking it all to save the day even though the truth of the mater is - the "zombies" that he attacks are decent loving sentient beings with a demonstrable capacity to love and cherish one another - but it doesn't matter - they represent the misery in his life and those fucks are gonna pay.

You'd all be wrong - the same goes for those of you that may have though I was talking about the lead charachter in movies like Hitch, iRobot, or Enemy of the State - the "character" is always the same and they are still just characters in a movie.

Life imitates art people. When a man spends his life pretending to be a tough guy that marches out in front of the crowd to strike down those who would rise up against those that the protagonist holds dear - well - he's gonna rise up and strike down those that might act out against those he holds dear.
...even if it does require a sideways glimpse from the woman that brought him onto her podcast to make sure the world knew that her cuckolding him was a true sign of his love and affection.

Fight the good fight every moment Mike Lowrey...
Every minute
Every day
People pay a lot to see those movies - Make it worth the price we pay
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 03-31-2022 at 13:19.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 16:17   #4
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

I’m in agreement with Infowars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4702ECFD-FFAC-4D2B-AB23-257BB22EDE28.jpg (42.4 KB, 69 views)
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:59   #5
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
New Movie in the works?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8E24BBD5-4B54-4CCA-8386-5CCD893EF062.jpeg (466.5 KB, 51 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 14:57   #6
Sohei
Area Commander

I'm never shocked when clowns do what clowns do within their great big circus tent.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 13:43   #7
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Will was just mad at Chris, that is all.
Why was he mad?

Chris convinced Will that it would be perfectly safe to let Jada go into the champagne room.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 18:14   #8
Penn
Area Commander

For Box

Jorge Luis Borges

Everything and Nothing

There was no one inside him, nothing but a trace of chill, a dream dreamt by no one else behind the face that looks like no other face (even in the bad paintings of the period) and the abundant, whimsical, impassioned words. He started out assuming that everyone was just like him; the puzzlement of a friend to whom he had confided a little of his emptiness revealed his error and left him with the lasting impression that the individual should not diverge from the species. At one time he thought he could find a cure for his ailment in books and accordingly learned the "small Latin and less Greek" to which a contemporary later referred. He next decided that what he was looking for might be found in the practice of one of humanity's more elemental rituals: he allowed Anne Hathaway to initiate him over the course of a long June afternoon. In his twenties he went to London. He had become instinctively adept at pretending to be somebody, so that no one would suspect he was in fact nobody. In London he discovered the profession for which he was destined, that of the actor who stands on a stage and pretends to be someone else in front of a group of people who pretend to take him for that other person. Theatrical work brought him rare happiness, possibly the first he had ever known–but when the last line had been applauded and the last corpse removed from the stage, the odious shadow of unreality fell over him again: he ceased being Ferrex or Tamburlaine and went back to being nobody. Hard pressed, he took to making up other heroes, other tragic tales. While his body fulfilled its bodily destiny in the taverns and brothels of London, the soul inside it belonged to Caesar who paid no heed to the oracle's warnings adn Juliet who hated skylarks and Macbeth in conversation, on the heath, with witches who were also the Fates. No one was as many men as this man: like the Egyptian Proteus, he used up the forms of all creatures. Every now and then he would tuck a confession into some hidden corner of his work, certain that no one would spot it. Richard states that he plays many roles in one, and Iago makes the odd claim: "I am not what I am." The fundamental identity of existing, dreaming, and acting inspired him to write famous lines.

For twenty years he kept up this controlled delirium. Then one morning he was overcome by the tedium and horror of being all those kings who died by the sword and all those thwarted lovers who came together and broke apart and melodiously suffered. That very day he decided to sell his troupe. Before the week was out he had returned to his hometown: there he reclaimed the trees and the river of his youth without tying them to the other selves that his muse had sung, decked out in mythological allusion and latinate words. He had to be somebody, and so he became a retired impresario who dabbled in money-lending, lawsuits, and petty usury. It was as this character that he wrote the rather dry last will and testament with which we are familiar, having purposefully expunged from it every trace of emotion and every literary flourish. When friends visited him from London, he went back to playing the role of poet for their benefit.

The story goes that shortly before or after his death, when he found himself in the presence of God, he said: "I who have been so many men in vain want to be one man only, myself." The voice of God answered him out of a whirlwind: "Neither am I what I am. I dreamed the world the way you dreamt your plays, dear Shakespeare. You are one of the shapes of my dreams: like me, you are everything and nothing."

Last edited by Penn; 04-04-2022 at 18:21.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:35   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
For Box...
Dude, are you sure you aren't talking about Adam Shulman ??

He also married Anne Hathaway who is also from England who also maintains a very private relationship. He ALSO acts and produces.
Besides, we all know that William Shakespeare is fake. A legend. A made up personality.

C'mon man... the only two authentic portraits of "William Shakespeare" were painted after his death.
...seriously? Besides, how would a portrait artist get a dead guy to smile?

Its all right there in black and white:
Quote:
Every now and then he would tuck a confession into some hidden corner of his work, certain that no one would spot it...
"I am not what I am."

The real world sees what the real world sees - and what the real world saw is not the same as what the reel world saw because the reel world sees things quite differently than what the real world thinks they saw.

What the reel world saw was theater - actors doing what actors do. What the real world saw was validation that hollyweird is full of spoiled rich millionaire that can do whatever they please relatively consequence free.

Oh wait - his ban means he can't can’t vote or attend events or get swag - which REALLY means that he can STILL be nominated but just can't attend the ceremony if he wins. Will smith could take an extended vacation without having to worry whether or not his bills are paid.
...and did you know that just getting nominated for one of those little hollyweird sex toys is worth 50 grand even if you loose.

There are enough folks praising him for simp-slapping Chris Rock that he will still be able to get work and just like Tom Cruise movies after his meltdown on Oofrah Winnefrees couch - people are still gonna buy tickets because people are stupid and dont care - just keep the bread and circuses going.

"People still argue to this day why Smith and Rock exchanged barbs. Maybe it was just pride, having survived so many brushes with media. Maybe their egoes pushed them to it. I don't know. But that shit was crazy."
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote