Old 09-05-2021, 07:23   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
All I see are Ones and Zeroes

Friday afternoon I was out on the porch, enjoying some great whisky and a good cigar.

My phone received a msg/warning from here about an update to a post, so I try to read it. Opened up the site and it is rubbish,, not really but not FOG friendly...

My primary display is my mini-system with a 32inch screen, my phone is not my internet machine of choice. I have an apple 12pro, it's great but the PS.com is not friendly to small screens.

Is there a plan to create a PS.com app that scales the text to something more useful?

A good example of re-fitting is the FoxNews app. They deconstruct the data elements and map the text and graphics to a small screen-friendly size.

attached: screenshot in landscape mode, in portrait mode it is a complete loss.

Tx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ps1.jpg (34.0 KB, 25 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:49   #2
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

My old eyes makes me use two fingers to pinch and zoom every thing to the borders.

My wife set her iPhone up in settings with very large font (including the control in “Accessibility” to make the font even bigger) all the time but I don’t like that. I think I’m one or two steps below maximum from factory default large font and still have to zoom websites but email and most other apps are readable with my glasses on.

HTH

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:17   #3
Sohei
Area Commander

It's extremely hard to see on my phone without almost completely utilizing the entire screen space. Heck, I have it multiplied up to 140% on my MacBook. Maybe it's just my eyes are getting old....
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:42   #4
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohei View Post
It's extremely hard to see on my phone without almost completely utilizing the entire screen space. Heck, I have it multiplied up to 140% on my MacBook. Maybe it's just my eyes are getting old....
My eyes are not as good as they used to be, but this problem has to do with contextual sizing vs auto-sizing.

The site is passing data and your/my phone is doing its best to auto-size it to fit the screen, immaterial of the resultant usefulness.

The use of a phone app like FoxNews will turn off auto-sizing and forces the data into a useful size based on the screen's restricted viewing area.

It's a piece of work that is not easy nor cheap,, I think.

There may be somebody or something out there that can easily remap the format, but the systems developer world does not make money selling "easy"

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote