Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 03-17-2009, 06:12   #16
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Sent my paper work yesterday
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41   #17
Dan
Administrators

This wasn't posted last year, but here's the story from a local Fayetteville, NC article and a photo from another source.

Quote:
Bush attends memorial for 82nd Airborne troopers
By KEVIN MAURER
Associated Press Writer

FORT BRAGG, N.C. — President Bush read from the Book of Isaiah Thursday during a private memorial ceremony for families of 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, promising that he and first lady Laura Bush grieve with them.

"I know this hurts. You need to try and stay strong," Bush said, according to Liz Perkins, whose 27-year-old stepson Andrew was killed in Samarra, Iraq, in March 2007.

"He was very nice and very tearful in his eyes when he said that," she said.

Bush spoke briefly at the private rededication of the 82nd's memorial to paratroopers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The memorial was recently expanded because there is no more room for the names of the dead on its original granite column.

The 82nd has lost 165 members in Iraq and Afghanistan. The division suffered 87 fatalities last year, more than in any other year since the wars began.

During the ceremony, about 150 "Gold Star" family members were invited to place yellow roses at the base of the memorial's 12-foot granite column. Bush greeted the family members, hugging and posing for pictures.

"It was like burying him all over again," Perkins said. "Right now I am very haunted and it brought back a lot of memories of how he died."

Bush's visit to Fort Bragg - his fourth since taking office - coincided with "All-American Week," at the Army post. The 82nd's traditional homecoming was canceled last year because nearly the entire division was fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Before taking part in the memorial ceremony, President Bush spoke at the division's review ceremony, toured a barracks and met with a Special Forces team that recently returned from Afghanistan.

Maj. Gen. Thomas R. Csrnko, commander of Army Special Forces Command, and Maj. Gen. James W. Parker, commander of the JFK Special Warfare Center and School, presented Bush with an honorary Green Beret in a shadow box with insignia from all seven Special Forces Groups.

They also gave him a Yarborough Knife, created by the late Lt. Gen. William Yarborough who was instrumental in the buildup of Special Forces, and a silk scarf for the first lady.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg President Bush and CGs.jpg (284.2 KB, 279 views)
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 13:52   #18
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Paperwork sent to SWC for the autho, in waiting mode to drop cash and go back into wait mode for the Y-Knife.

I'm in a quandary though - my GB was handed to me and signed by this Oregon logger, so which one for the field...

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 14:06   #19
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
Paperwork sent to SWC for the autho, in waiting mode to drop cash and go back into wait mode for the Y-Knife.

I'm in a quandary though - my GB was handed to me and signed by this Oregon logger, so which one for the field...
Hell, my "Y" is signed by the same Oregon logger, who HAD to have access to a particular DeLorean, and I use it (the Y) whenever I get to the "woods"!!

If you're not willing to expose it to the real world, I can set you up with a GB!!

Later.
Martin
Old 04-07-2009, 16:03   #20
bobby efurd
Quiet Professional

Recieved my vetting and authorization letter today. Mine has been gone for 3 weeks. I called the SW Museum today and delivered price by Fedex 2 day is $304.22. Looking foward to getting it in my hands.
Bobby
bobby efurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 16:47   #21
Savoy6
Quiet Professional

These are great knifes. I certainly treasure mine and take it with me whenever and where ever I go.
Savoy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 17:36   #22
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The Oregon Logger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
Hell, my "Y" is signed by the same Oregon logger, who HAD to have access to a particular DeLorean, and I use it (the Y) whenever I get to the "woods"!!

If you're not willing to expose it to the real world, I can set you up with a GB!!

Later.
Martin
Martin, I have 3 Chris Reeve Knives and a 4th "Yarborough Serial Numbered Knife on the way" Two of the knives are 50th Anniversary 1st SFG (Abn) numbered knives. Also have 2 numbered Professional Soldier Chris Reeve Knives, My question is this If you lost one of the numbered knives would a very honest person be able to return it to the owner based on the serial number?
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 17:53   #23
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
My question is this If you lost one of the numbered knives would a very honest person be able to return it to the owner based on the serial number?
Yes.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 19:09   #24
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The new batch of knives will start with serial number SF-0001.
Why didn't they start where they left off? The first ones did not have the "SF-" in front of the serial number.
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:38   #25
slcraig
Quiet Professional

Have sent off my request, missed the first go around due to living overseas and not having any internet for quite awhile. Thanks to all those who made this possible.
slcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07   #26
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Ok, I've been waiting for a month for the letter to come back to me... Anybody know how long it's taken in the past?

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06   #27
bobby efurd
Quiet Professional

Mine took a full month. I mailed my paperwork to the Museum last week. I will post when I receive the Y.
Bobby
Old 04-17-2009, 14:28   #28
bobby efurd
Quiet Professional

I recieved my Yarborugh today. Wonderful knife that I will treasure. Thanks to Mr. Harsey and Mr. Reeves for having the wonderful tallent to produce such a knife. From the time I sent in my paper work until I recieved the Y was six weeks.
Bobby
Old 04-21-2009, 08:49   #29
x SF med
Quiet Professional

I sent my request on March 15, still no letter to purchase... no joy.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:31   #30
DinDinA-2
Guerrilla

Ditto on the "no joy". Sent mine in on 15 March also.
DinDinA-2 is offline   Reply With Quote