Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Briefback

Old 06-08-2004, 20:50   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

This forum

Is this cool for history and what not? How's the subtitle? Any ideas for making it better?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 21:17   #2
Gypsy
Area Commander

I have enjoyed reading the thoughts and stories here, it's really a privilege for me as a civvie since I would not have this opportunity outside of a professional community such as this one. But also I understand that there are many things that the Men here would not care to share with the general public on an open forum...so there is a line as to what can/would be posted. Personally I'd love to see more stories or history discussions if appropriate. Briefback is a good title.
Old 06-08-2004, 21:26   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy
But also I understand that there are many things that the Men here would not care to share with the general public on an open forum...
It's not that we don't care to share with the public, we also have to deal with the classified issues.

TS
Old 06-08-2004, 21:40   #4
Gypsy
Area Commander

Thank you Team Sergeant, wrong choice of words on my part...that was my intended meaning.

A reminder to myself to post less when tired!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:05   #5
Solid
Guerrilla Chief

Of all the things that I read on this sight, the vivid stories posted here probably 'stick' the most. I think many other people appreciate the little bits of insight these stories give into the life and times of an SF soldier.
While traffic on this forum is low, I think it is excellent, if only as a place to keep those stories so that everyone has full access to them- there is no need to dig through files or search forums.

JMO,

Solid
Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:28   #6
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Re: This forum

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Is this cool for history and what not? How's the subtitle? Any ideas for making it better?
I like it.

Still hoping to learn whether you ever shot that captain in Panama . . .
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:33   #7
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I refuse to answer on the grounds I may decide to run for public office in the future and this could be used against me.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:36   #8
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
I refuse to answer on the grounds I may decide to run for public office in the future and this could be used against me.
LOL

When you're ready to run, I'll be your first contributor and volunteer.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:57   #9
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
This bunch would make for one hell of an election committee. I can see it now, "NDD For Congress, The People's Candidate" or "NDD: Bringing the Art of Unconventional Warfare to Washington"
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote