Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 04-21-2008, 20:45   #1
charlietwo
Quiet Professional

Al Askari Mosque (Golden Mosque) Bombing

Here's one of the few snippets of history I personally experienced while in Iraq. The picture I attached is an aerial shot of the Al Askari Mosque (Golden Mosque) in Samarra, Iraq shortly after it was destroyed by Al Qaeda in Feb. 2006. This flight definitely sent some chills down my spine. Note the swarm of black dots -- they were slowly gathering, chanting, and moving towards our location in the small corner of the city that was held by the Iraqi/American military. Also, an interesting insider note, the other local mosques immediately claimed that the mosque was destroyed by Israel Mossad.

Another item of note, a female Iraqi reporter from Baghdad quickly arrived within the city and began investigating (imagine that, a reporter who actually investigates and reports the story) the bombing. After quickly determining and reporting it to be an inside job, her and her cameramen were promptly abducted. She was eventually raped and beheaded. Coincidentally, this particular tragedy within a tragedy was not reported anywhere that I knew of within the global media.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mosque overhead edited.JPG (36.9 KB, 54 views)
charlietwo is offline   Reply With Quote