Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-13-2022, 15:31   #16
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
I suspect the oligarchs have discovered the limits of their power, in this nation at least.
Maybe not. John Kerry.Walmart, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Bezos, Gates, etc are continuing forge ahead on the Great Reset.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:19   #17
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

The destruction of our society has obviously been ongoing for quite some time. It used to be subtle but now it's in your face and "what are you going to do about it" force.
I think us citizens have reluctantly held onto the fantasy that our politicians were actually there to represent us, even though it has been quite obvious this is not really true. If you are a large corporation or tech giant then your lobbying dollars go a long ways to having politicians do your bidding.
There are a lot of humans who crave wealth and power. Those of us not having thoughts along these lines make it harder for us to believe that total control of society would be someone's goals. We forget our history..........Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc.
The purge has started within our military and I believe it won't be too many more years before it's complete. I'm guessing its quite divided within the ranks right now but here a sample of what they are now recruiting:

https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2021/0...disobey-video/

Its troops like this that make creeping authoritarianism easier and easier for those who wish to control.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:59   #18
bubba
Quiet Professional

Leeroy Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshooter View Post
The destruction of our society has obviously been ongoing for quite some time. It used to be subtle but now it's in your face and "what are you going to do about it" force.
I think us citizens have reluctantly held onto the fantasy that our politicians were actually there to represent us, even though it has been quite obvious this is not really true. If you are a large corporation or tech giant then your lobbying dollars go a long ways to having politicians do your bidding.
There are a lot of humans who crave wealth and power. Those of us not having thoughts along these lines make it harder for us to believe that total control of society would be someone's goals. We forget our history..........Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc.
The purge has started within our military and I believe it won't be too many more years before it's complete. I'm guessing its quite divided within the ranks right now but here a sample of what they are now recruiting:

https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2021/0...disobey-video/

Its troops like this that make creeping authoritarianism easier and easier for those who wish to control.
“The people I worry about are NOT the people I worry about!”

The army is a paper tiger. Plain and simple, they would get their collective arses kicked within weeks if they are used to “put down” an armed insurrection. All elite forces would dissolve with their weapons and equipment (and most important along with their training and toughness). They (the USG) are watching us in particular due to our ability to stand-up formations of G’s that would reek havoc on their infrastructure and supply chains (not to mention their combat power).

I’m all for their continued lowering of standards to let chicks in combat arms and keep malingers in the force. Makes the job all that much easier.

All I can say is “pack your bags and bring a lunch” if they think it will end well for them.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 01-14-2022 at 10:02.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 13:06   #19
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

The creeping continues.

Quote:
The FBI recently sought to develop sources inside Christian churches and Catholic dioceses as part of an effort to combat domestic terrorism, according to internal documents released by House Judiciary Committee on Monday.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi...documents-show
Old 04-10-2023, 13:34   #20
Box
Quiet Professional

Authoritarianism is bad.

I just thought I'd get that out of the way RIGHT up front.

Quote:
-Stop doing that in public, or else.
-"Or else WHAT"
***SMACK*** - never question my authority !
-What the hell did you do that for?
-Because I said stop *** SMACK***
-But why did you hit me again?
-So that you know I mean business.
It's definitely not a good exchange; but if the rule of law says don't and you do and you get a non-judical smack down - well, you knew it was coming and besides, you could have done it in private but you choose to challenge authority.
Authoritarianism is bad; it encroaches on peoples unfettered rights. It also is a really poor literary choice for saying 'rule of law'

You can still do whatever the fuck you want in private. You can still think for yourself. You can still root for the Red Sox or the Cardinals or Dodgers or the Yankees and you can wear whatever hat you want as long as you don't start throwing frozen water bottles and cans of Great Value tomato soup at the police officers when your team loses.
But if you do - the PoPo is bringing an ass whupping.
They are bringing a bad one.
A REAL bad one.

Why?
Because - like I said - authoritarianism is bad.
Authoritarianism is REALLY bad if you have a problem with authority.
If you aren't a jackass, and you don't have a problem dealing with a reasonable degree of authority - you may even get along without getting an oak shampoo from the constable.

However, one side of the political spectrum doesn't ackshooaly practice authoritarianism - they prefer totalitarianism.
-That side of the political spectrum calls EVERYONE that doesn't agree with them a "literal" knotsee.
-That same side of the political spectrum wants to FORCE you to let them subject your children to drag queen story hour.

If you resist, you are called out as a dissident and left to fend for yourself when the mob comes. Or worse - they just label you as a domestic terrorist.
...either way, they just wait for you to defend yourself and then you are jailed for being a violent extremist.

-That same side of the political spectrum says its offensive to call someone a p3d-oh-file - instead you should call them "minor attracted persons"
...and if you don't, you're cancelled.

It doesn't matter WHAT team you root for - you can ONLY wear a New York Yankee hat...
...ever.

If you get caught with an unapproved hat - even in your own house - you're cancelled - or worse.

That unspecified side of the political spectrum is not interested in authoritarianism - they don't care about rules - they only care about power. To 'THAT SIDE' of the political spectrum, authoritarianism is inherently flawed because an authoritarian state cannot mobilize the entire population without substantial effort. You cannot shepherd an entire population in pursuit of a common goal without some degree of push-back because human beings are gonna human.

Authoritarianism is bad.
Authoritarianism is bad but it's really just an impolite and horribly administered way of demanding that everyone follow rules to the very letter of the law.
Or else.

Totalitarianism, on the other hand, seeks to utterly and completely suppress traditional systems. It demands strict adherence to a prescribed ideology. It can easily mobilize entire populations in support of a directed goal because the entire population has already submitted to a strictly guided ideology.
And it really doesn't care about rules as much as it cares about predetermined outcomes.

An authoritarian government will enforce mask mandates. A totalitarian government doesn't need to enforce mandates because the populace willingly and unquestionably follows them regardless of the demonstrated facts behind the declared fiat.
Or else.

...or at least that's what I've been told
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 04-10-2023 at 14:02.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote