Old 06-02-2011, 14:46   #1
chenzo
Asset

18A in the NG

In the ARNG, Officers are required to attend the active component MC3 before the Q-course. However, having just been awarded the privilege of Company Command last month, I have to attend the reserve component in order to fulfill my assignment requirements. I do not have the option of leaving my Company for 5 months for resident MC3. Can anyone tell me if this is going to preclude me from becoming an 18A? I would imagine I'd have to take the resident MC3 as well but I don't know if there's any rules or regs prohibiting something like this.
chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 19:46   #2
Sapper124
SF Candidate

what do you think will preclude you?

As far as MCCC, i am currently in the AD course (NG SF Candidate), I know of a few peers who have started the NG DL MCCC and one who has even completed the NG DL MCCC and they still have to attend the AD MCCC. Is that what you were wondering about?
Sapper124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 18:41   #3
chenzo
Asset

Yes that's the info I was looking for. What state are you in? I'm not concerned about having to do the resident MC3 after the RCMC3, I'll do whatever I have to, I just wanted to confirm that there isn't some obscure reg saying something like once you do one component MC3, you are unauthorized to do the other. Is it documented anywhere that it has to be the AD MC3?
chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:13   #4
ODoyle
SF Candidate

I am running into this problem right now and will keep you updated. I completed phase 1,2,3. The online portions and the first two week class at Fort Benning last summer. I am now trying to enroll in the AC MCCC. I just recieved an e-mail today saying my reservation for the AC MCCC was disapproved because I had already completed the RC MCCC. Im not sure if this is an issue with my state or higher. Our state schools NCO is out on leave until Friday. I will let you know what I find out. Oh I am in WA.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08   #5
Sapper124
SF Candidate

AC MCCC

I have a buddy who was in the same boots as you, finished the RC MCCC and was having trouble submitting an ATTRS reservation for AC MCCC. State Level School NCO will be the one to fix this for you, youll be enrolled in no time. In the mean time, brush up on Ops Terms and Graphics and the orders process
Sapper124 is offline   Reply With Quote