Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-21-2015, 20:27   #31
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Whenever the topic of global warming comes up, you should remind people that the data from East Anglia University that started all this nonsense was false. The scientists involved admitted that the results from original data used did not fit their expected result. So, they did what every true scientist would do, they changed the data entered into the model until it produced their desired result.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 20:31   #32
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
I always thought WD 33 thru 39 were better products, and better for the environment. They should bring back WD 39.
33 1/3 was the best!

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 20:49   #33
Tree Potato
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
Whenever the topic of global warming comes up, you should remind people that the data from East Anglia University that started all this nonsense was false. The scientists involved admitted that the results from original data used did not fit their expected result. So, they did what every true scientist would do, they changed the data entered into the model until it produced their desired result.
This was even put to music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dul_hYde0nk
Tree Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 21:37   #34
PSM
Area Commander

So, Bernie Madoff goes to prison for screwing a bunch of rich guys who wanted to get a special investment deal that us not-so-rich guys couldn't get, but the people who steal government money and blackmail corporations get...

FREE MADOFF! JAIL GORE!

p.s.: I'm serious.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 22:29   #35
Flagg
Area Commander

I place hijacked environmentalism in the same category as hijacked feminism.

Have we made great strides in both environmental policy and feminist equally since the 1960's?

Absolutely.

And in both cases they were absolutely necessary.

Pollution remediation and gender inequality were both in serious need of adjustment.

And they have been.

US water and air quality are significantly better than decades ago, and although not perfect is heading in the right direction.

Institutional gender inequality has largely been destroyed, and although not perfect is heading in the right direction.

The problem I have with both is how hijacked feminism resulted in my Mom/Sister/female friends now having 2 full time jobs(as opposed to just 1 as their historical counterparts had) and no one is allowed to question that part.

What I see is houses have gotten bigger, families have 2 cars, and they've got more junk.

But women have been completely shafted having to work heaps harder/longer in exchange for a little bit more trinket-y bullsh!t.

It's like the exchange of Manhattan for a few shiny beads.

Except complaining about hijacked feminism means you hate women, discussion over.

I expect no different from hijacked environmentalism.

Back in the day with hijacked feminism I reckon it was aligned interests between government(to hide poor fiscal/monetary policy) and commerce(new revenue streams from females who now must be employed for family financial survival).

The result, make Mom love her new 3 job lifestyle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0P94wyBYk

At least back then they tried to Jedi Mind Trick you into believing the nonsense.

The current hijacking iteration for Climate Change doesn't even try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATTknP8t7JU

It's like the Khmer Rouge with an English accent.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:46   #36
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Antonio Gramsci was instrumental in developing the blueprint for 'hijacking' causes to subvert Christianity and advance Marxism.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/foru...0&postcount=10

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:57   #37
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I place hijacked environmentalism in the same category as hijacked feminism.

Have we made great strides in both environmental policy and feminist equally since the 1960's?

Absolutely.

And in both cases they were absolutely necessary.

Pollution remediation and gender inequality were both in serious need of adjustment.

And they have been.

US water and air quality are significantly better than decades ago, and although not perfect is heading in the right direction.

Institutional gender inequality has largely been destroyed, and although not perfect is heading in the right direction.

The problem I have with both is how hijacked feminism resulted in my Mom/Sister/female friends now having 2 full time jobs(as opposed to just 1 as their historical counterparts had) and no one is allowed to question that part.

What I see is houses have gotten bigger, families have 2 cars, and they've got more junk.

But women have been completely shafted having to work heaps harder/longer in exchange for a little bit more trinket-y bullsh!t.

It's like the exchange of Manhattan for a few shiny beads.

Except complaining about hijacked feminism means you hate women, discussion over.

I expect no different from hijacked environmentalism.

Back in the day with hijacked feminism I reckon it was aligned interests between government(to hide poor fiscal/monetary policy) and commerce(new revenue streams from females who now must be employed for family financial survival).

The result, make Mom love her new 3 job lifestyle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0P94wyBYk

At least back then they tried to Jedi Mind Trick you into believing the nonsense.

The current hijacking iteration for Climate Change doesn't even try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATTknP8t7JU

It's like the Khmer Rouge with an English accent.
Good stuff.
I've often wondered:

Why is it that the great majority of aggressive feminists are appearance-challenged?
Why is it that the great majority of aggressive environmentalists are libs?
Old 11-22-2015, 19:03   #38
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
Antonio Gramsci was instrumental in developing the blueprint for 'hijacking' causes to subvert Christianity and advance Marxism.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/foru...0&postcount=10
oooOOOOOooo!

So I'm not crazy!

Cheers for the affirmation Haha.
Old 11-22-2015, 19:12   #39
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Good stuff.
I've often wondered:

Why is it that the great majority of aggressive feminists are appearance-challenged?
Why is it that the great majority of aggressive environmentalists are libs?
When I think of hijacked feminism, I don't think about old school, traditional role based stuff.

I think about having been surrounded by awesome, strong, capable women who have gotten shafted the MOST by feminism.

I think about that scene in 1984 in the elevator and they're small talking about how "the chocolate ration has increased from 30 to 25 grams a month, Doublegood!".

It's like being served a sh!t sandwich that you have to eat.

We've all eaten sh!t sandwiches before, I prefer mine to be voluntary and without the mandatory requirement to have to say "Thank you!"
Old 09-03-2021, 19:31   #40
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Kickstart this old can again because we’re all about to eat a sh!t sammich. In the aftermath of Hurricane Ida the same old arguments are being used to spend our great-grandchildren’s future and the current party in charge just can’t wait to line their pockets with our money.

This isn’t the worst it’s ever been, the continents were created by even bigger forces before recorded history, and someday in the future that will likely happen again, but one thing is actually true…”man made disasters” have been created by man. Nature just provides the conditions to show us where man has overreached and created the conditions for catastrophic results and measurable points of failure.

The island houses in Louisiana on Grand Isle got destroyed because they were there. The low lying inexpensive residential areas that have flooded from Houston to North Carolina and the Northwest in recent years and, over and over again in the Gulf Coast is because they keep building low income housing on land that no one should rightfully be allowed to purchase or insure. The Condominium in Florida didn’t necessarily fall down because of climate change, it fell down because it was built poorly and humans (man) failed to recognize the danger, greed and shortcuts killed all those people; not rain and salt spray; those things actually are part of living next to an ocean.

Now before this gets too long winded, breezy and wet, what happened in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania this week should have been foretold by Hurricane Sandy. The number one problem with the Northeast (anywhere for that matter) is that the rivers and tributaries feeding them haven’t gotten any bigger in the last one hundred years, but the land that was once forest, and plains of grass and dirt (watersheds) have all been turned into ribbons of pavement and parking lots, cement structures and sidewalks and other non-porous materials shedding water wherever it can. Engineers (otherwise smart and educated people) have designed every millimeter and square inch of living space and roadway to drain into something never created for the purpose and insufficient to carry it away. Water will always find the path of least resistance and accumulate in low lying areas…that’s just what it does. Don’t the engineers know where that is?

This isn’t a result of an extra inch or two per hour of rainfall (in recorded history) or a one or two increase in temperature over the last one hundred years, but a direct result of 50,000,000 to 100,000,000 more people occupying the same space only spread out a little more than before. Climate always changes up or down, left and right, but man is responsible for the entire situation that causes man (humans) to suffer consequences for their actions.

You know who F’d up this time? It wasn’t God or Mother Nature…it was the person who watches the weather and tells the government what to expect…and the government to tell the people what they should do because we all now know the people are too stupid to make decisions for themselves. Like living in a basement apartment subject to flooding or riding a subway train through a waterfall, or driving your car down into a flooded underpass seeing the taillights of the cars in front of you disappear. Most people who die in their cars in a flood die on a road they are familiar with and only miles from their destination. Why is that?

Every (nearly every) life lost to Hurricane Ida could have been prevented and many were because they heeded the instructions to leave its path or stay home, but others were never warned of the hazard it posed or simply ignored the dangers they could see with their own eyes. Gee it’s really raining hard tonight maybe we should pull off on some high ground out of the way or stop somewhere until it’s better…hmm?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 22:44   #41
Paslode
Area Commander

True ODNT, but a good portion of the sheeple are ignorant of the facts. In my AO the weather people preach how much worse winters are and tell the viewers we've never had over 6" of snow, it's never been as cold, and the snow has never been on the ground for more than a few days.

Yet I have a 1950's picture of my Grandfather shoveling in almost knee high snow in his drive. I can recall walking to the bus stop in snow in excess of 6", below zero temp and near blizzard conditions......

Back in 2017 CBS had this to say about Houston....

Quote:
There are a lot of factors at play. For one: Houston's elevation. The city is relatively flat and is barely above sea level. Downtown is only about 50 feet above sea level, and there's only about a four-foot change between the highest and lowest parts of downtown. That means when rain falls, it has nowhere to go, and takes a long time to drain out.

Some of the southern suburbs are even lower...at 40 feet above sea level. The highest point in the city, in the northwest suburbs is only 128 feet above sea level.

Once the bayous flood, the freeway system functions as a de-facto secondary flood control system, even though it isn't supposed to. New freeways are built to handle 100-year floods, but we've already exceeded the conditions that define a 100-year flood at in many spots with the flooding from Harvey.

Once the water overtops the freeways, you get to the residential streets which are recessed in a bit as a final small flood control measure. As soon as the water gets above that and onto the sidewalks, homes start flooding.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvey-...ajor-flooding/
Old 09-04-2021, 05:41   #42
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Now before this gets too long winded, breezy and wet...
Entire post is a post-frontal breath of fresh air. Literally, thank you.

We have similar denizens up here. They build palatial cabin-like things right onto the channel-edge of a small-but-powerful little river just away from a fixed-capacity spillway and then Mother Nature periodically does her reveal. She does this quietly in comparison to the Northeast US because that is where all the suits & cameras are. Nonetheless, she will spill that Chicagoan's 2nd home into the lake with just as much equality-of-outcome as any. It gets some local pictures in the paper and there will be hearings & flailing of arms & gnashing of teeth. But the dummkopf will rebuild in the same spot, caring little about what holds the soil and why one might want to do that & leave it be.

Meanwhile the largemouth & crappies really like the new structure; it's better than planted fish cribs.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:00   #43
Box
Quiet Professional

Never let facts interfere with a well-developed narrative.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:57   #44
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

To my point…people are really stupid!

https://apple.news/AYYV5FBaySDSop_IE319LMQ

'Heroic' bus driver says she was so focused on getting passengers out of floodwater, she didn't notice they were standing on seats

"I couldn't go back. I couldn't stay there," Amonte said. "The only decision I could take in the moment was (to) go over it, past Queens Boulevard."

Governor praises Amonte
The video got plenty of public attention, and by Thursday, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul stopped at a Queens bus depot to thank Amonte.
"Rosa did something that is absolutely, unbelievably heroic," Hochul told reporters gathered there.
"She drove passengers through 3 to 4 feet of water. I watched that video. The water ... was in the bus. People are literally standing on their seats to make sure that they did not drown inside a bus," Hochul said.
"But she didn't pull over and say, 'I'm out of here, I'm going home.' She stood there. She drove; she went through the night and did what it took to get people there safely."

Maybe I should go back a few years and find the Elementry School Bus driver (I think it was Texas) who drove her bus across a shallow flooded road and it floated away and down further and further into the trees until it was completely submerged and everyone died! ETA: I stand corrected. In recent Texas incident bus driver and one student didn’t die. But stumbled across this other related story also from Texas and one from the Dead Sea in Jordan.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/s...220707600.html

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...o-11293761.php

https://www.newsweek.com/dead-sea-fl...search-1188289

One’s a hero the other a zero. Only difference…outcome.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 09-04-2021 at 13:47.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 17:01   #45
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Climate Change:

There are way too many people on this planet, and the population by 2050 is projected to be 12 billion people... All most all human beings have a body temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit, + the vast majority of these people will burn wood to cook meals and stay warm in cold climates. The solution is to limit /control population growth....