Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 04-09-2021, 18:42   #1
angel
Asset

Earned an 18x on sandhill (OSUT FT. BENNING)

I was 36 when I shipped to to infantry basic training at fort Benning. I couldn't get an 18x contract at meps, but decided to roll the dice and hope to pick one up at OSUT. ITS POSSIBLE!! You must have a GT score of 110 or higher, be at least 21, and score higher that a 270 on the apft. If you don't meet any of those standards you will not get one. Only 2 of us got an 18x contract. So many where disqualified for GT scores and age (too young). This website gave me confidence to roll the dice for the 18x contract, and I feel like I must pay it forward to the next man. Good luck and make sure you meet those requirements, they give NO WAIVERS, actually I got an age waiver because I was too old but they don't give any for GT or Apft scores.I saw many heartbreaks because they where told different. Hope this helps good luck.
angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:59   #2
JimP
Quiet Professional

age is just a matter of mind over matter. Get after it and good luck!!

Now...I will say, I am feeling more and more of those "matters" as I age, but that must be my craziness taking over. This morning I am identifying as a 22 year old, freedom fighter who can leap tall buildings, run across States, swim the pacific ocean and hop-scotch up Pike's Peak. Now...if I could just roll my ass out of this chair to hobble over for another cup of coffee....

Seriously, I don't think I started slowing down until about age 50 or so. Good luck!!
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote