Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-15-2022, 09:34   #1981
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Circling back, hope that's the worst of it for you. From my little brief party dance that sensory thing should be a felony because... bacon.

Did anyone you contacted in the public health world, given you're just a couple days in with light symptoms, suggest monoclonal antibodies?
Nothing yet and it’s Saturday so my doctor is off, and my agency’s medical office is closed. Feel good other than headache and back pain but back pain is something I live with. By the time this long weekend ends I’ll either be cured or in the ER.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:55   #1982
PSM
Area Commander

Hit us now, too. My wife woke up achy and with chills last Saturday morning. Developed a bad headache and loss of appetite but still could taste. She moved into the guest bedroom for 2 and 1/2 days. I started gargling with H2O2 mixed with Listerine. Since the beginning, in 2020, I've taken vitamin D, zinc, and quinine (tonic water with orange juice).

Neither of us have been vaccinated and my wife is 6 years younger than me. I woke up Monday morning with a runny nose, feeling slight chills, and my eyes hurt but no headache. I didn't mention it to my wife, but I expected to wake up with it full-blown on Tuesday. Tuesday morning I woke up feeling fine. My taste buds were screwed up by the gargling but nothing else. No testing so we have no idea what we actually had, but, for me, it was less than the mildest cold I've ever had. I have no lasting effects, but my wife has a slight lingering cough.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 01-15-2022 at 12:56.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 13:21   #1983
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I tried sleeping for nearly 12 hours last night, tossed and turned a lot but feel better today. Heart rate is back to normal and feel much better now. Headache is gone with OTC Mucinex Maximum Strength Severe Cold and Flu medicine. Hopefully this was all it is…

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 01-15-2022, 15:06   #1984
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
By the time this long weekend ends I’ll either be cured or in the ER.
Exactly. Wish you the best. Mayo lady that dealt with me over the phone and set up the antibodies said (their diktat) they wanted to avoid light symptoms going away only to come roaring back later.

PSM probably just scared hell out of his, given his locale.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 21:01   #1985
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
I tried sleeping for nearly 12 hours last night, tossed and turned a lot but feel better today. Heart rate is back to normal and feel much better now. Headache is gone with OTC Mucinex Maximum Strength Severe Cold and Flu medicine. Hopefully this was all it is…
Glad to hear that you appear to be on the downside of it now. Welcome to the herd!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 23:03   #1986
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post

PSM probably just scared hell out of his, given his locale.
What?! I like my ER, they've been very, very good to me. This is a really nice hospital (https://www.professionalsoldiers.com...Vista+Regional). It sucks that I have to keep injuring myself to visit it. My wife loves the waiting room. It's very comfy.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:47   #1987
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
What?! I like my ER, they've been very, very good to me. This is a really nice hospital (https://www.professionalsoldiers.com...Vista+Regional). It sucks that I have to keep injuring myself to visit it. My wife loves the waiting room. It's very comfy.
LOL. I meant perhaps virus is scaredy-cat to venture off the pavement & even come after you.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 01-16-2022, 10:31   #1988
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Nothing yet and it’s Saturday so my doctor is off, and my agency’s medical office is closed. Feel good other than headache and back pain but back pain is something I live with. By the time this long weekend ends I’ll either be cured or in the ER.
I'm sure this is redundant but just in case...
In past threads I recall you have a pulse ox.
If your reading drops under 94% despite resting n deep breathing please have someone drive you to the ER asap!

Its the regular threshold before I put some one on o2 back in the ER. But I remember the last patient who almost required medevac. Her personal doc advised her against antibodies when her symptoms were mild. Few days later when her O2 sat dropped, we brought her in, put on o2 n by then she consented to the antibody + few other cocktails. The medevac was initiated but thankfully she turned around. No vaccines available during this time so we had a nurse who already got and recovered to work 1:1 with the patient

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 23:28   #1989
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Just let you guys know,‘I’m pretty much sure this thing is 99.83% in the rear-view-mirrors; left behind at the first rest stop. Today has been quite normal for me. Never once felt a respiratory or clotting problem and O2 saturation levels have remained normal for me (which is about 98%) up to 100 or down to 95 (rarely). BP has been good even with all the extra cold&flu meds.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:41   #1990
Badger52
Area Commander

That is good to hear, thanks.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:55   #1991
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Just let you guys know,‘I’m pretty much sure this thing is 99.83% in the rear-view-mirrors; left behind at the first rest stop. Today has been quite normal for me. Never once felt a respiratory or clotting problem and O2 saturation levels have remained normal for me (which is about 98%) up to 100 or down to 95 (rarely). BP has been good even with all the extra cold&flu meds.
You will be okay. I tested positive 31st December. So, my staycation ended 10th.
Mostly coughing and sneezing with mild nose congestions. Took the normal regimin of vitamins I've taken for over 6 months now-. What helped me was use of a netipot with salt water. i've taken only 1 covid vaccine. J&J in June 2021. I'm in the camp on no mRNA vaccines. Found on deepcapture I'm in the camp of Army Flight Surgeon named Lt. Colonel Dr. Theresa Long, MD, of Ft. Rucker. for those who would read her affidavit, by the way a good read. I like her reasoning!
Quote:
""US COVID-19 Vaccines Proven to Cause More Harm than Good Based on Pivotal Clinical Trial Data Analyzed Using the Proper Scientific Endpoint, All Cause Severe Morbidity,” by J. Bart Classen, MD and published in Trends in Internal Medicine; August 25, 2021.""
I'm 74, very good health by was VA doctor has said and my Johns Hopkins doctor last visit in October, At least I'll live till my next appointment!sarcasm

I hope this helps.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:14   #1992
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I am really glad to hear that you are better! But, how did you calculate that probability so precisely?
Old 01-17-2022, 10:29   #1993
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
I am really glad to hear that you are better! But, how did you calculate that probability so precisely?
The number of people in the world population not affected by or recovered from Covid. *

I will add the Apple Watch 7’s blood oxygen sensor is spot on and handy. Matches up with my pulse oximeter with same results.

(ETA: * I made it up like all statistics )

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 01-17-2022 at 10:48.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:46   #1994
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
I will add the Apple Watch 7’s blood oxygen sensor is spot on and handy. Matches up with my pulse oximeter with same results.
LOL. A data point with more actual value than internet statistics.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:57   #1995
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
What helped me was use of a netipot with salt water. sarcasm

I hope this helps.

Funny you said netipot. some 18D's are currently messing with nose wash and deluded Iodine solution to kill off COVID in the nasal passage. Saying it really speeds up recovery.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote