Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-08-2019, 11:34   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

Army Combat Fitness Test Fiasco!

Army Combat Fitness Test Fiasco! Slides Reveal 84% of Women Failing ACFT

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2019/...-failing-acft/

I really should have posted this in the Comedy Zone - but here it is. The writer is mad because it's unfair that so many women are failing the test. That's about as deep as he can think.

"...The short version: oh man was I right. The slightly longer version: the Army Combat Fitness Test is an unbridled, unparalleled, unimaginable disaster. The bottom line: the raw numbers reveal a test absurdly biased against women in uniform, but frankly, no one wearing a green uniform really comes out ahead in this thing..."
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:12   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
There is an on-going topic I encourage on FB based on the NEW PC Left's push to allow trans-males into traditional female sports.

I have posted several times about this presumed gender EQUALITY in women's sports and the effect it is having on the winning circle.

The Left stays complacently quiet, least they sound like a conservative.

Now, the services have the same problem,, but kinda in reverse.

If you are going to rank the World on physical attributes based on job requirements,, you need to accept that there will be top tier and bottom tier.

And herein lies the dilemma that the Left will struggle with till the end of time.

There is no equality for the sexes when you're talking about physical performance.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 13:05   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

I suspect that the standards for the events causing the most trouble will be quickly and quietly modified to provide a better outcome for everyone - much like the gender-norming that was done on the LAST fitness test. The claims that this new test is a single standard PT evaluation is bit more nuanced than a simple "one Army one standard" fitness test.
Submitted for review and comment are a few facts about this new and improved PT test...

There are three different baseline "Standards" for the ACFT
Moderate
Significant
Heavy
**Please notice that the lowest level of readiness is referred to as "moderate" which seems a bit odd

There is only one point scale - but the minimums are different based on MOS.

Max is the same across the board regardless of MOS

I'll use 18 Series to illustrate the unusual scoring standards with the new test:
The Team Sgt only has to meet "Moderate"
The 180A only needs to meet "Significant"
The Team Leader and remaining members of an ODA must pass the "Heavy" standard
All SF Officers to the O6 level must meet Heavy standards
General Officers need only meet "moderate" standards

There is no "age" discrimination now but the "Zulu" crowd and the GO ranks certainly seem to get a break. I am sure there is some good solid science behind the numbers because there is no way they would have any arbitrary reasons behind the scoring scale.

So - now you know - it is physically more demanding to be a BN Commander, Group Commander, or Staff Officer at USASOC than it is to be a Tm Sgt or 180A on an ODA.
But - it is more physically demanding to be an ODA 180A than it is to run SWC, 1st SFC or even USASOC

Of course there are only about 8 or 10 career fields that qualify as Heavy with most of the Army only needing to demonstrate "moderate" levels of fitness.

Clearly the test needs a few more tweaks before we can report that everyone is equal.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 10-08-2019 at 13:29.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 17:21   #4
cbtengr
Area Commander

He states that the test sets women up to fail. I would hope that the standard would motivate them. If they truly wish to for the lack of a better term be one of the guys. Call me old fashioned but I will never think that opening combat arms up to females was the right thing to do. YMMV
Old 10-08-2019, 17:58   #5
Scimitar
Area Commander

Notice the 6 woman in the Cav unit all did VERY well.
So, apart from the leg lift this is all very achievable.

Also, I'm not sure of the 2 mile run benchmarks compared to the old APFT.
But we're seeing a female fail rate in the run alone of 111 / 358
31% seems awfully high.

Lastly, there's all manner of calculation errors in that spread sheet.
Maybe the document got leaked to that officers high school math teacher?

Also, the infantry units certainly can't seem to count to 10.
Mind you...11 Bravo, I guess makes sense.

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:42   #6
Scimitar
Area Commander

The Brits seem to have a similar idea on a new, more comprehensive, fitness test.

They're calling theirs the RFTS.
Very interesting to see how they've approached the problem.

YT.com
Army.mod.uk

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 13:01   #7
Quartz_MJC
Quiet Professional

There is no gender equality when it comes to physical capability.

A tough woman can beat some men
A tough man will be all woman

SOF needs tough men.
Quartz_MJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 13:25   #8
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz_MJC View Post
There is no gender equality when it comes to physical capability.

A tough woman can beat some men
A tough man will be all woman

SOF needs tough men.
Some how that just looks wrong!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 16:48   #9
PRB
Quiet Professional

In 2014, Fallon Fox, a transgender MMA fighter, beat his female opponent, Tamika Brents, so severely, that she suffered a broken skull and concussion before being TKO’d.

In an interview following the fight, Brents said:
I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right… I still disagree with Fox fighting. Any other job or career I say have a go at it, but when it comes to a combat sport I think it just isn’t fair.
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 22:15   #10
Box
Quiet Professional

I think we should shower praise on folks like Fallon Fox. Athletes like Laurel Hubbard, Cece Telfer, Terry Miller, and Rachel McKinnon are dominating their competition.
DOMINATING

Modern cultural wanted equality and they are now being force-fed the results of their social tinkering like a goose being gavaged for Foie gras

Men are now proving that they are better at everything - Fallon Fox and others are now proving that men are so good at doing stuff better than women that they can even beat women in a contest that requires being a woman.
Whodathink it - men make the best women !!!

We need more menwomen in the Army - that way we can be certain that OUR female troops are better female troops than what other countries are fielding.

Now THAT is what I call good old American style equality.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:18   #11
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
We need more menwomen in the Army - that way we can be certain that OUR female troops are better female troops than what other countries are fielding.

Me thinks you have spent to much time at the DNC rallies

link: Democratic Party Platform Takes Strong Stands on Transgender Equality

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:01   #12
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I think we should shower praise on folks like Fallon Fox. Athletes like Laurel Hubbard, Cece Telfer, Terry Miller, and Rachel McKinnon are dominating their competition.
DOMINATING

Modern cultural wanted equality and they are now being force-fed the results of their social tinkering like a goose being gavaged for Foie gras

Men are now proving that they are better at everything - Fallon Fox and others are now proving that men are so good at doing stuff better than women that they can even beat women in a contest that requires being a woman.

LMFAO....
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 18:52   #13
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Roost <---- chickens

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 21:03   #14
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
DOMINATING

Yup! Recruiters will start ramping up their efforts to sign up appropriate gender fluid fellas with the promise of a free gender reassignment operation!

...turns out that it was just a radiator hose from a Toyota Hi-Lux[/QUOTE]
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 21:47   #15
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Bob View Post
Yup! Recruiters will start ramping up their efforts to sign up appropriate gender fluid fellas with the promise of a free gender reassignment operation!

...turns out that it was just a radiator hose from a Toyota Hi-Lux
[/QUOTE]

Best cross thread quote of the year!

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote