Old 06-06-2012, 12:26   #1
shuvelrider
Asset

Lookin for Top

I'm new on here, posted my intro already. Maybe someone can give me a direction on this, or tell me to take a hike if I'm offbase.
Am trying to contact my old 1st Sgt from Germany, a career SF guy from the Vietnam era. At the time I knew him he was TOP at Echo Co,12th Engrs (Dexheim), his name is Robert (Bob) Paul Mohs I knew him there in 83-84.

He left there to attend CSM school and then returned to Germany, went to Bad Tolz to take over as 1st Bn, 10th SFG CSM position until he retired in 91. My intent was to see how he is doing, and to thank him for being that one NCO who showed me what an NCO should be. Had a Harley Lowrider called "Milwaukee Iron", wondering if he still has that on the road, I believe he had a nickname of "Patches".

Just looking to contact him if that's possible.
shuvelrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:40   #2
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvelrider View Post
I'm new on here, posted my intro already. Maybe someone can give me a direction on this, or tell me to take a hike if I'm offbase.
Am trying to contact my old 1st Sgt from Germany, a career SF guy from the Vietnam era. At the time I knew him he was TOP at Echo Co,12th Engrs (Dexheim), his name is Robert (Bob) Paul Mohs I knew him there in 83-84.

He left there to attend CSM school and then returned to Germany, went to Bad Tolz to take over as 1st Bn, 10th SFG CSM position until he retired in 91. My intent was to see how he is doing, and to thank him for being that one NCO who showed me what an NCO should be. Had a Harley Lowrider called "Milwaukee Iron", wondering if he still has that on the road, I believe he had a nickname of "Patches".

Just looking to contact him if that's possible.
Fill out your profile .........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 13:15   #3
Richard
Quiet Professional

He was on RTs New York and Hawaii at CCC - I'd check with the Special Operations Association.

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 19:29   #4
shuvelrider
Asset

OK, thought I did fill out the profile initially. Guess it did not take.

Profile completed as requested

Last edited by shuvelrider; 06-06-2012 at 20:03.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25   #5
shuvelrider
Asset

Well, if anybody has anything useful on his whereabouts or contact info, just send me a PM.
Just one soldier trying to find another soldier to see how he's doing and to say thanks. He is that one unique soldier that I remember after all these years, who really stands out in my memory . Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:11   #6
MVP
Quiet Professional

MOHS

Mohs was the Tm SGt for 121/021 from mid 84 to early 85. In 85 he went to 1/51 Inf as a CSM until coming back to Tolz in late 87 or early 88 to replace Jumpin Jack. I spoke to him at the closing of Toelz in 91 and IIRC he said he was retiring in the NW (Seattle/Portland or such).

MVP
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 13:29   #7
Bennett
Quiet Professional

bobby Hohs

Rean into him a couple of years ago here at a 10th Group CoC, he's reited and living in MN, I'll see if I can get a more better contact for him.
De Oppresso Liber
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]
Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 20:14   #8
shuvelrider
Asset

Would appreciate that sir, thanks.