Old 11-21-2008, 20:39   #1
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

094: The Wild Geeks

I left this team in 1990. We called ourselves the Wild Geeks, had a logo, etc. Went to Germany.

We named our team after our "unique" Tm Ldr named CPT Larry C.

When I got to 2/10 I never went over to 3rd to see if that name might have stuck or at least, be rememberd.

I came across a sticker we had made to leave in bars, etc. just the other day. If I can get my scanner to work I will post it.

Any info out there on this? Or folks from C/3/10 in late 80s?

We had a T-shirt printed up. Logo on the front and "We upped our standards, up yours" on the back. I might even have one of those somewhere in my shit that is spread over 3 states...
alfromcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 19:14   #2
rab97
Quiet Professional

Wild Geeks no more

I'm in C Co. They changed their motto to 'Machs Gut' and the team emblem to a Skull wearing a joker's hat. The team name is also changed to 0331 due to the future 4th BN expansion. Hope this was helpful.
rab97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:52   #3
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfromcolorado View Post
I left this team in 1990. We called ourselves the Wild Geeks, had a logo, etc. Went to Germany....

It was still 'Wild Geeks' when I left Devens for Carson.....I was a couple doors down on 096.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:34   #4
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

Thanks. It was obviously a short lived thing.

It came from a team leader we had. A real geek that was dumped on us to "save". We didn't treat him too good.

Funny thing is he got RIFed and started a company that did contracts with the government and now he has more money than all of the rest of the team will probably ever make.

Is that poetic justice or what?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:37   #5
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab97 View Post
I'm in C Co. They changed their motto to 'Machs Gut' and the team emblem to a Skull wearing a joker's hat. The team name is also changed to 0331 due to the future 4th BN expansion. Hope this was helpful.
Ah, the wonderful "musical team numbers" fascination is still there I see.

I remember when 3rd got to Carson and they pretty much made C Co the mountain company.

So how is that USASOC mountain course going? Group too busy for putting it on?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:22   #6
ROVER
Quiet Professional

Location: Maine, Currently in Nasariya Iraq as Staff Mentor with the G-Staff of 10th Iraqi Army Division
Al,
I talked to Larry last year. He was shutting his Maine offices down and moving the company to NC. You're right he has more money than Carter has liver pills. When I talked to him he was leaving to go Heli-skiing in Britsh Columbia with my old Tm Ldr from C. Co, Rick T.
GC
ROVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14   #7
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
Al,
I talked to Larry last year. He was shutting his Maine offices down and moving the company to NC. You're right he has more money than Carter has liver pills. When I talked to him he was leaving to go Heli-skiing in Britsh Columbia with my old Tm Ldr from C. Co, Rick T.
GC
GC

Sorry I got tied up and didn't make it up to Maine. This MARSOC gig is in its infantcy and I get tied up on things and forget personal things.

Heli skiing in BC eh? He must have paid a fortune for the ski lessons he needed since leaving 10th.

So he is moving to NC... There goes the neighborhood. I know he is way down in the number of contracts he was holding. Heard some other stuff was going on that would best be discussed in a different setting.

Is he still a monumental geek?

Al