Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 09-12-2014, 10:26   #61
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
One thing I am keen on watching is if public perceptions/opinions on countering ISIS mirrors the changes to public perceptions/opinions on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill a few years back.

Everyone went nuts protesting it. Then the price of energy exploded and shot past $110 a barrel within 12 months. All those SUV gas hog driving part-time Greenies shut up REAL quick.

I wonder how public perception will change towards taking the gloves off IF pump prices start to hurt.

I suspect opposition to aggressive kinetic action will fade if climbing pump prices are perceived to be related.

Will rising pump prices provide scope for a temporary permit(if not a license) to kill?

And if so, would the permit come too late?
For me the pump prices shouldn't go up, yet they will. But I hear what you're saying. I feel the world, Arab League, and even OPEC should have been doing something about the stealing of oil on the "black market." With all the open sorce reporting and articles you know who is buying it and general amounts they are getting them per barrel at.

I would be targeting the trucks leaving oil refineries on top of ISI/ISIL/ISIS/IS "units and Formations."

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 00:10   #62
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
For me the pump prices shouldn't go up, yet they will. But I hear what you're saying. I feel the world, Arab League, and even OPEC should have been doing something about the stealing of oil on the "black market." With all the open sorce reporting and articles you know who is buying it and general amounts they are getting them per barrel at.

I would be targeting the trucks leaving oil refineries on top of ISI/ISIL/ISIS/IS "units and Formations."
Here's an article I find pretty interesting:

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/09/19/e...te-269247.html

I know it's Newsweek.....but I reckon they did a decent job on it.

I know Turkey is dealing with some nasty anti-secular momentum and the emasculation of the Turkish military's power to protect Ataturk's reforms and prevent the return of the caliphate.

But it's a bit of a shocker to read this article.

While a lot of it is to be expected(government tacit support , vulnerable underclass, and islamic civil war on the border), the volume of recruiting in Turkey is frightening.

And leaves me thinking Turkey might someday go full retard caliphate, or iron fisted total war Algeria.

I could see how Sahin Aktan's ex wife could be recruited into ISIS reading between the lines.

But a 25 year old Kyrgyz Christian chick going full retard ISIS, damaged goods/socially vulnerable or not, is Invasion of the Body Snatchers kind of spooky.

I'm aware a few girls in the US have done the same and been pinched(they seem to fit the same damaged goods/socially vulnerable/easily recruitable ).

I'v got my own opinions on things, but without being an SME on the topic.....I'm pretty confident pretty much everyone seems to be doing it wrong based on open source.

Who(if anyone) is doing it right?
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:14   #63
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
Here's an article I find pretty interesting:

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/09/19/e...te-269247.html

I know it's Newsweek.....but I reckon they did a decent job on it.

I know Turkey is dealing with some nasty anti-secular momentum and the emasculation of the Turkish military's power to protect Ataturk's reforms and prevent the return of the caliphate.

But it's a bit of a shocker to read this article.

While a lot of it is to be expected(government tacit support , vulnerable underclass, and islamic civil war on the border), the volume of recruiting in Turkey is frightening.

And leaves me thinking Turkey might someday go full retard caliphate, or iron fisted total war Algeria.

I could see how Sahin Aktan's ex wife could be recruited into ISIS reading between the lines.

But a 25 year old Kyrgyz Christian chick going full retard ISIS, damaged goods/socially vulnerable or not, is Invasion of the Body Snatchers kind of spooky.

I'm aware a few girls in the US have done the same and been pinched(they seem to fit the same damaged goods/socially vulnerable/easily recruitable ).

I'v got my own opinions on things, but without being an SME on the topic.....I'm pretty confident pretty much everyone seems to be doing it wrong based on open source.

Who(if anyone) is doing it right?
I can understand on how a male is recruited into ISIL or into any Islamic movement. The bigger issue is how they can get females to leave their homes and families. That is the surprising one. Yes you could be right on the lines on how “same damaged goods/socially vulnerable/easily recruitable.” Just as a Drug dealer or Pimp will make a Girl “Work” for him or her.

The article that TR posted about their funding and drive behind it, makes for me of a reason. But Still.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04   #64
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

This, Old Dog Not So New Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
There is I believe an economic factor tied to this current Sunni Islamic "Fascism" at least at the upper levels of C2. If it is correct that Saudi Arabia is or has funded ISIS in Syria and has blessed their "Blitzkrieg" invasion of Sunni controlled Northen Iraq with tactical encursions into the Kurdish region (long detested by the former Baath party.)

Then it should stand to reason that those holding the reigns are in this for control of the oil fields and the money associated with them.

Starting a "Holy War" with the current ferver of anti-American hatred is as seen in our current state of global weakness, the time for land grabs and regional control.

The family of Saud, is not stupid (I did like the Mafia connection) and they are acting with "implied consent" exempt from their US handlers.

As far as a UW approach to long term sustainability. Thirteen years ago today, a handful of Saudi hijackers crashed four American airplanes into US financial and military headquarters and started a ball rolling we have been chasing ever since.

Think about it?

Just an opinion.
O.D.N.T. puts a light on what the Feds are NOT telling anyone. The implied consent. The financial and political influence of Saud.

The religous fanaticism is just a fuel, the effort is to gain control over an entire region. They are focused on the oil rich and financially supportive areas of the region.

Our basic instruction is to remember Islam is not just a religion, it is a form of governing and a form of banking. The religion is used by the governing elite to gain control of the finances. Which buy religous support, to gain control of the governed, to obtain more financial support... and on and on.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 14:56   #65
tonyz
Area Commander

Islamic State spokesman again threatens West in new speech
By CALEB WEISS
September 21, 2014 7:39 PM
Long War Journal

Abu Muhammad al Adnani, the spokesman for the Islamic State has released a new speech today entitled "Indeed Your Lord is Ever Watchful". In this new fiery speech, al Adnani threatens not only America, but also European countries for supporting US airstrikes in Iraq against the Islamic State.

"O America, O allies of America, and O crusaders, know that the matter is more dangerous than you have imagined and greater than you have envisioned", Adnani says, "We have warned you that today we are in a new era, an era where the State, its soldiers, and its sons are leaders not slaves. They are a people who through the ages have not known defeat".

Adnani then goes on to say, "O crusaders, you have realized the threat of the Islamic State, but you have not become aware of the cure, and you will not discover the cure because there is no cure. If you fight it, it becomes stronger and tougher. If you leave it alone, it grows and expands". In the next paragraph he warns that "this campaign will be your final campaign. It will be broken and defeated, just as all your previous campaigns were broken and defeated, except that this time we will raid you thereafter, and you will never raid us. We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women, by the permission of Allah, the Exalted."

Adnani then mentions President Obama directly when he says, "And O Obama, O mule of the jews. You are vile. You are vile. You are vile. And you will be disappointed, Obama. Is this all you were capable of doing in this campaign of yours? Is this how far America has reached of incapacity and weakness?"

He then warns American and European citizens for "their governments actions in Iraq". He goes to say, "O Americans, and O Europeans, the Islamic State did not initiate a war against you, as your governments and media try to make you believe. It is you who started the transgression against us, and thus you deserve blame and you will pay a great price. You will pay the price when your economies collapse. You will pay the price when your sons are sent to wage war against us and they return to you as disabled amputees, or inside coffins, or mentally ill".

Adnani then calls on Muslims who support the Islamic State from around the world to "defend the Islamic State". "So rise O muwahhid [monotheists]. Rise and defend your state from your place wherever you may be. Rise and defend your Muslim brothers, for their homes, families, and wealth are threatened and deemed lawful by their enemies."

He then calls on these Muslims to "strike the soldiers, patrons, and troops of the tawāghīt [those who cross the limits of Allah]. Strike their police, security, and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents. Destroy their beds. Embitter their lives for them and busy them with themselves. If you can kill a disbelieving American or European - especially the spiteful and filthy French - or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be."

Threatening the United States or Europe in speeches is nothing new for Adnani or the Islamic State. In a recent propaganda video released earlier this week, the Islamic State threatened to "attack the White House and kill US troops".

When the Islamic State beheaded US reporters James Foley and Steven Sotloff, it said "So any attempt by you, Obama, to deny the Muslims their rights of living in safety under the Islamic Caliphate will result in the bloodshed of your people". And when the Islamic State beheaded UK aid worker David Haines, they warned, "[Britain's] evil alliance with America, which continues to strike the Muslims of Iraq and most recently bombed the Haditha Dam, will only accelerate your destruction" and "will only drag you and your people into another bloody and un-winnable war."

In a documentary released by VICE News in August, an Islamic State press officer in Raqqa went on camera saying, "Don't be cowards and attack us with drones. Instead, send your soldiers, the ones we humiliated in Iraq. We will humiliate them everywhere, God wiling, and we will raise the flag of Allah in the White House."

More importantly, in Abu Bakr al Baghdadi's first recorded speech, he threatened the United States by saying, "As for your security, your citizens cannot travel to any country without being afraid. The mujahideen have launched after your armies, and have swore to make you taste something harder than what Usama had made you taste. You will see them in your home, Allah permitting. Our war with you has only begun, so wait."

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat...#ixzz3E50N1Gyg

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 15:26   #66
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

From the article posted above: " You will see them in your home, Allah permitting. Our war with you has only begun, so wait."

Don't force us to fight; because you're not going to like the way we fight once the PC gloves come off. We're waiting you Satan-worshiping mfers. Bring it on if you dare!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:47   #67
Lighthouse
Auxiliary

My home???

I can't even take that threat seriously. All these [insert extremists group name here] guys are the same. They think they are really hard men from what they do to the those who don't possess the means to defend themselves. Then the lease comes off and they are all turned to dust.
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:26   #68
helicom6
Asset

Count Me In!!

We will never be able to politicize and collaborate for peace with these demons on earth....It is time humanity took back the earth from these hounds of hell!! I'm no religiously-minded man, but I can only sum up that this is a battle against the greatest type of evil humanity will ever face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
First, if you do not have a strategy, you never admit that. You can always say that you are working on it. Let them guess whether you actually do or not.

Second, I am pretty sure that there was no strategy in place on 9/11 stating that if Al Qaeda hijacked and crashed four airplanes in the US and killed 3,000 Americans, our plan was to invade Afghanistan and go after them.

Nonetheless, and like him or not, President Bush and his administration put boots on the ground in country working to overthrow the Taliban and attack Al Qaeda in fourteen days.

The first SF ODA hit the ground and went to doing our jobs in 39 days. The evidence of their success is evident, and the Taliban quickly fell.

What is the current administration doing to destroy ISIL and remove them from Iraqi territory? Who knows?

Do they have a plan, if not a strategy? How many people work in government for just such contingencies and strategy development, and what are they doing to earn their paychecks lately?

Next, the wussification of America and the military is evident. We have dropped combat effectiveness for a grand social experiment. We want a bloodless war, like people got used to in Desert Storm. What these thugs need to see is Old Testament violence and punishment. No mercy, no quarter. Bomb them even further into the Stone Age, shoot every one of them, unleash Hell fire, and salt the earth of their people. Hamburg. Berlin. Tokyo. Dresden. Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Give the residents a couple of days to force out the ISIL scum on their own, and then we punish them. Make an example of the first few cities, so that they fear us more than ISIL. Use the Iraqi Army to fight and secure the population centers. Kill deserters. Create a highway of death and a string of burning vehicles and dead bodies all the way back to the Syrian border like DS. Then offer to continue the attack inside Syria if there are any more problems with ISIL. Seize their funds. Attack their infrastructure. Initiate PSYOP messaging to those who might be inclined to support our enemies, or oppose us. Divide their alliances. I don't want Americans on the ground again in Iraq, but since I want ISIL on the ground in the US even less, we will do what we have to.

You want a strategy? Here you go. Or strategy is to use every means at our disposal to kill every ISIL member and sympathizer we can find who remains inside Iraq in 72 hours. We reserve the right to start early if it pleases us. Go home now or die. And here is another thing. I don't want to hear any shit about departure plans and dates till victory has been achieved. We are staying till the job is done and the last shot is fired. By us.

Finally, if you travel outside the US to attend this party, you are immediately and permanently stripped of your US passport and citizenship. And your families go on the watch list as potential collaborators.

BTW, the rest of the military not involved in this action are deploying to secure our southern border. Better late then never.

That is all.

TR
helicom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:29   #69
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

I applaud this guy for putting his money where his mouth is, but I can't help but wonder why he was discharged from the Army so early. I'm thinking a mental disorder.

Wisconsin man decides to join YPG to fight ISIS

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:51   #70
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

The parallels are amazing. An unprovoked attack on American soil by a fanatical enemy who is prone to suicide missions and beheading prisoners. An enemy whose belief in their leader as a demigod and their ruthlessness in following orders and their extreme cruelty to captives. Japanese or Muslim? Take your pick. From experience, we know what stopped the Japanese and turned them into model citizens.
I am afraid that the cure for Muslim extremism will need to be more drastic. My reasoning is , the Japanese had and have many admirable social and industrial ethics which, when redirected , produced an admirable society. The Muslims on the other hand, have very little to commend them and less that will turn them into model citizens once defeated.
That Muslims are poor soldiers is a truism plain to anyone. The Israelis beat almost the entire Arab world in 6 days. America has run over the Iraqis twice without any significant bother. The Afghanis are exceptions to the rule and should be left to their own devices and only bombed into submission once every hundred years or so.
Otherwise, the path forward is plain for anyone to see, but I am afraid that America, with a crypto-Muslim leading it, is not in the right place to effect the cure.
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:58   #71
frostfire
Area Commander

Japanese hostage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-30893735

Let's see, a banzai charge against ISIS fanatics...or give them a taste of their own medicine via kamikaze....or let''s have ISIS experience an assault with the same resolve as 442nd RCT when rescuing the Lost Batallion

In a "way,' this is good. I want to see ISIS kidnap citizens from every single country. That way, they can be labeled as world's #1 menace (if not already)...and eradicated with extreme prejudice

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:04   #72
tonyz
Area Commander

Complete article at link - VDH again makes some interesting observations regarding our complex problem dealing with radical Islam.

Muslims and Islamists
How do extremists relate to the population in which they live?

VDH 1/20/15 NRO

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...r-davis-hanson

The terrorism in Paris is yet another bad chapter in an ongoing Western debate over a seeming paradox. Almost all recent global terrorism is attributable to Islamic-inspired violence — much of it directed against Muslims. And yet the vast majority of the world’s 1.5 billion Muslims do not directly aid and abet the spate of Islamic extremism.

How then to focus on the Islamic terrorists without polluting the surrounding sea in which these sharks swim?

Do history’s radical movements assume initial or even ongoing popular majorities to ensure their viability? Obviously, the vast majority of Germans, Japanese, Italians, and Russians did not support the extremists who came to power with Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, and Lenin.

Indeed, besides carrying out the Holocaust against the Jews, Hitler killed thousands of his own Germans, an array of homosexuals, Communists, domestic critics, and the physically handicapped. Stalin caused more deaths among his own fellow Soviet citizens in the Twenties and Thirties than the Wehrmacht later did.

The point is that extremist movements, even when they become strong enough to reach power, are not always particularly kind to their own or well liked among them. That Muslim radicals kill Muslims in their midst does not necessarily mean that they do not prefer to kill non-Muslims.

The continued influence of radical Muslims who engage in terrorism hinges on whether they bring power, prestige, and resources to the people that they otherwise usually oppress. Islamic theocrats control governments only in the Gulf, Iran, and Gaza, and are trying to cobble together a caliphate largely in Syria and Iraq. Turkey likewise is moving toward theocracy. But Islamists are active, both above and below the radar, in almost every Muslim-majority nation — and they can manage this even where they enjoy very little popular support.

A great deal of attention has been given to radically changing views toward Islamic terrorism in the Middle East, after the disintegration of Syria and the rise of the Islamic State, along with the bloody rampage of Boko Haram in central Africa.

But what is even more striking is the large minorities who still either are willing to state their support for terrorists or say they are unconcerned about their activity. According to the Pew Global Attitudes Project, Muslim support for suicide bombing has dropped in recent years. Yet even so, in 2014 in major Islamic countries — Palestine, Lebanon, Egypt, and Jordan — somewhere between 18 and 46 percent of the population expressed approval for the proposition that suicide bombing against civilian targets can “often/sometimes be justified in order to defend Islam.

Cont'd at link above.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 01-27-2015, 10:19   #73
Richard
Quiet Professional

Good reads by Alastair Crooke - a former MI-6 agent and author of Resistance: The Essence of Islamic Revolution.

Richard

You Can't Understand ISIS If You Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alasta...b_5717157.html

Middle East Time Bomb: The Real Aim of ISIS Is to Replace the Saud Family as the New Emirs of Arabia

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alasta...b_5748744.html
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:54   #74
tonyz
Area Commander

Perhaps, this may get Barry off the back nine - the JV is certainly on the rise.

ISIS threatens Obama, Japanese and Jordanian hostages in new online messages
Fox News
1/27/2015

“Know, oh Obama, that will reach America,” says one of the fighters, clad in black and wearing a balaclava, in a translation from Arabic provided by MEMRI. “Know also that we will cut off your head in the White House, and transform America into a Muslim Province.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01...line-messages/

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 01-27-2015 at 12:59.
Old 01-27-2015, 21:42   #75
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Perhaps, this may get Barry off the back nine - the JV is certainly on the rise.

ISIS threatens Obama, Japanese and Jordanian hostages in new online messages
Fox News
1/27/2015

“Know, oh Obama, that will reach America,” says one of the fighters, clad in black and wearing a balaclava, in a translation from Arabic provided by MEMRI. “Know also that we will cut off your head in the White House, and transform America into a Muslim Province.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01...line-messages/
These idiots need to watch a bunch of our westerns and gangster movies. They have no idea how many guns will be trained on them if they were to get together and try to take terrain here. Even in The Communist state of NY and NYC would overwhelm a unch of black pajama wearing camel jockeys on US terrain. I would love to see a battalion of flag waiving idiots along the southern border when they cross. Open season commences on ISIS with out a bag limit.....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote