Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 08-29-2014, 09:53   #1
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

ISIS

“We cannot appease this ideology. We have to confront it at home and abroad ... We are in the middle of a generational struggle against a poisonous and extremist ideology that I believe we will be fighting for years and probably decades.”

British Prime Minister David Cameron addressed the threat of ISIS and Islamic extremism during a press conference in London.

I wonder if ZERO an Kerry understands what the PM said?

BMT
Old 08-29-2014, 10:16   #2
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

I don't doubt that they (Zero and Son of Zero) understand. However, they are so far over their heads on this issue I really doubt that they have a clue as to how to handle the problem and, more importantly, I am certain they will not do what is necessary to meet the threat.

i heard a comment yesterday from someone that I respect and I think there is lot of truth in it: "We have gone from a pacifist culture that can win wars to an aggressive culture that lose wars."
Old 08-29-2014, 10:25   #3
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post
“We cannot appease this ideology. We have to confront it at home and abroad ... We are in the middle of a generational struggle against a poisonous and extremist ideology that I believe we will be fighting for years and probably decades.”

British Prime Minister David Cameron addressed the threat of ISIS and Islamic extremism during a press conference in London.

BMT
Meanwhile, back on the farm....

Quote:
“We don’t have a strategy yet,” Obama said in a Thursday news conference. The startling — and troubling — admission came hours after videos surfaced showing the militants marching at least 150 Syrian soldiers through the desert — stripped to their underwear and barefoot. The troops were then executed, their bullet-riddled and slashed bodies arranged in a crescent moon that stretched across the desert. “Yes, we have executed them all,” an ISIS fighter told Reuters.

Hours after the disturbing images were released, Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said the NYPD was keeping an eye on the Middle East. He was particularly concerned about American jihadists — some from our area — returning to wreak havoc back home.
Full Article
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:33   #4
Lighthouse
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
"We have gone from a pacifist culture that can win wars to an aggressive culture that lose wars."
That's a hard pill to swallow. Letting this sink is really heartbreaking. The short memory of our countrymen and women is the downfall. Does it take something seriously dramatic happening here in the homeland for people to let men like you and others to the business that you all do best? As much as I would love to see ME action die down, the other side will never stop. They just seem to regroup.

BTW thank you guys for making it easy for my family to sleep at night.
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:19   #5
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

No, sadly our country is currently operating without a rudder. Captain Obvious is standing at the helm swinging hard left and right (like an amusement park kiddy ride) and there is no linkage between the wheel and the rudder.

Somehow I doubt the British PM even grasps the magnitude of these events in history and history will be published for all to see the failures of inaction at a time when action is necessary - on all fronts!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:51   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post

BMT
Wow, I've been saying this for years...... and finally a real Western head of state says the same thing.......

Sorry, but it applies to all islam, it should not be treated as a religion but as a extremist ideology that needs to be neutralized, globally.

This is why Zero is not acting, he's a mooslem at heart and we are a nation of idiots.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:56   #7
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Does it take something seriously dramatic happening here in the homeland for people to let men like you and others to the business that you all do best?
Short answer IMHO: Yes! Recent history seems to bear out that opinion too.
Old 08-29-2014, 13:04   #8
Five-O
Guerrilla Chief

]We have a president that does not have a strategy on Iraq Syria Egypt Ukraine Libya isis or our southern border. By contrast, Cameron is showing leadership and decisiveness... It's embarrassing.
Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 13:34   #9
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
]We have a president that does not have a strategy on Iraq Syria Egypt Ukraine Libya isis or our southern border.
The appearance of not having a strategy could be a strategy.
Old 08-29-2014, 14:02   #10
CDRODA396
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Does it take something seriously dramatic happening here in the homeland for people to let men like you and others to the business that you all do best?
Not only yes, but sadly also recurring. Something needs to happen every couple of years or the American Public's memory will fade and the will to do what's right quickly follows. We've seen this in our lifetime. 9/11 might as well been a hundred years ago in the minds of too many...oh, they celebrate the fallen on the day, but the will to continue to press the fight globally to prevent a similar attack is all but a forgotten sentiment in most. The question is will enough warriors be left when the threat shows up on our shore in mass..?
Old 08-29-2014, 14:08   #11
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRODA396 View Post
The question is will enough warriors be left when the threat shows up on our shore in mass..?
BINGO!!
Old 08-29-2014, 14:21   #12
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The question is will enough warriors be left when the threat shows up on our shore in mass..?
Yes, but, several thousand more sheep will need to be sacrificed along the way. I fear that more social and constitutional liberties will be squashed and squandered by the political elite and liberal media before they wake up and realize they are in deep trouble and in need of warriors to restore the peace through bloodshed and violence. Sometimes, it's the only thing some animals respect and submit to.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 14:49   #13
LarryW
Area Commander

It’s clear that the Executive Branch will not have the means (the “partners” the “coalition”) overseas or at home to deal with the threat. It’s coming. Heard a talking head last night say the greater threat in this environment is from PRC. For instance, with all the hoopla going on everywhere else this would be the time to annex the Paracel Islands. For that matter, any thug-run camp can choose this moment in history to make its move. Golf Boy and Pinhead won’t do shit. They couldn’t find their willie with both hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Yes, but, several thousand more sheep will need to be sacrificed along the way. I fear that more social and constitutional liberties will be squashed and squandered by the political elite and liberal media before they wake up and realize they are in deep trouble and in need of warriors to restore the peace through bloodshed and violence. Sometimes, it's the only thing some animals respect and submit to.
You're right, ODNT. DoJ and DHS are not coordinated enough to manage or even grasp the disaster in time to do anything about it at home. So, what can an old gas bag in rural Virginia do? Keep a watchful eye on the goings on, stock up on jerky, then lock & load and standby to standby. I’m gray and dusty but I can still learn. Lead the way, y’all. (Sitting on my ass ain't an option.) Mindset and treachery are trump.

Last edited by LarryW; 08-29-2014 at 15:08.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 14:59   #14
Lighthouse
Auxiliary

Quote:
Not only yes, but sadly also recurring. Something needs to happen every couple of years or the American Public's memory will fade and the will to do what's right quickly follows. We've seen this in our lifetime. 9/11 might as well been a hundred years ago in the minds of too many...oh, they celebrate the fallen on the day, but the will to continue to press the fight globally to prevent a similar attack is all but a forgotten sentiment in most. The question is will enough warriors be left when the threat shows up on our shore in mass..?
The most ironic thing about this is it was two of the most tolerant states in the nation that were last attacked. Go figure. The you have this guy being charged with workplace violence

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/us/isi...ter/index.html

Last edited by Lighthouse; 08-29-2014 at 15:01.
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 15:14   #15
tonyz
Area Commander

Wow, imagine that...here's a little heads up from your favorite source golf boy - full article at link below.

Britain Raises Terrorism Threat Level to ‘Severe’

By ALAN COWELLAUG. 29, 2014

LONDON — Alarmed by the suspected presence of hundreds of British jihadis among Sunni militants in Syria and Iraq, Britain increased its assessment of the terrorism threat on its own soil on Friday and said new laws would be introduced to counter what Prime Minister David Cameron called “a greater threat to our security than we have seen before.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/30/wo...=top-news&_r=0

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote